PDA

View Full Version : BA libby dread

kappa1az
07-02-2012, 11:12 AM
Anyone seen how psychic powers work for them, ie iron hand power? Would that be d3 pts of armour all around Max 14.

Tim

kappa1az
07-02-2012, 01:44 PM
Guess I stumped everyone with this one

Regnir
07-02-2012, 02:35 PM
I don't think you stumped anyone. Dreadnaughts do not have a Toughness value, so they would only gain Strength from Iron Arm, up to a max of 10. THey would gain no armor value, because Iron Arm does not modify armor value.

Cursed13
07-02-2012, 02:36 PM
Do you mean the Iron Arm psychic power in the new rulebook? Cuz if you do, Blood Angel Librarian Dreadnoughts don't get to use those powers, they only get to take the codex powers.

Cursed13
07-02-2012, 02:48 PM
I suppose I should clarify, as according to the new FAQ, "A Blood Angels Librarian (including Mephiston) may use the psychic disciplines found in the Warhammer 40,000 rulebook, instead of those in Codex: Blood Angels."
A Librarian, not Librarian Dreadnought. If that's not enough, if you have purchased the Psychic Card pack that was released, the little "How To Use This" pamphlet that was included with the cards specifically states that Librarian Dreadnoughts cannot use these powers. Sucks, I know.

kappa1az
07-02-2012, 02:52 PM
Hmmm I don't know u maybe right, but he is a librarian just in a dreadnaught body... I saw where they talking about powers, just not seeing where is says Libby dreads can't take them

Cursed13
07-02-2012, 02:54 PM
No, I am right. They may be a Librarian interred in a dreadnought, but they no longer use the Librarian unit profile. They now use the Librarian Dreadnought profile. Fluff wise, they should be able to use them. Rules wise, they cannot use them as determined by the game designers to prevent some conflict of rules.

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
07-02-2012, 02:57 PM
If it's called "Librarian" or "Mephiston", it can use them. You're talking about a "Furioso Librarian".

kappa1az
07-02-2012, 02:58 PM
Oh well taking shield maybe better for him anyway...but it could be a GW over site and will get FAQ later.

Tim

Cursed13
07-02-2012, 02:59 PM
As I posted earlier, if you want to see where it says they can't take it, you have to look at the pamphlet in the Psychic Cards pack. Either buy one or look at the one someone else has. It will say so there.

It's not an oversight by GW, it was done intentionally. They will most likely not change it.

kappa1az
07-02-2012, 03:07 PM
I've got the cards and read the how to use them, it says librarian ( including mephiston) nothing about furiso so I get it, don't like it, but oh well I'll still bring mine with shield...

And thanks for the replies.

Tim