PDA

View Full Version : New Space Wolves pack review

foostoofoo
09-28-2009, 07:37 AM
So I was at Games Day UK and picked myself up some new space wolves (only the 10 man wolf pack, I wish I didn't have a restriction on money but I'm afraid that I'm no Bill Gates:)). I'd love to have pics but unfortunatley I have no camera available to me.

Right lets start off with the obvious. The amount. The sheer amount of stuff you get in the box is amazing, I know you guys know this already but when you get in the box it seems even better than described. I have finished building a 10 man wolf guard squad consisting of 10 men wielding, a frost axe, a frost blade, a pair of wolf claws, a plasma gun, a powerfist and plasma pistol, a thunder hammer and storm shield, a guy with a plasma pistol and 3 guys with plain boltguns/CCW's. If I had 10 more pairs of legs and about 7 more torsos I could quite easily replicate that squad with the amount of spare parts left. Not to mention heads and various bolters, pistols and other bitz you can add to your models. That one box is enough to build an entire space wolves army by using normal marine models. Everything is beautifully detailed and looks very bling bling.

Now with the negative. As with everything there must be a negative side to the review. Well the only thing that I can say is the positioning of some of the models/parts. I think what really stood out to me were the pair of wolf claws. The postioning of them is awful, the two claws don't correspond to each other, one is quite straight and the other has a more bent shape (it's quite hard to explain but once you've got the models you'll see what I mean). A few pistols have the same problem to, some of them sort of come across the body and look quite awkward when both arms are on as it can be hard to make them correspond.

One more thing which I didn't quite understand. There is a torso that can be built on each upgrade sprue (they look more bling bling than the others, they have lots of fur on them) as we all know, marine torsos come in two halves, when glued together the torso has a dipped surface where the head would go. These two torsos however have a flat surface where the head would go and there are only a couple of heads on the sprue which then fit onto that torso, I know it's easy enough to just clip off the round part at the bottom of the other heads, but why just not make them have dipped head sockets like the rest? I'm sure GW has their reasons.

Well only a quick one.

It gets an 8.5/10 from me:)