PDA

View Full Version : Few Clarification's Needed.

Jacob29
07-03-2012, 08:19 PM
Hi there, after reading through the rule book with a few friends of mine we simply cannot get our heads around a few things.

Firstly however is something I can't figure out;

With the Primaris Psyker he has two abilities, does this mean that I have to replace both with a random Psychic Discipline ability? or can I simply replace 1 of his abilities if I wanted to?

Secondly;

If a Leman Russ Battle Tank shot scatters from its original target and it now hits something that is behind cover or let's say impassible terrain, what cover save does it get? The Rule book explicitly states that it gets hit even if there is no line of sight, but mentions nothing about Cover Save's and even goes as far as to say that "or possibly ricochet and blast through cover" (not exact quote). It would be silly to ignore cover saves obviously, but taken literally that is what that sentence means. What cover save would be given? is it just a new line drawn from the Tank to the new Location? but again what if it is just some massive impassible wall? is that a 3+ cover save?

There was a third but can't quite remember it and will get back to you on that.

Gir
07-03-2012, 09:05 PM
Hi there, after reading through the rule book with a few friends of mine we simply cannot get our heads around a few things.

Firstly however is something I can't figure out;

With the Primaris Psyker he has two abilities, does this mean that I have to replace both with a random Psychic Discipline ability? or can I simply replace 1 of his abilities if I wanted to?

You must roll both. You can't keep a codex power.

Secondly;

If a Leman Russ Battle Tank shot scatters from its original target and it now hits something that is behind cover or let's say impassible terrain, what cover save does it get? The Rule book explicitly states that it gets hit even if there is no line of sight, but mentions nothing about Cover Save's and even goes as far as to say that "or possibly ricochet and blast through cover" (not exact quote). It would be silly to ignore cover saves obviously, but taken literally that is what that sentence means. What cover save would be given? is it just a new line drawn from the Tank to the new Location? but again what if it is just some massive impassible wall? is that a 3+ cover save?

Whatever the save would be for the type of terrain, exactly the same as 5th.

EnglishInquisition
07-05-2012, 06:01 PM
Point1 - was has been covered in the FAQ and Gir is correct.
Point 2 - I would concur with Gir in that too (the only provision I would put on that is what type of terrain the impassable terrain is- if it's a huge rocky outcrop then there is little chance of it "blasting through" but if it's a building of some sort then that becomes within the realms of possibility) I'd discuss with opponent beforehand just to be sure!