PDA

View Full Version : Shooting at skimmers

Frankio9
07-08-2012, 09:40 AM
Hey all, i was reading the new rulebook, and under skyfire it says: ""... Fires using its own bs when Shooting at flyers, flying mc's and skimmers. This would seem to imply that units without skyfire fire in a different way at skimmers. However, i cant find anything regarding this under the vehicles- skimmers section of the rulebook. Does anyone know more of this? Thanks in advance :)

EnglishInquisition
07-08-2012, 09:57 AM
No, shoot at skimmers the same as with other vehicles.

Archon Charybdis
07-08-2012, 10:03 AM
The mention of skimmers is because a Skyfire models are all AA mounted, and can onlyl snap shoot at non-skyward enemies. Clearly though, hovering a meter or two off the ground is totally same as being a supersonic jet fighter.

Encarmine
07-08-2012, 10:55 AM
skimmers dont get their jink save, if shot by units with skyfire

JMichael
07-08-2012, 11:18 AM
skimmers dont get their jink save, if shot by units with skyfire

Where did you see that? It's not under the Skyfire rules or jink rules.

DarkLink
07-08-2012, 11:51 AM
I think he's confusing skyfire with the Hydra's rules. Hydras ignore skimmer cover saves, and have skyfire, but those are two different things.

JMichael
07-08-2012, 12:06 PM
Ahh, the Hydra. Glad? They added the no jink save from Hyrda in the FAQ (me=Eldar).
Sure hope GW will make a Hydra model now!

rle68
07-08-2012, 01:29 PM
Ahh, the Hydra. Glad? They added the no jink save from Hyrda in the FAQ (me=Eldar).
Sure hope GW will make a Hydra model now!

forgeworld does but i dont like it.. take a chimera and a aegis defense line voila hydra flak tank not the best option but still

DarkLink
07-08-2012, 02:08 PM
Yeah, the Hydra's useless if your opponent doesn't take a flyer. And since it's relatively fragile, it's a big priority target if your opponent does take one. Which means you have to take a couple, which means you're spending a lot more points to counter a unit your opponent may not have, which turns the whole exercise into a vicious cycle.