PDA

View Full Version : misprinted rulebook

BaileyBankai
07-03-2012, 01:03 PM
ive recently recieved my 6th ed rulebook, (2 days after release day, when i advanced ordered it, but i wont go into that) and ive noticed a minor misprint on a few of the miniture showcase pages where some of them have a shadow above or below them. was just wondering if anyone had the same problem.
a list of the pages it happened is:
shadow above:
277, 289, 292,
below:
281, 285, 288, 292.
its nothing major just looks really wierd and gives you a hedache if you look too long.
i will upload pics at some point but i dont know how well it will show.

Captainparty
07-03-2012, 02:17 PM
its a mis aligned print on the page, it happens, not a lot you can do about it.

Lunar Camel
07-03-2012, 09:02 PM
Yep. Mine has the same on the same pages. Its just the miniature pages and not the rule print so its not too bad.

Herzlos
07-04-2012, 01:44 AM
its a mis aligned print on the page, it happens, not a lot you can do about it.

You can take it back and see if they can get you a copy that's been printed correctly.

BaileyBankai
07-04-2012, 04:42 AM
to be honest it doesnt effect me so i probably wont return it was just interesting to see if it happened more than once.

Renegade
07-04-2012, 03:26 PM
Got no real issues with mine. One page where the writing is funny, but it isn't on a rule page or fluff, so I don't really care much. Such little hiccups could boost their worth some day ^.^

olberon
07-04-2012, 04:28 PM
check if its a frist run, if so hang on to it and sell it in 10 years for a bucket load of cash :P

Doomgrin
07-04-2012, 05:03 PM
I love all the professional editors that frequent this board.

It is so much easier to point out mistakes than to have to create the work yourself.

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
07-04-2012, 05:12 PM

It is so much easier to point out mistakes than to have to create the work yourself....yes, we can only criticize misprints in a product we bought if we have made an equal or greater product ourselves.

"The mechanic damaged my car's engine!"
"Well, have you ever fixed an engine?"
"No, but-"
"SHUT UP UNTIL YOU FIX AN ENGINE."

plawolf
07-04-2012, 05:15 PM

It is so much easier to point out mistakes than to have to create the work yourself.

This is not bashing on some fanfic someone has posted for us to enjoy for free, people paid good money, and a lot of it, for their product, if there is a problem with said product, they don't even have a right to say so? :rolleyes:

Tynskel
07-04-2012, 05:37 PM
This is not bashing on some fanfic someone has posted for us to enjoy for free, people paid good money, and a lot of it, for their product, if there is a problem with said product, they don't even have a right to say so? :rolleyes:

he's preaching to a choir that can't help him.
Sorry man, but if you want it fixed, BoLS can't help you, especially BoLS forum.

plawolf
07-04-2012, 06:28 PM
he's preaching to a choir that can't help him.
Sorry man, but if you want it fixed, BoLS can't help you, especially BoLS forum.

So what help did he ask for exactly?

He asked if anyone else had a similar misprint. I can detect no cries for help there. ;)

Tynskel
07-04-2012, 09:45 PM
So what help did he ask for exactly?

He asked if anyone else had a similar misprint. I can detect no cries for help there. ;)

That's a cry for help when you are asking if people have problems.

Herzlos
07-05-2012, 02:11 AM

I'm not a professional editor, but I've written chapters for technical manuals, and whilst they are not perfect I'd be embarrassed about some of the errors I've heard of. Proof-reading seems generally lacking these days and is pretty disappointing in such a premium publication. If the customers are spotting glaring typos, and things which spell checkers manage to detect (though the spell checkers in some professional publication tools suck), how are they getting through the proof-reading stage?