PDA

View Full Version : red thirst

kappa1az
07-05-2012, 01:03 PM
OK the FAQ states under red thirst IC that have succumbed to the red thirst can join death company, and units that have also succumbed to the red thirst...I maybe miss the point, but no any of the HQ slot have the red thirst rule that I can find...am I missing something

Tim

Moros
07-05-2012, 02:42 PM
Its because when you roll for the red thirst you do it per unit... and you roll for it after deployment... it says that ever member of the squad (aka the whole unit) gets red thirst. If an IC is with that unit, they get it also.

SO, the new faq in my understanding means that if a character gets red thirst, and they leave their unit for whatever reason, they can only rejoin death co. or another thirsted unit.

Seems like a bit of useless paperwork to me, but that is the rules as I understand them... I hope somebody proves me wrong cause I don't like it

kjolnir
07-05-2012, 02:51 PM
Are there any HQ units that have the Red Thirst special rule? I don't have my Codex handy.

kappa1az
07-05-2012, 03:03 PM
Its because when you roll for the red thirst you do it per unit... and you roll for it after deployment... it says that ever member of the squad (aka the whole unit) gets red thirst. If an IC is with that unit, they get it also.

SO, the new faq in my understanding means that if a character gets red thirst, and they leave their unit for whatever reason, they can only rejoin death co. or another thirsted unit.

Seems like a bit of useless paperwork to me, but that is the rules as I understand them... I hope somebody proves me wrong cause I don't like it

If that's the case then chaplains can't join death company...Its confusing and none of the HQ choice s have the red thirst rule..

Tim

Tynskel
07-05-2012, 03:43 PM
no, that's not how the rule reads.

What the rule states is that Characters that HAVE succumbed to Red Thirst can ONLY join DC or other red thirst. It does NOT state that ONLY red thirst can join red thirst or DC.

Lerra
07-05-2012, 03:50 PM
It's a rule based on fluff and common sense. A sane squad will take orders from a sane HQ. A squad of crazies will listen to either a crazy or a sane HQ (they probably can't even tell the difference). But a squad of sane marines aren't going to follow a blood-crazed lunatic into battle.

kappa1az
07-05-2012, 04:09 PM
[T QUOTE=Lerra;215213]It's a rule based on fluff and common sense. A sane squad will take orders from a sane HQ. A squad of crazies will listen to either a crazy or a sane HQ (they probably can't even tell the difference). But a squad of sane marines aren't going to follow a blood-crazed lunatic into battle.[/QUOTE]

Your right, think I'm just reading into the FAQ more than what its intending to mean..

Tx for the replies

Tim