PDA

View Full Version : Nemesis Daemonhammer

SacredChao
07-02-2012, 11:32 PM
So, I have a question that affects many a Grey Knight. The Nemesis Daemonhammer, what AP is it?

So a Thunderhammer is AP2, fine. But is the Daemonhammer? Right now, I think not, unless they update the FAQs.

Under the FAQ it says that unless otherwise stated, ALL Nemesis Weapons are Unusual Force Weapons, which are AP3. The FAQ does not specify any of the Nemesis weapons. However, I am not entirely clear on the exact wording of the Daemonhammer in the GK codex, so maybe there's some rules lawyering in there that fixes that.

So do Grey Knights get the trade off that because their Terminators are so awesome they themselves cannot kill them?

Bean
07-02-2012, 11:49 PM
So, I have a question that affects many a Grey Knight. The Nemesis Daemonhammer, what AP is it?

So a Thunderhammer is AP2, fine. But is the Daemonhammer? Right now, I think not, unless they update the FAQs.

Under the FAQ it says that unless otherwise stated, ALL Nemesis Weapons are Unusual Force Weapons, which are AP3. The FAQ does not specify any of the Nemesis weapons. However, I am not entirely clear on the exact wording of the Daemonhammer in the GK codex, so maybe there's some rules lawyering in there that fixes that.

So do Grey Knights get the trade off that because their Terminators are so awesome they themselves cannot kill them?

The Grey Knights Codex says, "A Nemesis Daemon Hammer uses the rules for thunder hammers (see the Warhammer 40,000 rulebook)."

I guess I'm not sure on the exact wording of the FAQ, but that seems pretty straightforward, to me.

So, it's a AP:3 melee weapon with the Nemesis-specific force weapon rule, daemonbane, and all the rules for Thunderhammers--which would include AP:2. So, it's both AP:3 and AP"2, I guess.

I think I'll use the AP:2 instead of the AP:3, generally.

DarkLink
07-02-2012, 11:49 PM
It's an unusual weapon, so it follows its own rules. Its own rules are "it's a thunderhammer". Thunderhammers are AP2. Since it has a special rule that grants it AP2, that superseded the general AP3 rule.

Slacker
07-03-2012, 11:51 PM
The rules for Unusual force weapons is a BRB rule. The GK Codex states it uses the rules for a Thunderhammer (AP2.) Codex rules supersede BRB rules. I would argue that it is AP2.