PDA

View Full Version : The little changes.

Mr Mystery
07-02-2012, 09:11 AM
How do.

It's another 6th Ed thread! Yay! This time, it's about those little changes many might have missed or otherwise overlooked.

I'll kick off with Dangerous Terrain tests. Yep, you get your save now! Opens up new opportunities, no? Jump Infantry benefit considerably, as you can now pelt it into squads in cover!

Next sneaky one? Slow and Purposeful doesn't affect movement, the trade off being instead no Overwatch.

Your turn now!

DrLove42
07-02-2012, 09:16 AM
Weapon Destroyeds on vehicles are no longer decided by attacking player, and are instead random

And you can't assault a vehicle you can't damage. So no more throwing blobs of orks at a Dreadnought to slow it down (unless theres still a power klaw in there)

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-02-2012, 09:18 AM
Weapon Destroyeds on vehicles are no longer decided by attacking player, and are instead random

And you can't assault a vehicle you can't damage. So no more throwing blobs of orks at a Dreadnought to slow it down (unless theres still a power klaw in there)

I did not know either of those!

Reserves are always on 3+ (unless it can be better)

gcsmith
07-02-2012, 09:21 AM
Defensive grenades give stealth to you if the people shooting you are within 8"

Mr Mystery
07-02-2012, 09:23 AM

Useful for Tau! And this is in addition to forcing a disordered charge!

Thanatos_elNyx
07-02-2012, 09:24 AM
Assaulting through Difficult Terrain reduces your I to 1 even if you ignore the movement penalties.

Slow and Purposeful doesn't affect movement, the trade off being instead no Overwatch

And no run. But yeah not getting Overwatch makes my 1ksons and Oblits sad :(
And Relentless on 1ksons doesn't do anything positive (yay we can assault after shooting!) :p

gcsmith
07-02-2012, 09:39 AM
Im glad Broadsides can get slow and purposeful and still overwatch :D

DrLove42
07-02-2012, 10:06 AM
Also weapons with "Skyfire" rule can only use their BS against aircraft. They count as BS1 (snapshots) for shooting anything else unless they have intercept rules

So according to the Guard FAQ, Hydra's need 6's to hit anything that isn'ta flier.....

Emerald Rose Widow
07-02-2012, 10:23 AM
Fearless models that lose combat no longer have to take armour saves and lose more guys, as a nid this makes me all super happy, just awesome.

Aervyper
07-02-2012, 10:24 AM
is it just me or are a lot of blitz boxes going to be getting a workout with people ripping off power fists en-masse. I foresee a lot of bolt pistol / power fist being changed to plasma pistol / power sword or chainsword. My two cents.
TTFN

Kawauso
07-02-2012, 10:26 AM
is it just me or are a lot of blitz boxes going to be getting a workout with people ripping off power fists en-masse. I foresee a lot of bolt pistol / power fist being changed to plasma pistol / power sword or chainsword. My two cents.
TTFN

Why, exactly?

Power fists still offer the same thing they offered before - slow attacks that pulverize infantry and have a decent chance of hurting vehicles, MCs and characters.

Chris Copeland
07-02-2012, 10:28 AM
Gunslinger! Pistols can be dual wielded! Also, Force Orgs double at 2000 points... lots more room for Elites at that point level now (which is good for my bug army).

Kawauso
07-02-2012, 10:39 AM
Gunslinger! Pistols can be dual wielded! Also, Force Orgs double at 2000 points... lots more room for Elites at that point level now (which is good for my bug army).

I don't have my book yet, but isn't it "once you have 2000 points", meaning -beyond- 2k is when you can double-up?

Melon-neko
07-02-2012, 11:20 AM
You can throw grenades through the fire ports into bunkers and on top of the bunkers (which is two different areas)

People on top of bunkers can be shot at.

You can jump off ruins instead of making the difficult terrain roll. You can also jump off buildings

charging through difficult terrain reduces your Initiative to 1 even if they unit is already engaged (as far as I can tell)

fearless models can't go to ground

instant death is determined after modifiers to toughness

DarkLink
07-02-2012, 01:29 PM
I don't have my book yet, but isn't it "once you have 2000 points", meaning -beyond- 2k is when you can double-up?

If you have 2000pts, then you have 2000pts, and thus those 2000pts can be split between 2 FOCs.

