PDA

View Full Version : What can a Catacomb Command Barge Take?

uglytater
07-14-2012, 12:15 AM
In the back of my Necron Codex some Independent Character HQ's have a listing saying they can go on a CCB, some don't. On the CCB page it says that it can transport 1 independent character. Obyron is not an IC that says he can be on the CCB, so does that mean he can't?

I'm curious to see if I should be using my Barge as a Command Barge rather than an Annihilation Barge, so I'd like to try it with its best chance of doing well. I realise that if it can take any IC then a C'Tan Shard on an Anhi Barge would be boss, but I have to wonder why the CCB page says 1 independent character rather than a select group of characters, and why Obyron isn't on the list.

Thanks for any input you can give me, thanks more for sarcasm (that wasn't sarcastic, I enjoy sarcasm in its intended medium, forums).

UT

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
07-14-2012, 02:17 AM
Any Independent Character Necron can be transported in it, even though it can only be bought as a Ded. Transport for some of them.

Since it's a Ded. Transport, a Necron I.C. who didn't purchase it may not begin the game in the Barge.

Jenn
07-14-2012, 05:41 AM
The Rev hit the nail on the head with his response. As towards the rest of your post:

Since C'tan shards are monstrous creature they can never (ever) embark on any transport.

As to whether you should be using your barge as a command barge instead of an annihilation barge, I would say no but there are those out there who will disagree with me, I honestly haven't gotten much playtesting in with Command barges but I have 10 6th edition games under my belt bringing 2-4 annihilation and I have been quite happy with them so far. I personally equip mine with Tesla cannons because I am always moving them at least combat speed in order to gain their jink save. Snap firing a tesla weapon hardly reduces it's effectiveness, whereas snap firing a Gauss cannon usually results in 1-2 hits a game (depending on if it survives the entire game of course). But yeah, Annihilation barges are resilient, cheap and quite mobile for a heavy weapons platform, you can even move them 12" in an emergency and still fire at ~67% capacity which is much better than the ~19-20% capacity most other vehicles are reduced to. They are also one of the best land to air weapons choices out there at the moment, which is important at the moment. Just some food for thought.

uglytater
07-14-2012, 12:43 PM
Thanks, that makes sense. If I were to deploy a CCB for Obyron to use, what Force Org spot would the CCB use?

gcsmith
07-14-2012, 12:47 PM
It would have to be bought for another lord.