PDA

View Full Version : fateweaver + csm

xilton
07-09-2012, 02:17 PM
Is it me but even if fateweaver can't join a CSM unit, they can still get the reroll FW gives at 6" to everyone since CSM are battle brothers?

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
07-09-2012, 02:30 PM
Fateweaver's a Monstrous Creature, he can't join any unit, even if it's Daemons. He grants the re-roll to any friendly unit within a certain distance (including CSM, since Battlebrothers count as friendly units).

xilton
07-09-2012, 02:49 PM
Sorry for the joining part. That was obvious. Thanks for the reply.

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
07-09-2012, 02:52 PM
No need to be sorry :P This game's stuffed full of small exceptions to the rules, it's normal to forget stuff. I recall having one game a few years back where neither me or my opponent could remember if it was legal for me to cast Winds of Chaos through a couple of my bolter grunts to hit his Captain :P

mathhammer
07-09-2012, 02:56 PM
Fateweaver's a Monstrous Creature, he can't join any unit, even if it's Daemons. He grants the re-roll to any friendly unit within a certain distance (including CSM, since Battlebrothers count as friendly units).

actually a Monstrous Creature can join units, there is no restriction (wasn't one in 5th either) and now (in 6th) can't be picked out.

The problem is finding Monstrous Independent Characters.

Fateweaver is a character, not an Independent Character, and that is why he can't join a squad.

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
07-09-2012, 03:00 PM
Huh, yeah, you're right. Wonder if they'll ever add one to the game (well, besides the Hive Tyrant's weird relationship with Tyrant Guard).

xilton
07-10-2012, 07:10 AM
well, seems I'm going to hit the oblitorator reroll saves list soon. lolol