Kawauso
07-02-2012, 02:48 PM
If you have 2000pts, then you have 2000pts, and thus those 2000pts can be split between 2 FOCs.

Does the second FoC come with a mandatory 1 HQ and 2 Troops?

Melon-neko
07-02-2012, 03:17 PM
Does the second FoC come with a mandatory 1 HQ and 2 Troops?

yes

DarkLink
07-02-2012, 03:36 PM
It also lets you take a second allied detachment.

Kawauso
07-02-2012, 03:45 PM
It also lets you take a second allied detachment.

That's a looot of points for not all that much combat ability, all things considered. I mean I know there are some good troop/HQ choices out there, but if you think about it at 2000 points...

2 HQ, 4 Troops from the main army
1 HQ, 1 Troop from each allied detachment

That's a boatload of points.

I bet some interesting things could be done with that, though.

Lerra
07-02-2012, 03:50 PM
Assaulting through Difficult Terrain reduces your I to 1 even if you ignore the movement penalties.

Eww. That seems . . . unintentional. I hope that gets FAQ'd because it seems silly to be reduced to I1 if you ignore terrain.

Other little things: If part of a squad is in area terrain and part of it is outside, the models outside terrain can move without rolling for Difficult Terrain.

A template will get more hits on a single model while using Overwatch then it will with normal shooting (d3 hits vs. 1).

You can throw one grenade per squad, not per model. Melta bombs can't be thrown, but they can be used against Monstrous Creatures now.

isotope99
07-02-2012, 03:58 PM
Focussed fire is going to be big for forcing morale checks on units that have strung out 25% or more out of cover, no more 50% and all get saves.

Also going to be good for shooting people off objectives if the objective is not in cover (focus fire on the Fs claiming the objective), makes objective placement even more important:

Obj F
F F

C C C
C

david5th
07-03-2012, 10:33 AM
GETS HOT USR now affects Vehicles - on a roll of a 1 to hit they suffer a glancing hit on a further roll of a 1,2 or 3.
My leman Russ Executioner is not happy.:(

eldargal
07-03-2012, 10:36 AM
Yay! Finally IoM plasma vehicles aren't so superior to Eldar starcannon.

isotope99
07-03-2012, 11:52 AM
GETS HOT USR now affects Vehicles - on a roll of a 1 to hit they suffer a glancing hit on a further roll of a 1,2 or 3.
My leman Russ Executioner is not happy.:(

Give it multi meltas instead, the main cannon doesn't have rule.

Yawarakaimatsuka
07-03-2012, 11:55 AM

Finally! Thank you.

BlueRonin
07-03-2012, 10:22 PM
'Fleet' no longer lets you assault after running - if you run, you cannot assault. However, it lets you re-roll one or more dice for either running or determining charge range.

'Move through cover' has no effect when charging through cover, i.e. when rolling to determine charge range through cover.

BlueRonin
07-03-2012, 10:27 PM
If you cause wounds from, say, 3 plasma guns and 6 lasguns; you can choose to either allocate all the plasma wounds first, or all the las wounds. They can't be mixed, however (i.e. 2 plasma, 3 las, 1 plasma and the remaining 3 las for instance).

daboarder
07-03-2012, 11:59 PM
Look out sir,

Occurs when wounds are allocated, in the case on an character with the same save as the unit this is after roles (but before FNP) However if the character has a different save to the unit it occurs before.

Mr Mystery
07-04-2012, 12:20 AM
Jump Packs are once per turn. Either movement (12", moving over intervening terrain) or Assault phase, granting Hammer Time, and a re-roll on the distance.

DarkLink
07-04-2012, 12:35 AM
Movement is on a model by model basis, so moving a sergeant doesn't mean your Devestators have to snap fire.

Mr Mystery
07-04-2012, 12:53 AM
Movement is on a model by model basis, so moving a sergeant doesn't mean your Devestators have to snap fire.

I missed that! Nifty!

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-04-2012, 01:09 AM
I didn't see that either! Interesting.

Mr Mystery
07-04-2012, 03:10 AM
I wonder if that extends to launching assaults? I'm guessing not, but worth checking.

The AKH
07-04-2012, 03:44 AM
TTFN

The extra speed from a power sword is considerably less attractive now that they're AP3. Whereas the powerfist is still double S and AP2 - not much has changed.

