PDA

View Full Version : sisters of battle

commissar camenzuli
07-14-2012, 08:08 AM
with the codex being issued last year in white dwarf, do we use that one??? or the witch hunters codex??? or is there a proper book coming out in sixth edition for them??? please tell me as i want to try and get into sisters of battle. and if anyone has thw white dwarf with the codex in, would they sell it to me???

bfmusashi
07-14-2012, 09:19 AM
WD codex is the active one. I'm not sure where you can get it, they used to publish the WD codexs as their own stand alone book eventually.

commissar camenzuli
07-14-2012, 10:24 AM
tah. they dont sell it on ebay, so i will have to keep looking.

ragnarcissist
07-14-2012, 11:28 AM
http://www.scribd.com/doc/63699413/Sisters-of-Battle-Codex-5th-edition-complete

gotta love scribd!

DarkLink
07-14-2012, 12:01 PM
Normally, don't ever post leaked GW stuff, but since GW doesn't even produce the Sisters codex at all... Why can't GW do a good job with a WD codex?

ragnarcissist
07-14-2012, 12:56 PM
sorry!! hope i dont get banned....

templarboy
07-14-2012, 01:16 PM
Has anyone played Sisters with 6th ed? I am wondering if they fare better under the new rules.

DarkLink
07-14-2012, 01:19 PM
Nah, like I said, GW doesn't even sell the sisters codex. No one's going to care. It's normally a forum rule to protect BoLS from an angry GW letter, but for the sisters codex no one is going to care. Which is kind of sad... Poor Sisters.

fuzzbuket
07-14-2012, 03:07 PM
can we use the 3rd ed sob codex then, if a staffer asks about not using the WD one ask for a copy!

might try this with 3rd ed gk..... radicals for the WIN :D

JMichael
07-14-2012, 08:18 PM
I play mostly Eldar but in 6th my Sisters are doing great!
The AP1 on the Exorcist is now a brutal +2 on Vehicle damage, and Rending Heavy Bolters are still great!

I will be adding Blood Angle allies to fill out my force and use them as a sledge hammer (Death Co jump troops, Death Co Dread, Chaplain, Librarian Dread).

20 woman Troops squads are awesome! Take 20 Bolters in Overwatch you Tyranid slime! Add in the Aegis Defense line for 50pts and you have great cover and AA.

And now that Hit And Run and Fearless effect the whole squad...The Saint can now disengage Assault (even in your opponent's turn) and makes the Seraphim Fearless.

DarkLink
07-15-2012, 12:32 AM
The AP1 on the Exorcist is now a brutal +2 on Vehicle damage, and Rending Heavy Bolters are still great!

But the damage table as a whole is a -1 compared to last edition, so it works out to the same amount of damage. The only real difference is Hull Points, and that AP 3/4/5/6/- are all basically -1 now, instead of just AP-.

bfmusashi
07-16-2012, 05:06 AM

I will be adding Blood Angle allies to fill out my force and use them as a sledge hammer (Death Co jump troops, Death Co Dread, Chaplain, Librarian Dread).

20 woman Troops squads are awesome! Take 20 Bolters in Overwatch you Tyranid slime! Add in the Aegis Defense line for 50pts and you have great cover and AA.

And now that Hit And Run and Fearless effect the whole squad...The Saint can now disengage Assault (even in your opponent's turn) and makes the Seraphim Fearless.

Your enthusiasm for your army is refreshing. :)

JMichael
07-16-2012, 03:13 PM
But the damage table as a whole is a -1 compared to last edition, so it works out to the same amount of damage. The only real difference is Hull Points, and that AP 3/4/5/6/- are all basically -1 now, instead of just AP-.

True. But having the potential to dish out 6 Str 8 AP1 shots/turn is loads of fun.
This weekend my Exocist and rending Heavy Bolters (Retributors) help level a 10man Chaos Termie squad in 2 turns flat!

Large Battle Sister squads re-rolling 1's to hit with bolters=much fun!

