PDA

View Full Version : Birthday Commission - Skaven Vermin Lord

The Madman
07-05-2012, 06:24 AM
Good day all,

Today is a friend’s 23rd birthday and for the occasion I have converted for him a Skaven Vermin Lord out of a plastic Daemon Prince and a few bits I got off him.

Round about last early last year we had a discussion of models we wanted to convert when we had the funds/time to do so and his choice was a vermin lord as the current one is showing its age and is rather bland in his own words. So remembering this I asked for some skaven bits off him last month and yesterday finished it to a standard which I was happy with.

The majority of the scratch-build is greenstuff with a plasic card blade for the halberd and a metal ringlet attaching the plastic bell and chain to the halberd. I took inspiration from both the classic Vermin Lord and those that had been built by others using the Daemon Prince as a base. I decided to make the cracked earth base for the lord to give the impression that he is very heavy footed. I’ll be either delivering him today or at a later date when we are able to meet up.

The Madman
07-05-2012, 06:26 AM
Three more pictures

C&C are welcome.

Wolfshade
07-05-2012, 06:35 AM
Looks really good. I can't wait to see this painted.

alshrive
07-05-2012, 07:53 AM
i think it is lovely. my only gripe with it would be that personally i am not a huge fan of the huge blade you have given it, but in principle and execution it is marvellous!

The Madman
07-05-2012, 12:09 PM
thanks for the comments gents.

@ alshrive
i did do a smaller blade on it at first however, my firend prefered to have a larger blade similar to one he showed me on the interwebs.

Kaiserdean
07-05-2012, 01:06 PM
Looks great! Any chance of seeing pics after it's painted?

The Madman
07-05-2012, 03:16 PM
sure, i'll post pics when he eventually paints it.