PDA

View Full Version : Games Day Space Marine

wittdooley
07-02-2012, 09:52 AM
Hey All!

So I won't be going to Games Day this year because of some other obligations, and wanted to reach out to the community to see if anyone that IS going would be willing to pick me up one of the Space Marine GD models. Based on my past experiences, the folks in line will usually let you pick up two or so (or at least they did last year) and would be more than willing to pay the model price + shipping for one.

I know I'll be able to find them on eBay for about $45 later (because cost of GD ticket + model cost = $45) but figured I'd reach out here first in case any of you were willing A) because you're a rock star, or B) are a Xenos/Chaos player and have no use for the dogs of the corpse emperor.

I'd be willing to trade stuff as well, so if you're willing and you'd prefer a trade, I'd totally trade you more than the model is worth. At this time I'm looking to get rid of about 120 Cadian guardsmen so I could skirt some of those in a trade. I also have some Dust Warfare Germans and a bunch of other things that I can't immediately think of. But just ask if that interests you.

So, if any of you are game, shoot me a PM. Thanks!

Dooley

Cpt Codpiece
07-02-2012, 11:32 AM
Not wanting to be on the band wagon or hijack the thread.

but i too would be willing to pay someone to grab a one for me.

i was gonna go to GD and get one for myself........ but my wife is due our 1st child around the exact date of GD :( and :) hence me not being able to go.

Psychosplodge
07-03-2012, 04:53 AM
She doesn't really need your help to spawn, you did your part nine months before then...

orkward2.0
07-03-2012, 05:17 AM
Best post ever!!

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-03-2012, 05:18 AM
Unfortunately Witt, you're American, otherwise I would've tried to sort it for you.

That wasn't a racist remark, it's just practicality.

Herzlos
07-03-2012, 06:41 AM
What he said. I'll be going to the UK one and happy to collect a spare to pass on for costs, rather than having folk forking out huge markups to get it from eBay the day after.

Deadlift
07-03-2012, 09:28 AM
Sorry Sean me old matey, I won't be able to help you out this year, I won't be going as I have other plans for those dates this year. To be honest the farce that was the trade stands last year has put me off GDs for life. 280 lbs of standing around isn't fun for me :)

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-03-2012, 09:30 AM
But Deadlift, this year it's on my birthday. :(

eldargal
07-03-2012, 09:34 AM
This is true. My mother says husbands are the single most useless thing in the world at a childbirth. When I was born my father was at his club having luncheon with two of his best friends. Mother said if he showed his face at the hospital she would break his arms.

She doesn't really need your help to spawn, you did your part nine months before then...

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-03-2012, 09:36 AM
this is true. My mother says husbands are the single most useless thing in the world at a childbirth. When i was born my father was at his club having luncheon with two of his best friends. Mother said if he showed his face at the hospital she would break his arms.

o_o welp.

Psychosplodge
07-03-2012, 09:38 AM

This is true. My mother says husbands are the single most useless thing in the world at a childbirth. When I was born my father was at his club having luncheon with two of his best friends. Mother said if he showed his face at the hospital she would break his arms.

I'm nothing if not practical...

Cpt Codpiece
07-03-2012, 09:59 AM
While i would normally agree that men/fathers have no place at the birth.....

things are a little more complex.... not to mention the threat of castration if i am not there LOL

i am the youngest of 4 and my dad was out getting ........ enibriated........ at the time of all of our births :) oh how times change in 32 years

Deadlift
07-03-2012, 10:49 AM

Not strictly true, my mrs was in labour (induced) for 3 days which ended in an emergency c-section. I was there the whole time, operating room, the full works.

Number 2 was elective c, so not so much of a marathon birth but again I was there for. the whole time.

Thankfully the only complications were finding a gown big enough for me :).

