PDA

View Full Version : your favorite special characters in 6th

ragnarcissist
07-06-2012, 08:04 PM
anyone elses favorite character get the the big nerf treatment like im feeling with ragnar? honestly for his points and now less than average abilities i cant see taking him in very many games.... this makes me a saaaad wolf lord :(

anyone else feel this way about your favorite or most used character? or anyones favorite get alot better?

Mr.Pickelz
07-06-2012, 10:56 PM
Ghazkull Thraka, as he can no longer Run due to changes in Slow and Purposeful. Therefore ignoring the biggest part of his special "Waagh!" This basically requires a transport for him if you want his 225 point metal butt to go anywhere. :mad:

Edit: But Wazdakka Gutsmek got better, with his ability to snipe stuff after turboboosting on his Bike of the Aporkalypse and now he's just T6. :)

TJ_DeOliveira
07-07-2012, 12:36 AM
Abaddon the Despoiler, Scourge of the Imperium, Lord of the Black Legion...

can't figure out what to do with a Terminator.

ap3 daemon weapons suck.

Wildeybeast
07-07-2012, 05:02 AM
Shrike's fleet rule isn't quite so useful now, but I'm in the camp that special characters should be fluffy without being stupidly OP, so I'm happy to see any of them get a nerf, particularly the one man army types.

Wildcard
07-07-2012, 05:07 AM
Hmm, its probably requiring some FAQin, but how does Thrakas Waaagh relly work now?

Imo waagh gives fleet, and 'an automatic 6' for the roll.

And since fleet gives you a re-roll on the charge distance..

a) do you roll only 1d6 and add thrakas waagh +6 to the result?
b) same with a, but you only get to reroll the d6?
c) old thrakas waagh has no effect?
d) something else entirely

nosferatu
07-07-2012, 09:10 AM
Hmm, its probably requiring some FAQin, but how does Thrakas Waaagh relly work now?

Imo waagh gives fleet, and 'an automatic 6' for the roll.

And since fleet gives you a re-roll on the charge distance..

a) do you roll only 1d6 and add thrakas waagh +6 to the result?
b) same with a, but you only get to reroll the d6?
c) old thrakas waagh has no effect?
d) something else entirely

This has been buggin me too. they need to clear this up

Mr.Pickelz
07-07-2012, 09:13 AM
According to the FAQ, Thraka's Waagh! gives all the units with "Waagh!" an automatic 6 "If" they run, and you can no longer assault after running. Also, Ghazkull himself can't run because he's in Mega-Armour which gives him Slow and Purposefull, so any squad he's attached to can't use his Waagh!'s greatest ability. :mad:

cobra6
07-07-2012, 10:14 AM
Mephiston is pulling up a bar stool right next to Abbadon.

Black Hydra
07-07-2012, 03:38 PM
They sort of nerfed Imotekh when they FAQ'd him so his Seize the Initiative ability can only be rolled for when he's the warlord. I don't use him as I think he's too pricey and now he has to be the warlord in order to be worth his points. He plain and simple sucks but the Night Fighting is the only thing that makes him worth it.

My favorite SC right now is Anrakyr. Damn that guy is good and even better now. A warscythe, makes a squad of your Immortals basically veterans, takes over vehicles, and a Tachyon Arrow (attach a chronometron for added efficiency) and this guy just laughs in your face as he kicks it in. He's not OP and not perfect, but I love the guy. His taking over vehicles has helped me so much.

Edit: whoops, meant seize the initiative on a 4+ ability.

Wolfshade
07-07-2012, 04:00 PM
My favourite Character is Mephiston, he has some issues with the force sword now only being AP3, but I do not think that that is too much of an issue, he really goes terminator hunting, or other Sv 2+,

I think Tycho has become much more potent, he is one of the few characters to have an ignore armour rule and strikes at I,

Denzark
07-07-2012, 05:46 PM
Kharn. Used to be I6 on the charge with a S6, hit on a 2+ power weapon. Now he still can hit Terminator armour, but only at I1 - Gorechild now being a power axe. HE USED TO BE DEATH ON LEGS TO DREADS AND TERMINATORS NOW HE ISN'T I MEAN COME ON - LOOK OUT LORD KHARNE AAARRGGGH???? FOR THE BLOOD GOD...?

Gir
07-07-2012, 06:17 PM
Corbulo became the hardest model to kill ever.

Tycho also became a beast, ignoring armour saves at I5.

Cpt Codpiece
07-07-2012, 06:27 PM
having only played one battle in 6th (from only a few in 2nd TBH) i have to say Mephiston.

killed a warboss in one hit :) then minced up a 30 strong slugger unit too :)

looking forward to trying out tycho (probably DC) and corbulo too, when i have the marines built up and painted.

badlybuilt
07-07-2012, 10:36 PM
After only one game of 6th , Saint Celestine still has to be my favourite. Despite T3 and AP3 PW now, she is still worth all her 115points. 2+/4++, 4+res roll every turn no matter what, I7 fearless, built in HF , 4+ to wound and jump infantry . There is no better beat stick that I have seen so far

Morbid
07-07-2012, 11:47 PM
Vect! His model is so damn sexy it hurts my feelings!

Seriously though, loving Trayzn still. With objectives being as prominent as ever, Cron deathstars led by him take and hold enemy objectives.

