PDA

View Full Version : Ork Big Guns

silashand
07-10-2012, 09:57 PM
Just a quick question for anyone. Am I correct in understanding that the new 6E BRB stats for artillery where it gives the guns T7, W2, etc. supersedes the entries in all the rulebooks stating otherwise? For instance, I played vs a friend's Orks the other day and he brought the Big Guns which are according to the codex a mixed unit of infantry (grots) and vehicles (guns). With the new artillery and allocation rules it doesn't seem to make sense with the guns treated as vehicles if say a grot is the closest model and has to be removed first even though all hits are to be resolved vs the guns toughness. For instance. what would constitute a "wound" on a vehicle, glancing or penetrating hits (or both)? The best way I can see to read it is that the BRB simply replaces all gun stats from the individual codices with the one listed.

If I am completely off-base, can someone please explain how to make the artillery rules work with a mixed unit because it doesn't seem to make sense to me now that the old randomization mechanic is gone.

EnglishInquisition
07-11-2012, 12:24 AM
The big gunz are no longer vehicles.
Their unit type has changed to artillery and follow the rules layed out in the rulebook. It clarifies this in the Orks FAQ under amendments.
So, all models become T7 against shooting whilst the gun is still 'alive' and wound allocation/casualties are removed as infantry.
In assault the crew take all the wounds!
P46

Mr.Pickelz
07-11-2012, 12:27 AM
6th edition gave the Ork's codex their toughest unit yet... a Toughness 7 grot. :D

Tynskel
07-11-2012, 06:31 AM
My friend's Warboss' name is Gotsmalla. He uses the old Gazgull model.

Wolfshade
07-11-2012, 06:54 AM

Lol, that is really bad :)

silashand
07-11-2012, 10:51 AM

Awesome :)

Thanks for the replies, guys. That's what I thought, but I didn't see it in the FAQ. Will have to re-read it again.