PDA

View Full Version : Gunslingers what army?

Thiazi
07-09-2012, 08:13 AM
I want to create an army that focus heavily on gunslingers (two pistols). But i am not having much luck finding an army that can spam dual pistol models. I am guessing sisters are my best bet.

Any one have any suggestions i dont mind converting, I just need a codex that allows it.

gendoikari87
07-09-2012, 08:16 AM
Imperial guard.

wittdooley
07-09-2012, 09:08 AM
Imperial guard.

Who all in IG can? I haven't had a ton of time to look at all the changes yet.

Black Hydra
07-09-2012, 09:46 AM
CREEEEEED! can. But seriously the Vraksian Renegades are the only ones that come to mind since they have the conversion arms where you get dual SMG pistols. But you'll have to pay a pretty penny for them, including the fact that they only have one set of those among the others that aren't. Your best bet is to use orks and model them with dual pistol counts-as Shoota Boyz.

Defenestratus
07-09-2012, 09:55 AM
Blood angels can. Dual Infernus Pistol/hand flamer Sarges.

celestialatc
07-09-2012, 10:02 AM
With the Grey Knights and Coteaz you can have a Inquisitional army with plasma pistols.

I think Warrior Acolytes can replace their las-pistol and/or their chain sword for plasma pistols. Would be nice against all terminator armies.

Black Hydra
07-09-2012, 10:12 AM
Holy carp! Both Defenestratus and Thiazi live in Florida! I just wish you guys were closer. :(

Defenestratus
07-09-2012, 10:19 AM
Holy carp! Both Defenestratus and Thiazi live in Florida! I just wish you guys were closer. :(

I wish I lived in the Keys (working on it) so I might be in your "neighborhood" soon :P

Not much wargaming going on down there I bet :P

</threadhijack>

bfmusashi
07-09-2012, 10:40 AM
IG sergeants, commissars, and officers can dual wield pistols. Sadly, the penal custodian has no options. If memory serves though, the plasma pistol and bolt pistol arms only comes in the command squad sprue.

Black Hydra
07-09-2012, 10:45 AM
Well the LGS I go to is called Noobie Games and is in Miami Beach. There's only 3 regular players including myself (IG, Tau, and Necrons which I play). There's an SoB player and a sometimes Eldar player. It's a growing club but it's Miami the city of parties. And all the geeks are into Magic, Yugioh (I know right?), and less expensive games. Look at me hijacking this thread. Sorry, Thiazi, though you are free to make the trip down here on a weekend. We usually play Thursdays and Sundays though I'm available basically any day of the week. Right now is the exception as I'm away overseas until the 6th of August. :( :(

Thiazi
07-09-2012, 10:47 AM
With the Grey Knights and Coteaz you can have a Inquisitional army with plasma pistols.

I think Warrior Acolytes can replace their las-pistol and/or their chain sword for plasma pistols. Would be nice against all terminator armies.

This would be pure win if its true. Ill dig out my codex and check. If so anyone anygood sci-fi cowboy style models?

my fellow floridians VB is a **** town but close to half way between orlando and miami if you ladies ever want to schedule a game. We got a small but good crowd here.

Houghten
07-09-2012, 11:14 AM
This would be pure win if its true. Ill dig out my codex and check.
It is possible, but only for three acolytes per warband.

L192837465
07-09-2012, 11:23 AM
Sisters of Battle. Seraphim all have dual pistols, hand flamers, or meltas. They're pretty good now, to boot!

Charistoph
07-09-2012, 11:57 AM
This reminds me of a Tau "Ronin" unit specifically made to dual-wield pulse pistols. These guys were meant to be behind lines and screw with enemy Reserver Rolls.

Never did model one.

Black Hydra
07-09-2012, 12:06 PM
This reminds me of a Tau "Ronin" unit specifically made to dual-wield pulse pistols. These guys were meant to be behind lines and screw with enemy Reserver Rolls.

Never did model one.

What Tau Ronin is this? I would so model a renegade Tau force (not Chaos) with a rogue samurai theme. Yup that sounds awesome.

@Thiazi: when I get back stateside I'll talk to my group and see how the situation has changed. Things weren't looking so good with so few players, but there were a lot of potential players interested. We'll see. Till then I think going with SoB is a good idea thematically speaking but you're going to need allies as SoB are seriously lacking. They're not bad, but allying them with some IG wouldn't hurt.

Quaade
07-09-2012, 12:22 PM
Space wolves can do it, take Logan Grimnar and wolf guards as troops, buy two pistols for each wolf guard.

wittdooley
07-09-2012, 12:27 PM
Ohhh. So any model with two pistols automatically gets "Gunslinger?"

Charistoph
07-09-2012, 01:37 PM
What Tau Ronin is this? I would so model a renegade Tau force (not Chaos) with a rogue samurai theme. Yup that sounds awesome.

It was a custom unit I made up back when I was building Tau. Unfortunately, the site that had the build went through a recent revamp, so the exact data's not available for look up.

