PDA

View Full Version : Quality or quantity

heretic marine
07-08-2012, 03:48 PM
so what is better having lots of upgrades on each squad, having more man, or does it very buy army and playing style?

Deadlift
07-08-2012, 04:17 PM
Quality for me, not only from a gaming point of view, but a lower model count in an army makes me want to spend extra time on each model.

fuzzbuket
07-08-2012, 04:18 PM
is 6th a excuse for "lol lets ask stupid questions"

gcsmith
07-08-2012, 04:43 PM

I agree.

OP this is a moot point, some armies, Ala Tau. Have very little options on their units. Sure my suits get options, but not much, especially since they can become 2x more expensive than a Terminator and be worse with those options.

heretic marine
07-08-2012, 05:23 PM

It's not a stupid question and I am curious as to how people like their army's.

Iceman
07-08-2012, 05:50 PM
It truly depends on the army. I find with my Imperial Guard that being very sparing about my upgrades and having more units works best. During WWII Stalin is quoted as saying "Quantity has a quality of its own." Of course, when I am talking about plastic soldiers, who cares how many die as long as I win.

I have a feeling that for most Space Marine armies and also Tau (especially now that you can put shield drones up front to absorb wounds) getting quality in there is more important.

Wolfshade
07-09-2012, 02:02 AM
I believe the Ork philosphy should answer this one "Boyz before toyz"

But a lot depends on the game style, sometimes I field a 700pt (ish) DC and they will monster their way through anything I charge them at, the difficulty is making sure that they are assualt every turn otherwise you are not making the most out of them.