PDA

View Full Version : Kayvaan Shrike

sangrail777
09-28-2009, 01:40 AM
Is there a rule somewhere that allows Kayvaan Shrike to allow Jump Troops to be counted as troops? Cuz I haven't seen any and I'm 'bout to call shinanigans on this dude saying there is.

Dan-e
09-28-2009, 02:52 AM
doesn't exist... wish it did... or at least would let the command squad to take jump packs... that would be nice at the least... but no there isn't a rule like what you explained...

SeattleDV8
09-28-2009, 02:54 AM
The only jump infantry that counts as troops is Blood Angels.
Shenanigans

DarkLink
09-28-2009, 09:18 AM
Anytime someone tries to pull something like that, make him show you the rule. If he can't, then shenanigans.

Culven
09-28-2009, 10:08 AM
I agree with Darklink. Anytime someone claims something that seems too good, ask them to show you the rule so that you can read it for yourself. If the rule doesn't exist, they won't be able to do so, and you can call them on it. If the rule does exist, then you can verify that they are using it correctly. In the end, you and the player will both understand the rule, which will make future games for each of you go more smoothly when/if it comes up again.

sangrail777
09-28-2009, 01:16 PM
Thx
I didn't think I had missed a rule out there like that. Think he just wanted a Blood Angel wannabe list. Well at least my Angels shoved that shenanigans in his face.

Churlton
09-28-2009, 01:19 PM
Nah,
p92 of the SM Codex: Some nice special rules for him .... but no Jump packs as troops ....

therealjohnny5
09-29-2009, 09:46 PM
in like 3rd or 4th ed Shrike could take his Ravenwing guard and they were jump packers but mad expensive...and that's an old rule. so yeah, as our game group likes to say, "show it to me in writing, i want to see it in writing."