PDA

View Full Version : 2000 points of stunties

Alex the Everchosen
07-06-2012, 12:25 PM
I was thinking of starting a dwarf army in the future, and wrote this army list. Points values are accurate at the moment, but I was thinking of dropping the runelord for a smith, and wasn't sure what I'd be able to get with the spare points (I don't actually own the army book, I've been borrowing my friend's, and so don't know all the dwarf rules).
Note: This army list will mainly be used in friendly games, and I will usually be battling High/Dark elves and occasionally Warriors/ Daemons.

2000 point list:

Lords – 494pts
Dwarf Lord – 270pts
Master rune of shalf blackhammer – 75pts
Master rune of gormil – 25pts
Rune of resistance – 25pts

Dwarf Runelord – 224pts
Spell eater rune – 50pts
Spell destroyer rune – 25pts
Shield – 3pts
Gormil armour - free

Heroes-0pts
None at this current point

Core- 639pts
30x Longbeards – 415pts (Full command – 25pts; Great weapons – 2pts/m)
16x Thunderers – 224pts

Special-605pts
1x cannon – 90pts
1x cannon – 125pts (Rune of Forging – 35pts)

30x Hammerers – 390pts (Command – 30pts)

Rare-260pts
Flame cannon – 140pts
Organ Gun – 120pts

Please tell me what you think :o

Thornblood
07-26-2012, 10:23 AM
I play against dwarfs a fair amount. My gaming groups ultra-anvil is a big unit of longbeards with hand weapons and shields. They have seriously taken all kjinds of punishment and withstood it.

Engineers (the upgrade- not the master ones) are practically compulsory for all your warmachines that use the artillery dice. Deadly cannon fire.

My friend takes a runelord, and steals one of my power dice and puts it in his dispel pool, which I think is very cheeky (some master rune, balance i think). were quite a heavy-on the magic gaming group so the runelord has become a must for him (and a thorn in my side).