PDA

View Full Version : Leman Russ Lumbering Behemoth

Millenium_King
07-04-2012, 08:18 AM
A Leman Russ can fire its turret weapon (even if it's ordnance) in addition to it's other weapons it's eligible to fire. That's all well and good, but the new rulebook says that if you fire ordnance then all your other weapons must be snap shots. So does that mean that a standard Leman Russ gains zero benefit from this rule?

I would think the intent of the rule is that a stationary Leman Russ can fire its battle cannon and then all other weapons at full BS (like in 5th). However, that stupid snap shot rule seems to cancel out the Lumbering Behemoth rule and so the Russ can fire it's battle cannon, but then only fire other weapons at BS 1. And, as usual, GW fails to address this issue in the FAQ.

Am I reading this correctly?

alshrive
07-04-2012, 08:22 AM
i personally feel that the codex trumps the rulebook in this instance because it makes more sense!

Wolfshade
07-04-2012, 08:41 AM
Hello and welcome Millenium_King!

The codex rule doesn't trump the BRB as they do not conflict.
The lumbering behemoth means that the tank can move and fire ordinance and it may fire other weapons as it normally would have been able to. The change to the ordnance rule means that the normal has now changed and only allows snap shots to be taken if it is fired.
I'm not sure where the conflict is

Denzark
07-04-2012, 08:59 AM
'in addition to any weapons it would normally be able to fire' ,....... so you fire the lascannon as your primary, non-snap fired shot. You then fire the ordnance in accordance with LB.

Tynskel
07-04-2012, 09:56 AM
yeah, Denzark has got it. The Turret is fired in addition.

robrodgers46
07-04-2012, 01:21 PM
'in addition to any weapons it would normally be able to fire' ,....... so you fire the lascannon as your primary, non-snap fired shot. You then fire the ordnance in accordance with LB.

This. Otherwise the Lumbering Behemoth rule means nothing.

EnglishInquisition
07-05-2012, 05:46 PM
That's the way we've always played it and indeed continue to play it.

david5th
07-05-2012, 11:26 PM
That's the way we've always played it and indeed continue to play it.

Damn right. :)