They had a basic Fire Warrior build and equipment, except for +1 I and WS (I can't remember if they had +1 BS). Their story was to work deep behind enemy lines, even deeper than Stealth Suits. They had Stealth, 2 Pulse Pistols, and a Marker Light as a base. They also had a unique Deep Strike allowing them to come in next to terrain. Also part of their Special Rules, they had to start in Reserves and they either -1 to your opponent's Reserve Roll or allowed for a Reroll and could not be Rolled for Reserve while your opponent had any Reserves.

Maybe when Second Sphere gets their archives back up, I can copy them into Homebrew Rules.

Black Hydra
07-09-2012, 02:19 PM
It was a custom unit I made up back when I was building Tau. Unfortunately, the site that had the build went through a recent revamp, so the exact data's not available for look up.

They had a basic Fire Warrior build and equipment, except for +1 I and WS (I can't remember if they had +1 BS). Their story was to work deep behind enemy lines, even deeper than Stealth Suits. They had Stealth, 2 Pulse Pistols, and a Marker Light as a base. They also had a unique Deep Strike allowing them to come in next to terrain. Also part of their Special Rules, they had to start in Reserves and they either -1 to your opponent's Reserve Roll or allowed for a Reroll and could not be Rolled for Reserve while your opponent had any Reserves.

Maybe when Second Sphere gets their archives back up, I can copy them into Homebrew Rules.

Dude, that is so cool. PM when it comes back up or when you copy them over to HB rules section. Having a veteran Tau army with actual close combat units sounds pretty awesome and your dual wielding Tau unit seems like the perfect base.

Thanks in advance.

ragnarcissist
07-09-2012, 02:52 PM
im definitely gonna model a wolfguard (or two) with dual pistols, expensive points wise but too cool!!

gendoikari87
07-09-2012, 02:54 PM
Who all in IG can? I haven't had a ton of time to look at all the changes yet.

Everyone who's a sergeant or better. Dual Plasma pistols at that. Every Squad could have a dual plasma pistolier

Edit: holy **** I might just have to do that Space wolf army.

Private Lucky
07-09-2012, 06:36 PM
I kind of like this idea but only Space Wolves seem like they could make this the main theme of the army. I thought up of a quick army list representing what you could do with a gunslinger list and honestly as a drop pod army it seems nasty but not too competitive of course (but the point is to be crazy!). Pretty much it takes advantage of preferred enemy for shooting and wounding for every squad while still being amazing at receiving a charge (19 plasma pistol shots for overwatch and 40 attacks in cc all with preferred enemy anyone?). Of course the plaslingers can't deal with armor 14 that well but thats what the suicide squads of combi meltas are for. Check out this awesome list for 2k

Logan 275pts

Wolf Priest 115pts
w/ Plasma Pistol

Wolf Priest 115pts
w/ Plasma Pistol

8 Wolf Guard 304pts
w/ 2 Plasma Pistols each, Drop Pod

9 Wolf Guard 342pts

9 Wolf Guard 342pts

5 Wolf Guard 150pts
w/ 5 Combi-meltas, Drop Pod

5 Wolf Guard 150pts
w/ 5 Combi-meltas, Drop Pod

5 Long Fangs 115pts
w/ 4 Missile Launchers

4 Long Fangs 90pts
w/ 3 Missile Launchers

You could switch out the wolf priests with rune priests as support characters for better rerolls to hit by taking the Primaris power of Divination but you give up rerolling 1's to wound for more consistent shooting for any target. Idk I would suggest a wolf priest for good psychic defense too and also for a chance for getting foreboding, misfortune, or perfect timing depending on what you need.

Sainhann
07-09-2012, 07:43 PM
Eldar can field Dual Pistol carrying Storm Guardians.

But those would be Las Pistols and we are talking Eldar Guardians.

But for 960 points you can get 120 of them.

They might look cool but they would not be all that good.

badlybuilt
07-09-2012, 09:03 PM
Sisters of Battle. Seraphim all have dual pistols, hand flamers, or meltas. They're pretty good now, to boot!

As well as Cannoness can have twin Inferno or PP, Priests and all Superiors can dual wield PP.....except Seraphim superior for some reason...Seraphim are inferno pistols as well

JxKxR
07-09-2012, 09:58 PM
If you could get a good tutorial on how to make Tau pistols (I've seen some good ones out there.) then you could make a whole army of gunslingers. I've had this idea for my Farsight army for some time now.

Stealth suits- Regular Fire warriors with with jump packs and dual pistols. They carry burst cannons that are assault 3, and if anyone ask where the third shot comes from I was planning on putting on a shoulder mounted gun, Predator style.

Fire Warriors- Dual pistols representing a pulse rifle shooting rapid fire, and the one long shot they take more aim. (Hell if you start playing them this way they're BS won't seem bad at all.)

Charistoph
07-10-2012, 01:37 AM
Dude, that is so cool. PM when it comes back up or when you copy them over to HB rules section. Having a veteran Tau army with actual close combat units sounds pretty awesome and your dual wielding Tau unit seems like the perfect base.

Thanks in advance.

Finally found them on Tau Online (wow, that was a while back) and now in Homebrew here (http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?p=216705#post216705). I also added another favorite of mine, but it's not a part of this thread.

Thiazi
07-10-2012, 06:25 AM
Ohhh. So any model with two pistols automatically gets "Gunslinger?"

yes