PDA

View Full Version : Scarabs as intended?

Nimor
07-05-2012, 09:44 PM
I didn't see this posted anywhere.

Necron scarabs can no longer effect armor. It clearly states in the new rules you cannot declare a charge on a vehicle you cant at least cause a glancing hit on. Scarabs are S3 and can glance no higher then armor 9 so you cant even declare a charge on say a rhino to then lower its armor with your ability. Am i missing somthing

Lerra
07-05-2012, 09:48 PM
Their special ability counts as "at least a glancing hit" imo - in many situations the armor reduction is superior to a glancing hit. And they can still glance and punch after they do the armor reduction, so they do have the ability to glance or better in that combat.

deadmanwade
07-06-2012, 02:32 AM
Having seen a pair of scarab bases eat their way through a squadron of Russ's followed by a squadron of Basilisks in 2 turns of combat, I think that a glancing hit is what the opponent should be hoping for.

addamsfamily36
07-06-2012, 02:58 AM
I didn't see this posted anywhere.

Necron scarabs can no longer effect armor. It clearly states in the new rules you cannot declare a charge on a vehicle you cant at least cause a glancing hit on. Scarabs are S3 and can glance no higher then armor 9 so you cant even declare a charge on say a rhino to then lower its armor with your ability. Am i missing somthing

Their ability enables them to remove armour values before the strength 3 part of their attack attempts to penetrate the armour. This creates a situation where although they cannot flat out cause a glancing hit at strength 3, they still can cause one after their ability and are there for are able to charge.

UltramarineFan
07-06-2012, 03:23 AM
Because of the entropic strike rule they actually do have a chance of at least causing a glancing hit because they roll to reduce the armour value before rolling for armour penetration

alshrive
07-06-2012, 03:37 AM
if anybody tells me that i can't charge tanks with my scarabs i will pack my army up, get on my unicorn and ride away. simple as that.