PDA

View Full Version : flyer envy

ragnarcissist
07-16-2012, 10:54 AM
looong time space wolves player, very happy with my 5000+ pt army and the newest codex makes them one of, if not the most, versatile armies in the game. but i just cant seem to shake this envy of what seems to be EVERY new codex getting a flyer!! i love jets and anything that fly's in general, so my question to you is: how can i squeeze in a flyer from an allies dex, spending as little money as possible (broke college student) on the model and the allied detachment (dont want GK!) or is forgeworld the way to go? that way i dont need an ally but they seem pretty darn expensive.... any help/suggestions much appreciated!

Melon-neko
07-16-2012, 11:04 AM
Depends on which flyer you want. Vendetta is probably the cheapest. Take a penal legion squad or veteran squad, a commisar lord or primaris psyker, and a vendetta or 3.

if you want the storm talon, take some scouts, an hq and the stormtalon

For storm raven i would go blood angel assault or scout squad and an hq

Bean
07-16-2012, 11:09 AM
Vendetta is hands-down the best. It's the best anti-flyer, too, which is nice, and bringing a good, cheap IG troop choice and HQ is easy. So, that'd be my suggestion.

If you want a Storm Raven, I'd take the GK one--it's got the psychic power that lets it ignore shaken and stunned. Worse missiles, though.

DarkLink
07-16-2012, 11:14 AM
It also has psybolts, which are awesome now.

wittdooley
07-16-2012, 12:11 PM
Go with Storm Talons and some troops. That way you can paint them up as Space Wolves and not have any concerns about it. I'd go with Scouts.

ragnarcissist
07-16-2012, 01:07 PM
one of my least favorite lines in this book pg. 112 "however, note that not even battle brothers can embark in allied transports"
: (

velox atrum
07-16-2012, 01:15 PM
for added fuel on "narrative" vs "competitive"

read pg 78 on dedicated transports "any friendly infantry unit" make them roll a dice as to which of the rules in BRB is operative pg 78 or pg 112

one could argue that 112 says transports which is general, while 78 says dedicated transports which is more specific ... NO I do not say this should be argued but.. ;)