PDA

View Full Version : Damaged? Collectors Edition...what to do?

D'Natagal
07-03-2012, 12:13 PM
So I ordered my collectors and gamer's editions from my local GW store (which is closing in August..grrr), and when I open the collectors edition to check the number (2090 of 4000) I noticed a deep "bruise" on the back cover of the book itself. It looks like the book was dropped onto a pen and then dragged. It didn't actually penetrate the cover itself, but it is easy to see. Do I raise a big stink about it? Since it is limited edition and they are sold out, do I just ask for my money back?

Wildeybeast
07-03-2012, 01:12 PM
Worth asking. When FC models are broken/missing they usually let you keep the original and give you a replacement. Take into your local store asap to prove it wasn't you that did it and see what they can do. Failing that call customer services.

lobster-overlord
07-03-2012, 01:15 PM
Games Workshop is one of teh best companies for customer service when it comes to defective/broken product. Definitely take it to the store, or call their customer service line.

John M>\

gcsmith
07-03-2012, 01:25 PM
Games Workshop is one of teh best companies for customer service when it comes to defective/broken product. Definitely take it to the store, or call their customer service line.

John M>\

Unless you've known a manager I have.

But I agree on the whole they are amazing.

heretic marine
07-03-2012, 06:14 PM
I was missing an arm for the Warboss in the Assault on black reach set, and they sent me a new set and an arm. so I bet they will replace the book

The AKH
07-03-2012, 07:21 PM
I don't know if they'll have a replacement to give you, but you might get some nice compensatory swag. Definitely give customer service a ring.

Brandoncbaker
07-04-2012, 10:34 AM
Agreed ..what's to lose?

Xenith
07-04-2012, 10:38 AM
The most likely case is that they ask you to send them back the damaged edition, and they will send you a new one if they have stock. If they are out of stock...then who knows...

JMichael
07-05-2012, 11:51 AM
Definately call them. My dreadfleet rulebook fell apart within a day (also limited run, though different that the collectors edition), and they specifically said they make extras 'just in case' and sent me out a new rulebook.

Might be different with the collectors, but certainly won't hurt to try.
I still haven't received mine (ordered 20min after they went on sale on gw.com :(