And powerfist/bolt pistol became useless when 5th edition came out, because of the changes to extra close combat weapons... and as far as I know that hasn't changed either.

Wildcard
07-04-2012, 05:19 AM
Yeah, the carrot to go for power axes is:

- +1S , ap2, can get +1A from having 2x ccw (althgough drawback is that iniative 1)

Personally i see a nifty combo for those units that can get 2x power weapons to be fitted like this:

- Power Spear: +1S, ap3 on the charge, gets +1A from 2x ccw, at the models own iniative value
-Power Axe: +1S, ap2, used after the first charge, still get +1A from 2x ccw. (still at I1 tho)

Wolfshade
07-04-2012, 05:25 AM
I'm not sure it is that much of a nerf, power swords were primarily used against Sv3+ or worse so for the majority of armour you go up against it is an improvement.
It does help Mephiston become much more resliant though...

Wildcard
07-04-2012, 07:37 AM
Mephiston, crowe, basically all that have artificer armor, + terminators / meganobs etc actually..

I am waiting to give a try to fielding all sv2+ army to see how it goes :)

Mr Mystery
07-04-2012, 09:39 AM
Mephiston, crowe, basically all that have artificer armor, + terminators / meganobs etc actually..

I am waiting to give a try to fielding all sv2+ army to see how it goes :)

I'm going to be experimenting with Sempiternal Weave only. Given the now increased rarity of AP2, the cost of a phase shifter seems a little high. Especially on single wound Lords. O

BrotherErekose
07-04-2012, 01:21 PM

The rule I'm reading on page 27 says, "Our Weapons are useless" and it doesn't prevent doing this. Just having the option of bailing out of the combat on a failed Morale Check.

Dr.L, are you citing another rule?
:)

BrotherErekose
07-04-2012, 01:31 PM
A template will get more hits on a single model while using Overwatch then it will with normal shooting (d3 hits vs. 1).Where's this? :)

Templates cannot "Snap Shot" (page 13) and therefore can't be used in OverWatch (page 21). I think you're looking at a grenade rule ... page 94?

Defenestratus
07-04-2012, 01:59 PM
You can't ram while moving flat out. The days of kamikaze Eldar tanks are over.

Brandoncbaker
07-04-2012, 02:05 PM
Where's this? :)

Templates cannot "Snap Shot" (page 13) and therefore can't be used in OverWatch (page 21). I think you're looking at a grenade rule ... page 94?

Flamers can use overwatch.thus the D3 hits

The AKH
07-04-2012, 02:13 PM
Flamers can use overwatch.thus the D3 hits

The rule is called "Wall of Death".

Also, you don't need a 6 to hit a walker with a grenade any more - BUT melta bombs are Unwieldy, so if you're using one you attack at I1. This makes krak grenades a little more useful.

Wildcard
07-04-2012, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post

The rule I'm reading on page 27 says, "Our Weapons are useless" and it doesn't prevent doing this. Just having the option of bailing out of the combat on a failed Morale Check.

You know it is not unheard of that a dreadnought would assault a squad that cannot harm it :)

So, ye, two different rules, one to make it possible to get away from the fight you cant win, and other to deny you the possibility to tarpit units you just cannot harm..

david5th
07-05-2012, 12:00 AM
Troops in Vehicles cannot control or deny an objective and Vehicle's cannot deny an objective.

The AKH
07-05-2012, 01:06 AM
Troops in Vehicles cannot control or deny an objective and Vehicle's cannot deny an objective.

Yeah, that's a big one... GW has officially taken away our 'metal bawkses'.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-05-2012, 01:17 AM
Damn! Firaeveus Carron got to them!

DrLove42
07-05-2012, 01:48 AM

:)

Yeah different rule. Page 76, charging a vehicle.

"a unit cannot charge a vehicle they cannot hurt - it must have some possibility of causing a glancing hit"

BrotherErekose
07-05-2012, 11:11 AM
The rule is called "Wall of Death".
Ah, page 52. Thanks.

xilton
07-05-2012, 11:34 AM
I did not know either of those!

Not sure on this one. I read random (random being a word to replace the 75 types of weaons possible to lose instead of mentioning all of them) as being like it was and not the dices decide. If it was a REAL random, they would of given us an example on how to.