I'm still a bit bitter that the Immolator can't move 12" and fire the Heavy Flamer...But 6th edition favoring shooty armies certainly helps our Sisters.

badlybuilt
07-16-2012, 04:37 PM

I have been faithfully playing Sisters for 4months maybe more, and in 6th I am currently undefeated. Mind you that will probably change once people figure out tricks with their army with the current rule set. Celestine is amazing now, an auto include for most of my games. I add her to a full squad of seraphim with 2x HF, drop in front of an enemy squad and paste them. The overwatch from that squad is intense. I have been tinkering with a few different builds and so far with the new rules they come up roses. Heavy weapons are now being used in my BSS squads , Dominions are seeing the light of day more often and HF retributors are just plain nasty. The only weak point I have found so far is vs flyers, I have been thinking of adding the Aegis Defens line and a quad gun, then manning (ladying?) it with a ret squad. Despite our codex being (lack of a better term) half-assed , it does surprisingly well. The army cost on starting new is daunting but it's well worth it in the end. Oh almost forgot, DCA/Crusader + Uriah still blenders most units despite being AP3.... 30 attacks on the charge will go through most units. I hope you enjoy this army if you do pick it up, I am still excited for every game I play.

Iyandagar
07-16-2012, 04:52 PM
I have been faithfully playing Sisters for 4months maybe more, and in 6th I am currently undefeated. Mind you that will probably change once people figure out tricks with their army with the current rule set. Celestine is amazing now, an auto include for most of my games. I add her to a full squad of seraphim with 2x HF, drop in front of an enemy squad and paste them. The overwatch from that squad is intense. I have been tinkering with a few different builds and so far with the new rules they come up roses. Heavy weapons are now being used in my BSS squads , Dominions are seeing the light of day more often and HF retributors are just plain nasty. The only weak point I have found so far is vs flyers, I have been thinking of adding the Aegis Defens line and a quad gun, then manning (ladying?) it with a ret squad. Despite our codex being (lack of a better term) half-assed , it does surprisingly well. The army cost on starting new is daunting but it's well worth it in the end. Oh almost forgot, DCA/Crusader + Uriah still blenders most units despite being AP3.... 30 attacks on the charge will go through most units. I hope you enjoy this army if you do pick it up, I am still excited for every game I play.

I took my Sisters along to a tournament last month partnered up with a friend and his Space Pups. I took two Exorcists and sat them in the back field just firing their shots off like nobodies business whilst the Space pups took care of the more hand to hand nature of the battles. I too run/jump Celestine with 10 Seraphim with 2hand flamer ladies. All in all a pretty handy army, as long as you don't overmatch them... Though now over watch is here, they should do ok if they get charged.

Plus with initiative 7 young Cele can call out anyone and smack them up.

Daemonette666
07-18-2012, 05:41 AM
I have not used my sisters army yet for 6th edition. A mate of mine has a nice pink and purple painted army (think he stole the idea from me LOL), and has been used them in a couple games. He is doing well, especially with his Exorcists.

My Army when I get around to finishing it, (about 5,000 pts) is a Slaanesh corrupted Sisters army Pink and Purple and bone/white colour scheme. I got the idea from a GW comic where a whole convent turned to Slaanesh.

I am currently using a Nurgle CSM led by Typhus with Epedemius + Nurgle Daemon allies Spam List.

With Forge World releasing the new Avenger Strike Fighter, which is supposed to have the full rules for it in the new Imperial Armour Aeronautica. the Sister of Battle Codex can now get Fliers. In the blurb under the description for the Avenger Strike Fighter, it says it is often specifically requested by the Adeptus Sororitus should they require close support.

Providing that your store, and the local comps allow you to use Forge World, then you now get level the playing field against other armies who use fliers.

thecactusman17
07-18-2012, 04:59 PM

It's only -1 on a 1-3. On a 4+, it's actually +1 because now penetrating hits skip straight over Wrecked and to Explodes. So your AP1 gun is actually a lot better if it connects.

Tynskel
07-18-2012, 05:03 PM

I disagree. The fact that there are hull points means that meaningful damage occurs, always.

Iyandagar
07-18-2012, 05:13 PM
I checked FWs latest download list ref to hull points on their kits and under SoB there is only the Repressor mentioned...