PDA

View Full Version : It really is a Dark Future - Night Fighting in 6th

dylanbright
07-02-2012, 11:04 PM
My small isolated 40K group is debating house-ruling the occurrence of night fighting in the standard missions. It just seems like a heck of a lot of night fighting. As we read it, most games will be in "night fighting" by turn two. Do all the battles in the 40K universe happen just after dinner now?

If you don't have your book yet, in all of the standard missions game turn one is night fighting on a 4+ and you roll for it every game turn (on a 4+) until it happens, then it is night for the rest of the game.

I'm curious what everyone thinks about this.

Dalleron
07-03-2012, 12:00 AM
i noticed that today, playing a couple games. To me, it is just weird that every mission is night fighting. Sure it may not actually happen, but it's possible that it can. Too much for me I think.

DarkLink
07-03-2012, 12:16 AM
You might want to reread the rules.

Nightfighting is either 1st or 5th, 6th or 7th turn. You can't get it turns 2, 3, or 4.

Turn 1, it's nightfight on a 4+, for Turn 1 only.

If it wasn't nightfight turn 1, then you roll again turn 5, 6, and 7. If any come up as a 4+, then it's nightfight for the last few turns of the game.

So it's either Dusk, Mid-day, or Dawn, depending on your rolls. Nightfight actually matters now, and that's a good thing.

Though, frankly, they should have just made you roll a D3 during setup to decide if it's dusk, dawn or daytime.

dylanbright
07-03-2012, 12:24 AM
You might want to reread the rules.

Nightfighting is either 1st or 5th, 6th or 7th turn. You can't get it turns 2, 3, or 4.

Turn 1, it's nightfight on a 4+, for Turn 1 only.

If it wasn't nightfight turn 1, then you roll again turn 5, 6, and 7. If any come up as a 4+, then it's nightfight for the last few turns of the game.

So it's either Dusk, Mid-day, or Dawn, depending on your rolls. Nightfight actually matters now, and that's a good thing.

Though, frankly, they should have just made you roll a D3 during setup to decide if it's dusk, dawn or daytime.

Thanks. Completely misread it.