PDA

View Full Version : vehicles in 6th edition

joescalise
07-02-2012, 05:44 AM
so is it just me or do vehicles die really easy in this edition and there is no point in taking any of them if you are play Necrons, with their Gauss weapons they can rip them apart by just glancing it to death. But so can every army now. Tanks are no longer as good

what do you think

gcsmith
07-02-2012, 05:47 AM
Not as good I agree, but not useless.

Sure my Devilfish are 80 points still, so take up a lot, but vehicles provide the cover to keep infantry alive.

Besides, my tau will never aim to kill a transport, unless it's open topped or assault, after all you can't charge out of one now.

joescalise
07-02-2012, 05:58 AM
that another good point, cant charge when the tank is stationary. they die fast and do less!

gcsmith
07-02-2012, 06:04 AM
They do their job, keep infantry safe for a turn or two. That was their intended purpose.

Im glad I can avoid scarabs :D

Edit: ok beasts can climb buildings again. Dammit.

joescalise
07-02-2012, 06:08 AM
i dont mean just transports, i saw a land raider get tore up in one round of shooting because of the gauss rule

gcsmith
07-02-2012, 06:20 AM
Of course it will do, but thats necrons for you.

Necrons however will die if you get them in combat.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-02-2012, 07:03 AM
I can vouch for that...
Oh god the metal censored horror.

Mr Mystery
07-02-2012, 07:15 AM
i dont mean just transports, i saw a land raider get tore up in one round of shooting because of the gauss rule

Which is different to 5th Edition how? Also, just wait until your local Necrons get switched on to Tesla!

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-02-2012, 07:22 AM
I love Tesla, I love it more in 6th. :D

gcsmith
07-02-2012, 07:26 AM
Go to tesla my friends, for I will laugh with Tau tanks :D

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-02-2012, 07:29 AM
I always keep some Gauss available. :D

Mr Mystery
07-02-2012, 07:39 AM
Go to tesla my friends, for I will laugh with Tau tanks :D

In 2,000, I field 5 Tesla Destructors, 2 Tesla Cannon, and 20 Tesla Carbines. Along side 20 Gauss Rifles, 10 Gauss Blasters, and 5 Particle Beamers and a single Death Ray. Laugh that off, bunghole! :p

Demonus
07-02-2012, 08:13 AM
Of course it will do, but thats necrons for you.

Necrons however will die if you get them in combat.

Oh I dont know about that. My Destroyer Lord + 6 Wraiths would tend to disagree, as would My Overlord+Lord+Cryptek+7ish Lych Guard with a Rez orb.

Also the new fearless rule will have scarabs tarpitting assault squads pretty well. I plan to ram them into my opponents elite DE close combat squads, and watch them sit there for 3 turns losing 3-4 bases that are in turn replenished by 3 tombspyders nearby.

Melon-neko
07-02-2012, 11:29 AM
Necrons are very good in 6th imo. They also have some of the only (possibly the only) AP2 weapons that aren't unwieldy and that aren't MC's

I like vehicles. Hopefully what it does is make people think about having troops and vehicles and not just all of one or the other. I'm a big fan of moderation >.> Vehicles still have a lot of fire power, especially the tanks. They are more vulnerable to shooting but can't be shut down for a turn. OTOH they die very quickly when they opponent gets into h2h (some exceptions apply) so having some units to block charges might be worthwhile.

Gauthic
07-02-2012, 11:43 AM

Necrons are the exception not the rule.