PDA

View Full Version : Primaris/Psyker Battle Squad vs. Terminators

sverigesson
07-07-2012, 02:13 PM
I'm glad to say that my Psyker Battle Squad is even better now in conjunction with a Primaris Psyker and Psychic Shriek. I love the new utility that the BRB powers give psykers against a variety of armies, and this tactic works great against most of them. However, one of my main opponents plays Deathwing, and since Psychic Shriek allows invul saves, the combo is not quite as effective versus his army. I want my list to remain a take-all-comers list, so I won't cut my psykers, but I want to know: versus all terminators, what powers would you take for the Primaris Psyker? And, would you trade the PBS powers, since weaken resolve doesn't do much against termies, or would you keep them for Soulstorm? Keep in mind that my opponent runs almost exclusively TH/SS, so there's a lot of 3+ invul saves going down.

Edit: After reading through the FAQ again, I realized the PBS can't swap powers. Still worth taking against termies? Or am I better served dropping them?

antennafarm
07-07-2012, 06:04 PM
personally, i'd keep the psychic shriek. 3+ is still 3+, and if you're going to weaken resolve them down to 2 leadership, you can still lay on a LOT of wounds - think of it as dropping a bunch of plasma shots on them. sure, they'll save 2/3 of them, but it's better than 5/6 of them.

but that's just me!

thecactusman17
07-07-2012, 07:36 PM
I would keep because a good weaken resolve before psychic shriek means that you cause instant death on any failed saves. That's a big positive. Also, it makes tank shocking the unit much easier if you need that last second objective rush.

Lemt
07-08-2012, 02:59 AM
Or get allies from Grey Knights. Inquisitor Coteaz and two units of 6 psykers in Chimeras is a 330 point detachment, and they shoot S8 AP1 pies, plus are troops so they can capture and hold objectives.

DarkLink
07-08-2012, 12:09 PM
And they fail half their psychic tests, all auto-die on perils, and probably won't hit whatever they're aiming at.

sverigesson
07-08-2012, 04:51 PM
My other thought was to take a SM librarian and take Null Zone. I know he would be a huge fire magnet, but for the couple turns he survived, he would help me beat a lot of invul saves. The downside: I'd have to take a crappy SM troop choice. Thoughts?