PDA

View Full Version : ICs confering rules in 6th Ed.

PhoenixFlame
07-12-2012, 03:31 AM
So I just wanted to check that I'm reading this correctly does 6th edition really allow an IC that joins a squad to confer the benefits of rules like Stealth, Stubborn, Outflank, etc. upon units that it joins/is deployed as part of?

The magic words are (if I'm reading this correctly)
...any unit that contains at least one model with this special rule... so does this mean that every special rule containing the above apply to units containing ICs as long as any single model in the unit (IC, character, or standard) has the special rule in question?

It seems to fit with the pg 39 box regarding ICs, specifically the sub-heading Special Rules

Unless specified in the rule itself (as in the Stubborn special rule), the unit's special rules are not conferred

If my understanding is correct here that opens up some interesting options for ICs which may not have been available during 5th.

So is this accurate or did I miss something during my first pass reading the 6th ed BRB?

Cheers,
Phoenix

bfmusashi
07-12-2012, 02:11 PM
I think you're correct, but I don't see any new combinations in my current armies. Happy hunting.

PhoenixFlame
07-12-2012, 03:07 PM
I think you're correct, but I don't see any new combinations in my current armies. Happy hunting.

Thanks for the response :) I've been trying to bring my 13th Company (Space Wolves) out of retirement more or less ever since they were rendered obsolete by the new rules. Being able to use an IC to give a unit both Outflank and Stealth lends itself to the 13th Co. play style so it's a welcome change for me :)

DarkLink
07-12-2012, 04:07 PM
It's still a rule by rule basis, but there are a lot more USRs that transfer between the squad and character. Fearless is finally one of them.

PhoenixFlame
07-12-2012, 06:45 PM
It's still a rule by rule basis, but there are a lot more USRs that transfer between the squad and character. Fearless is finally one of them.

Are there any you're aware of which don't contain the "magic" ...any unit that contains at least one model with this special rule... phrase? I'd hate to overlook any possibilities both for list building on my end and for weighing what I can expect to see across the table.

thanks for the response :)