PDA

View Full Version : FNP - Works on AP1 or 2?

kjolnir
07-03-2012, 08:38 PM
Reading the FNP special rule just now, it only says you can't take it on wounds that inflict Instant Death. Double toughness is the only one I've found specifically mentioned to inflict Instead Death. AP 1 and 2 do not, as far as I am able to tell.

So, does this mean I can take a FNP roll on AP1 / 2 unsaved wounds? It looks that way to me.

Nachodragon
07-03-2012, 08:43 PM
FNP cannot be used against wounds that cause instant Death.

Force weapons, double toughness, other random things that cause instant death...

kjolnir
07-03-2012, 08:50 PM
FNP cannot be used against wounds that cause instant Death.

Force weapons, double toughness, other random things that cause instant death...

So then FNP works on AP 1 or 2.

Nachodragon
07-03-2012, 08:54 PM
I meant to put that in my first post, yes, FNP can be used against AP1 and AP2 as they do not cause instant death.

Though... death will surely follow... but they do not intrinsically cause instant death.

herigonz
07-04-2012, 12:00 AM
I haven't gotten a rule book yet but am curious, does strength being twice the toughness cause instant death still? I ask because I had read a rumor (or well I thought a confirmation) that doubling up the toughness just caused double wounds. Like if you were T4 and got hit by S8, then you'd take 2 wounds instead of dying.

Another aside, if a squad of GK's get multiple wounds, would they need to activate Force Weapons as a squad or individually?

Cursed13
07-04-2012, 12:07 AM
Don't worry, double the strength vs toughness still causes Instant Death. That is something that has not changed.

david5th
07-04-2012, 05:29 AM
It's essentially Reanimation Protocol but done at the end of each phase and doesn't work against instant death.

Wildcard
07-04-2012, 05:35 AM
Another aside, if a squad of GK's get multiple wounds, would they need to activate Force Weapons as a squad or individually?

GK Brotherhood of psykers special rule: When first wound is caused (this mean at iniative order) make a test to activate force weapons, all attacks after that are bound to that outcome afterwards (meaning lower iniative steps)

Although, i haven't yet found how this will work in challenges, IE Hammerhand has to be cast prior to anyone hitting anything, but in which order are the weapons activated.. (i just remember that the challenge and 'normal' combats are considered being sort of different (character cannot harm anyone else at that turn, even if he slays his oppoenent, nor can he be challenged afterwards..)

pgarfunkle
07-04-2012, 06:26 AM
Yep it can now be used against AP 1 and 2 but to offset against that the standard FNP is now a 5+ not a 4+ anymore

Rolyroly
07-05-2012, 01:01 AM
The fact that power weapons and ap1 ap2 weapons don't negate fnp, blood angels with sang priests just got fully awesome, and the fact any unit within six inches gets the fnp...means mephiston now basically has a 5+ invuln because he's T6

DarkLink
07-05-2012, 01:25 AM

As mentioned, all attacks with GK Force Weapons inflict ID.

6th ed has also changed all force weapons to follow that pattern. Now, any Force Weapon inflicts ID with all of its attacks with a single psychic test.

Xenith
07-05-2012, 08:22 AM
It's essentially Reanimation Protocol but done at the end of each phase and doesn't work against instant death.

Except it's not done at the end of each phase? You may want to reread the FnP and RP rules :)

FnP is immediately after a failed armour save that didnt cause ID. RP is at the end of the phase against anything.