PDA

View Full Version : Tau direction?

newdigitaltau
07-11-2012, 09:58 AM
So I did notice one thing that may have some bearing not sure if anyone else noticed this. Crisis Suits still have acute senses (FAQ 6th Ed) which as it is right now has absolutely no bearing on them as they currently can not outflank (Tau codex) (minus stealthsuits) with this in mind could it be possible that the future of tau will be outflanking/deep striking masters in the next codex? Looking through the changes in the 6th edition I think there are more gems like that that can show us exactly what Tau would be heading to. Or I could be reading too much into it.

Mkvenner
07-11-2012, 10:48 AM
Well if you have an ally that has the capabilities of giving him outflank it would be useful no? I have to look at the BYB and see what Scout does again because if memory serves Outflank is now its own rule.

Cheers,
Mkvenner

metal_ead
07-11-2012, 11:12 AM
Only the units with acute senses will benifit, so allies would also need acute senses.:rolleyes:

Mkvenner
07-11-2012, 11:27 AM
I am talking about Creed giving them a benefit, not being with an IC.

DarkLink
07-11-2012, 11:59 AM
Same thing with Space Wolves. They all have acute senses, but most of them can't outflank. Don't read too much into it.

Kawauso
07-12-2012, 05:14 PM
Same thing with Space Wolves. They all have acute senses, but most of them can't outflank. Don't read too much into it.

This. Accute Senses used to be the same thing as Night Vision - that's all there is to it.

It does make things like Crisis Suits and the SW army kind of silly for having them though, now.

gcsmith
07-12-2012, 05:21 PM
Personally, Tau should be the kings of standard mobility, I mean kings. Yes bike armies should be manouvourable, but as per fluff, they are always on the move if needs be. 6th edition gave them manouv, but gave it to everyone else as well.

ragnarcissist
07-13-2012, 12:03 AM

but dude... saga of the hunter just became the best saga. pretty darn awesome!!

ragnarcissist
07-13-2012, 12:04 AM
but im still bummed my wolves cant see so good in the dark now!!!