Useless ? I think not :)

eldargal
07-03-2012, 10:52 AM
Well obviously there are situations where they should be there, when things don't go to plan. It's not just my mother saying they are useless though, one of her friends married an obstetrician and he says husbands are a real pain in the bum being thre. He hospital would ban them if it could. He also said the husbands are useless often the wives will send them away, or will sometimes injure their husbands. It's all very amusing listening to him complain about fathers at births.:rolleyes: Once or twice a year he has to call security to have fathers removed because they are interfering in him doing his job.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-03-2012, 11:31 AM
And my Dad abandoned me when I was 13, no reason given, this has made me determined to be there EVERY second for my kid(s).

Deadlift
07-03-2012, 12:49 PM
And my Dad abandoned me when I was 13, no reason given, this has made me determined to be there EVERY second for my kid(s).

Hug

Wildeybeast
07-03-2012, 01:26 PM
There you go Witt, your simple thread about getting a single space marine as turned into an existential deabte on the usefuleness of the male gender. Who'd have thought it? And Wolfshade hasn't even been on this thread. :D At the risk of getting back to the OP, I'm still considering whether to go, if I do I'll hook you up with a model since I'd need to convert him to get into my Raven Guard, but you may want to rely on someone a bit more decisive.

wittdooley
07-03-2012, 01:59 PM
There you go Witt, your simple thread about getting a single space marine as turned into an existential deabte on the usefuleness of the male gender. Who'd have thought it? And Wolfshade hasn't even been on this thread. :D At the risk of getting back to the OP, I'm still considering whether to go, if I do I'll hook you up with a model since I'd need to convert him to get into my Raven Guard, but you may want to rely on someone a bit more decisive.

Haha, I know right? At least its the usual suspects doing it. I can appreciate that.

As for the Muhreeen. I'll take it as a definitely maybe. If so, that's great, If not, that's fine too. I figure if I wait 6 months or so after I'll be able to pick it up for around $25 anyways, since they're not as "rare" as they used to be.

I may have some Raven Guard bolters lying around, FYI.... :D

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-04-2012, 01:00 AM
I *could* have helped with the Space Marine... I just have no idea how I'd get it to you.

And my comments were relevent up until my last.

Deadlift
07-04-2012, 01:07 AM
I *could* have helped with the Space Marine... I just have no idea how I'd get it to you.

And my comments were relevent up until my last.

I posted Witt some books from GW last year, got there no problem :)

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-04-2012, 01:13 AM
If I can buy 3 then I'll sort something out for you Witt, but I have already oathed to buying Wolfshade one, and obviously I want one to turn into a Storm Warden.

So if I can buy three then I'll sort something out for you.

Psychosplodge
07-04-2012, 01:22 AM
While i would normally agree that men/fathers have no place at the birth.....

things are a little more complex.... not to mention the threat of castration if i am not there LOL

i am the youngest of 4 and my dad was out getting ........ enibriated........ at the time of all of our births oh how times change in 32 years

The threat of castration will probably occur either way, just one of them will involve you being within reach...:rolleyes:

Not strictly true, my mrs was in labour (induced) for 3 days which ended in an emergency c-section. I was there the whole time, operating room, the full works.

Number 2 was elective c, so not so much of a marathon birth but again I was there for. the whole time.

Thankfully the only complications were finding a gown big enough for me .

Useless ? I think not :)

There's exceptions to every rule, but I never realised hospitals were that understaffed :eek:
but seriously at least it sounded like it ended ok?

Herzlos
07-04-2012, 01:48 AM
Sorry Sean me old matey, I won't be able to help you out this year, I won't be going as I have other plans for those dates this year. To be honest the farce that was the trade stands last year has put me off GDs for life. 280 lbs of standing around isn't fun for me :)

What happened with the trade stands last year? This year will be my first.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-04-2012, 01:52 AM
What happened with the trade stands last year? This year will be my first.

MASSIVE QUEUES.
Seriously, people were stood around all day trying to get into the area, fortunately they've hugely increased the size of the sales area, it's an entire hall again. Hopefully this should make it much better.