PDA

View Full Version : Codex: Necrons available in iBook store

TashaG
07-07-2012, 12:46 AM
Codex: Necrons was just released in the Apple iBook store. It costs $32.99 and looks like it gives the Necrons the same treatment that Codex: Space Marines recieved including 360deg views of many models

Also New
How Paint Citadel Minis: Evil Sunz Orks $5.99
How Paint Citadel Minis: Necrons $3.99
Tactica: Space Marine Heroes $7.99
Chapter Approved: Ork Bommer $5.99
Battlefield Challenge: Skullvane Manse $5.99

Tasha

Houghten
07-07-2012, 01:33 AM
Looks like the Ork Bommer book dashes any hopes that Codex: Orks will be available until its next edition.

I've got no real reason to complain, of course, since these things aren't incentive enough to buy an iPad, but I'm just saying I would have done it all-or-nothing.

Wildeybeast
07-07-2012, 04:12 AM
I'm curious to know if it has been updated to include the 6th ed FAQ's or is it just a stright scan of the real life codex?

BasicBob
07-07-2012, 08:30 AM
It's 6th Edition updated as in FAQ is in there and the army lists are from the 6th ed rule book, the rules defined when you poke them are 6 ed and so on.

As a P.S. if you bought the Space Marines digital codex before 6th ed, and you re-download it, it too will incorporate the faqs and 6th ed rules.

Corvus-Master-of-The-4th
07-08-2012, 03:42 AM
Wow... Thats pretty nifty considering :)

Wildeybeast
07-08-2012, 04:28 AM
Yeah, that is pretty impressive, would have been easier for them just to copy the exisitng one, but glad to see they are making the most of the technology.

gcsmith
07-08-2012, 07:11 AM
I still think you should get free digital with every physical but that's just me :D

Wildeybeast
07-08-2012, 08:49 AM
I'm sure everyone would agree, but it's never going to happen!

gcsmith
07-08-2012, 08:53 AM
I'm sure everyone would agree, but it's never going to happen!

I don't know, might be a way for GW to gain some more customer satisfaction, especially after the Finecast is cheaper to produce but we will increase prices, fiasco.

Wildeybeast
07-08-2012, 09:07 AM
They don't give stuff away anymore, not for a long time. Especially not stuff people will pay for. I could possibly see them doing a discounted combi-set, but even that is unlikely.

flekkzo
07-08-2012, 01:36 PM
Looks like the Ork Bommer book dashes any hopes that Codex: Orks will be available until its next edition.

I've got no real reason to complain, of course, since these things aren't incentive enough to buy an iPad, but I'm just saying I would have done it all-or-nothing.

It's more of a releasing it because the digital Ork codex won't be out until later (I'm guessing they are releasing the newer ones first).

davel
07-08-2012, 02:59 PM
i for one am short of space and fed up of dragging the large book around tourneys. And also not wanting another 40k starter box set to get the mini book
I know GW has had to tighten their rumours but can some on tell me if there is another option.

Dave l

billytwix
07-08-2012, 04:18 PM
Fully disenchanted with the GW ibooksstore. All the sweet painting articles have been removed, even if they had old paint names, i could still figure out what was what. The digital products should be free for all, or free w purchase. Either way, not interested in buying some digi version of the real thing,