Skoby
07-08-2012, 04:29 PM
Probably lysander, with less of a threat from power weapons he's even more unstoppable and gives good buffs. I really.need to convert a model up for 6th

Khaosspacemarines
07-09-2012, 05:50 AM
Typhus, real T5! FNP against almost everything in the game, can still kill terminators and can have a crack at new psychic powers! No longer will he get murdered by some random PF.

Now all i need to do is get my hands on the model (awesome model BTW).

My favorite character is now good rules wise as well.

bfmusashi
07-09-2012, 07:42 AM
Straken and Harker both got sexy upgrades. While Straken and his squad aren't going at I4 on the charge anymore he still ignores armor and hits at S6 (7 on charge). Additionally, you can stick ablative characters in a command squad to take challenges if there's a nasty critter and Bodyguards auto look out sir.
Harker gives Stealth which now stacks with camo-cloaks. That's a 5+ cover save in the open.
The only thing they could have done to make my IG happier was give the Primaris Divination.

Black Hydra
07-09-2012, 02:33 PM
Seriously though, loving Trayzn still. With objectives being as prominent as ever, Cron deathstars led by him take and hold enemy objectives.

What do you run him with? I join him to shield and sword Lychguard along with either a res orb Lord or one of the Crypteks that give me defensive bonuses in assault. All in a nice Nightscythe.

Deadlift
07-09-2012, 05:35 PM
Gabriel Seth was always a good value hq, but now he seems to have gotten quite a bit better, not too expensive either.

Bean
07-09-2012, 08:55 PM
Draigo. He was one of the toughest (if not the toughest) beatstick characters in the game, pre-sixth, and beatstick characters got helped out significantly by the challenge rules. Similarly, Look out Sir! makes him pretty awesome in a unit of Paladins, able to suck up potentially all of the armour-punching, instant-death inflicting wounds the unit takes.

He was good and he got a little better. The army he let you bring was good, and it stayed good. I think he deserves mention as one of the top end special characters in the game. Also, he's awesome.

Guidebot
07-10-2012, 04:59 AM
Darnath Lysander.

Because he's hard as diamond coated nails and swings with a matching hammer.

Also bolter drill and bolster defenses are great.

Now in 6E, his terminator armor is more worthwhile and my sternguard can bolterdrill at 24" on the move.

To the tune of Iron man; "I... Am... Lysander! Duh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuuuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh!"

FireHazard
07-10-2012, 07:49 AM
I think Dante has become much more potent, he is one of the few characters to have an ignore armour rule and strikes at I,

OK, maybe I'm being completely blind, but I can't find anything to this effect, either in the BA Codex, BRB or the FAQ.
Can you please direct me to where I might find said rules, as they would come in very useful for me?

Also, Lemartes, on the charge. Brutal :D

Wolfshade
07-10-2012, 08:01 AM
I was having a moment, not Dante, but Tycho!

Fortunato
07-10-2012, 08:06 AM
OK, maybe I'm being completely blind, but I can't find anything to this effect, either in the BA Codex, BRB or the FAQ.
Can you please direct me to where I might find said rules, as they would come in very useful for me?

Also, Lemartes, on the charge. Brutal :D

I think the OP intended to write Tycho, not Dante.

FireHazard
07-10-2012, 08:09 AM
Ah, all becomes clear :)

I do think Dante should be somewhat meaner though, given his fluff. A more impressive model wouldn't go amiss either...

bfmusashi
07-10-2012, 08:21 AM
At least he's not left hanging like Ragnar. Poor guy's been in the same pose since Rogue Trader, perpetually wondering if he's ever going to get to use his retractable boot knives.

Havik110
07-11-2012, 12:51 PM
Tycho got a huge boost in usefulness although I think he belongs with sternguard...I guess he could come out of a LR or SR now with an assaulty unit...

i THINK they removed the line of seth not getting +1S from FC which makes him a nasty tank killer...

Lilith also keeps termy killing ability but she lost some usefulness with people swinging at the unit's WS instead of flat out attacking her...She should for the most part be able to kill anyone in a duel (not named the swarm lord or Lysander) but i think you will see more of her...

Drazhar also got a boost...he is by no means a person who can take a bunch of powerfists to the face but you can throw him into normal termies now (wouldnt do it to more than 5) and just sacrifice his retinue for anyone he doesnt kill with look out sirs...Also he can jump into Lightning claw termies now...

At least he's not left hanging like Ragnar. Poor guy's been in the same pose since Rogue Trader, perpetually wondering if he's ever going to get to use his retractable boot knives.
Dont talk about old poses around tycho...

CrimsonTurkey
07-11-2012, 01:29 PM
The new psychic powers have made the Swarmlord something to be truely feared. With four to trade in he can reliably get Iron Arm and a S9 T9 Swarmlord that still carves terminator armor is one hell of a beatstick.

Defenestratus
07-11-2012, 02:38 PM
I'm personallly liking Maugan Ra. The nerf to power weapons has really made all the PL's a bit more survivable. Thats about all though. :P

Mr Mystery
07-11-2012, 03:00 PM
Obyron. On a Command Barge. Go find an assault unit and laugh hysterically as they try and fail to bring you down (WS6, T5 and 2+ works wonders!) then go bonkers on the parry attacks, combined with your own, using the rather saucy 'Precision Strike' to wipe the floor with enemy powerfists and axes before they even get to swing.

Absolutely bad ***! Doesn't even need the Command Barge. I'm just putting him on one so he can fly over an enemy unit, slapping them up, then handbrake turn, zap them with Tesla, charge and then give them a whooping in combat. Seriously. Precious little is going to stand up to that!