PDA

View Full Version : Fighta Ace

Eberk
07-11-2012, 02:40 AM
In 5th edition the Dakkajet could take 'Fighta Ace' (for 10pts) and be able to shoot at Jetbikes and (Fast) Skimmers with a +1 to his BS (Flyers were Fast Skimmers back then).

Now in 6th edition that rule has not changed (I didn't see it in the FAQ) so my question is:

Do you think 'Fighta Ace' is still worth the 10pts ?? (especially now that the bonus does not include Flyers)

gcsmith
07-11-2012, 02:49 AM
Seeing as a lot of armies have jetbikes and skimmers, heck yeh

SotonShades
07-11-2012, 04:47 AM
Never, ever underestimate the cost of increased BS, especially in low BS armies. Admittedly, with skimmers and Jetbikes getting their Jink save, it is mitigated somewhat, but the best way to mitigate the jink save is to pile more shots on them. There is a limited number of guns on the Dakkajet, so increasing the BS allows you to land more hits.

I would say that, just like the Red Paint Job, this is practically a mandatory upgrade. Drop it maybe if you are desperately searching for 10 points to spend on another part of your army, or know for certain you will not be facing any skimmers or Jetbikes.

Captainparty
07-11-2012, 04:52 AM
In 5th edition the Dakkajet could take 'Fighta Ace' (for 10pts) and be able to shoot at Jetbikes and (Fast) Skimmers with a +1 to his BS (Flyers were Fast Skimmers back then).

Now in 6th edition that rule has not changed (I didn't see it in the FAQ) so my question is:

Do you think 'Fighta Ace' is still worth the 10pts ?? (especially now that the bonus does not include Flyers)

It does affect Flyers, at least thats what my rules say, I use the iPad Digital book.

eldargal
07-11-2012, 04:54 AM
Taking Fighta Ace basically doubles your chance at hitting vehicles and skimmers.

Eberk
07-11-2012, 06:29 AM
It does affect Flyers, at least thats what my rules say, I use the iPad Digital book.
Ah... so the Digital Book and FAQ tell us something differtent. Which one should we believe ?

Captainparty
07-11-2012, 06:57 AM
Ah... so the Digital Book and FAQ tell us something differtent. Which one should we believe ?

I'd go for the Digital Book, it makes more sense and it's more current

StarWarsDoug
07-11-2012, 09:52 AM
It affects flyers, skimmers, jet bikes, or flying monstrous creatures.