PDA

View Full Version : Who's got the best heels in the galaxy?

Wolf Brother Hellstrom
07-05-2012, 10:02 AM
sorry "WHEELS" Becuase of the new Allies rule i was thinking of collecting some other codex's bikers to completment my space wolf thunderwolves. So who do think is the best bikers?
White Scars?
Dark Angel Ravenwing?
Or Who else?

personally I think some badass white scar bikers with Khan would be awesome, but I want some more opinions.
I know space wolves have bikers but they suck.

Kaiserdean
07-05-2012, 11:02 AM
How about some IG Rough Riders?

The fluff matches well and no one expects guys on horseback armed with grenades "on a stick."

Otherwise, I don't think DA, SM or WSs are particularly better at bikers than SWs.

Mr.Pickelz
07-05-2012, 12:23 PM
Being that SW bikers are all WS 3 and BS 3, any of the other SM bikers would be better. Using DA goes against the Animosity that exists between the two chapters. so I'd look into some White Scar Bikers personally.;)

evilamericorp
07-05-2012, 12:49 PM
Best HEELS in the galaxy? I'd have to go with the Black Templars fangirls:

http://cosplay.paheal.net/_images/abdd56f20e824900e41d27f9bba572a7/28696%20-%20Black_Templars%20Space_Marine%20Warhammer_40K.j pg

If you're looking for the best wheels in the galaxy, I don't know why everyone is trashing the SW Swiftclaw Bikers. They have +2A on the charge and bolt pistol/ccw base, so with their hammer of wrath they're getting 5 attacks each on the charge. WS/BS 3 doesn't matter all that much. Sure most stuff will hit them on 3s, but their extra attacks and T5 is more than enough to counter that, and their bolters are twin linked, so they will still mostly hit. Throw a Wolf Priest in there to lead them and they ignore their headstrong rule, are fearless, and have preferred enemy against a unit type of your choice.

celestialatc
07-05-2012, 02:12 PM
I know you can't take them as Allies but I think the best bikers are now Nurgle Bikers. T6 bikers moving around kicking butt and taking names!

Denzark
07-05-2012, 03:17 PM
Best HEELS in the galaxy? I'd have to go with the Black Templars fangirls:

http://cosplay.paheal.net/_images/abdd56f20e824900e41d27f9bba572a7/28696%20-%20Black_Templars%20Space_Marine%20Warhammer_40K.j pg

If you're looking for the best wheels in the galaxy, I don't know why everyone is trashing the SW Swiftclaw Bikers. They have +2A on the charge and bolt pistol/ccw base, so with their hammer of wrath they're getting 5 attacks each on the charge. WS/BS 3 doesn't matter all that much. Sure most stuff will hit them on 3s, but their extra attacks and T5 is more than enough to counter that, and their bolters are twin linked, so they will still mostly hit. Throw a Wolf Priest in there to lead them and they ignore their headstrong rule, are fearless, and have preferred enemy against a unit type of your choice.

Isn't he a little short for a stormtrooper?

Even the ladyboy next to him is taller.

Oh wait he must be a Rogue Trader model, thats cool with me.

Wolf Brother Hellstrom
07-05-2012, 04:38 PM
yea sorry i meant "wheels" but that picture is epic and the blond looks just like my real estate agent hmmmmm...

Wolf Brother Hellstrom
07-05-2012, 04:43 PM
i hear ya about the swiftclaws but wouldnt whitescars be about the same(minus the priest of course) but with a better WS and all those meltas. i dont have a SM codex so im curios as to what khan brings to the table as well.

Daemondad
07-05-2012, 09:51 PM
Isn't he a little short for a stormtrooper?

Even the ladyboy next to him is taller.

Oh wait he must be a Rogue Trader model, thats cool with me.

Or those could be 9 foot tall women!

evilamericorp
07-05-2012, 10:12 PM
I know you can't take them as Allies but I think the best bikers are now Nurgle Bikers. T6 bikers moving around kicking butt and taking names!

HAH! You wish!

Nob Bikers are not only the best bikers in the game, but the best unit period.

- Throw a Warboss biker out front to make them scoring troops and take advantage of look out sir wound allocation shenanigans. 2 wounds each means you have to do 12 wounds before removing any models, which is no small feat

-According to the BRB, all Nobs are characters now. This means they can ALL make look out sir rolls to shuffle wounds around in the unit, they can ALL make and accept challenges, and they ALL get the precision strikes rule in shooting and close combat. Do you know how deadly TL dakkaguns are when half the hits from the unit can be placed like sniper shots? Say goodbye to any power fists/swords/meltas/icons/ANYTHING in the unit they're about to charge and decimate

-Just try to charge them. 33 S5 twin linked overwatch shots will put a hurt on anybody

- 4+ armor, 4+ cover all the time, 5+ invul, 5+ fnp against everything but S10 and force weapons

- now that they're T5 for reals instead of T4(5), the most reliable ways to get rid of them previously (missiles, meltas, and fists) are just like any other wound that they get multiple chances to ignore

- Bikes have huge threat ranges now that they aren't slowed by difficult terrain and charge 2D6

- OMG guys, seriously, how the hell do you deal with this short of grey knights or manticore/vindicator spam?

Wolf Brother Hellstrom
07-06-2012, 03:52 AM
i agree and cant argue with anything you said evilamericorp about Nob bikers ( I got 20 of them heehee)
Im looking for allies for space wolves specifically.

according to the allies matrix- templars, blood angels, guard and vanilla marines are SW battle brothers. so with that in mind I think that khan and his white scars bikers are my best bet.
Dont you think?
and I dont own a SM codex so what is khan all about? I know he has got a cool bike but i have know idea what it does
help a brother out?

thanks