PDA

View Full Version : Digital Space Marine Codex updated

RGilbert26
07-09-2012, 10:10 AM
Quick one here guys: GW have updated their digital version of the Space Marine Codex to include stuff for 6th, time to re-download.

Melon-neko
07-09-2012, 10:34 AM
This has nothing to do with the update, but I figure people who actually have the digital codex will look here and respond =)

I was wondering if the digital codex is in a format that could be printed out? It seems useful to have during a game, but I prefer reading on paper, not a computer screen ^^

Thanks!

RGilbert26
07-09-2012, 10:56 AM
If you have a printer which the iPad can connect to then perhaps you might be able to, i don't know. But if you prefer paper, better sticking to the physical copy.

flekkzo
07-09-2012, 02:07 PM
Quick one here guys: GW have updated their digital version of the Space Marine Codex to include stuff for 6th, time to re-download.

That is some amazing news! I noticed several issues with the previous version (15p jump packs for Captains, missing links, wrong gear/rules for some unit, etc) so I hope they are fixed together with all the updates for 6th. If they keep them fully updated then that is one serious argument for getting a digital version vs a paper copy. (I would only get a paper copy for my primary armies then)

JMichael
07-09-2012, 05:25 PM
Any idea if they perhaps added Flakk missiles to the Missile Launchers?

flekkzo
07-09-2012, 05:54 PM
Any idea if they perhaps added Flakk missiles to the Missile Launchers?

No flakk as far as I could see. Checked the weapon list at the end of the codex.

The jump pack for Captains are also 10p cheaper for some reason.

karlthepagan
07-09-2012, 06:11 PM
So is the digital edition the latest official printing? Also screw GW for picking iBooks and not something more portable like Amazon.

I have Android devices and a PC and a Mac. The only device you can read the electronic dexes on is an iOS device. You can read Amazon ebooks everywhere.

flekkzo
07-09-2012, 07:10 PM
So is the digital edition the latest official printing? Also screw GW for picking iBooks and not something more portable like Amazon.

I have Android devices and a PC and a Mac. The only device you can read the electronic dexes on is an iOS device. You can read Amazon ebooks everywhere.

It creates a conundrum as there are two officially publicated codexes, and only one is updated. Which one is right if they differ?

The iBook vs other formats discussion is an infected one. Bad enough that people fight over fighting with toy soldiers:) It's a matter of opinion and perspective. I for instance consider Amazon a terrible publisher with a terrible track record of bad behavior.

Putting the company wars aside, I do hope that GW can find a way to easily share their material with as many as possible. Because what matters are the toy soldiers.

Oh and the Imperial Fists are better than all other pansy chapters:p

Tynskel
07-09-2012, 07:59 PM
Bah, you didn't have your Primarch sacrifice himself to weaken 'the serpent' so the Emperor could save humanity.

Flammenwerfer13
07-09-2012, 08:32 PM
It creates a conundrum as there are two officially publicated codexes, and only one is updated. Which one is right if they differ?

The most current one, the digital one.

Though I'm 99% positive this was a screw up on their part.

LoreDraconis
07-09-2012, 09:10 PM
Any chance you can give us the wording on the Signum so that perhaps we can lay that to rest? Hopefully they clarified its use.

flekkzo
07-10-2012, 07:23 AM
Any chance you can give us the wording on the Signum so that perhaps we can lay that to rest? Hopefully they clarified its use.

The devastator signum? Don't shoot with the sarge and someone else gets BS5?

flekkzo
07-10-2012, 12:39 PM
The most current one, the digital one.

Though I'm 99% positive this was a screw up on their part.

Changing point values doesn't seem to be something often done, which leads me to believe that it's a mistake. And not the only one in the digital codex either. Editors anyone?

But oh well, I will claim that I should get a 10p price reduction on that jump packs, should pay for some melta bombs for my Sergeants :)

karlthepagan
07-10-2012, 02:30 PM
The devastator signum? Don't shoot with the sarge and someone else gets BS5?

Signum / Telion with Skyfire / Snapshot.

RGilbert26
07-10-2012, 05:25 PM
I'm not sure why people have this habbit of creating rule conflictions that do not exist. Signum and Telion rules are still the same. All they do is increase the ballistic skill of the firer, nothing is said about them giving the model Skyfire.

flekkzo
07-10-2012, 05:43 PM
I'm not sure why people have this habbit of creating rule conflictions that do not exist. Signum and Telion rules are still the same. All they do is increase the ballistic skill of the firer, nothing is said about them giving the model Skyfire.

Exactly. It's this need to find an edge instead of just reading the actual rules. There are ways to get skyfire after all.