PDA

View Full Version : The End of Chaos Daemons

Inafmy
07-01-2012, 02:23 PM
So, looking at the new universal rules and it looks to me like Chaos Daemons just got unplayable in many ways:

Old Daemon rule:

1- Fearless
2- Eternal Warrior
3- All statline saves are Invulnerable
4- daemonic Assault into battle
5- Can't join a unit from a rival Chaos God

New Daemon Rule:
1- Invulnerable 5+ save
2- Causes Fear
3- ... that's it. Nothing more.

SO, in 6th Edition,
1- All models in the Chaos Daemon army set up normally and have to run across the board without the benefit of any transports.
2- Any save on your statline is a normal save, and thus affected by AP values.
3- Susceptible to just about anything that causes breaking or pinning (Seriously? Daemons running like little girls?!?).
4- One shotting those pesky Greater Daemons with your Instant Death weapons.

But, hey, at least you're scarey and can mix in with the other Chaos powers now...
So, since it will likely be years till we see a new Chaos Daemon Codex, does anyone expect to even see one of these armies get fielded in 6th Ed.?

Lore Weaver
07-01-2012, 02:28 PM
I'm not sure you read your FAQ.

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m2420308a_Chaos_Daemons_6th_Ed_V1.pdf

Daemonic Assault is still a thing that you do.

Also, Flying Monsterous Creatures are the Business.

Also... Cloud of Flies is amazing (doesn't it count as defensive grenades?) which means... no overwatch shooting at your nurgley guys.

Strangleweb
07-01-2012, 02:29 PM
Don't fret, they keep all their codex rules and gain "fear" too as noted in the FAQ.

If anything, daemons gain in 6th, with Reserves being slightly more likely on turn 2, flying monstrous being brutal, in fact all monsters being brutal!

Inafmy
07-01-2012, 02:53 PM
I'm not sure you read your FAQ.

Ah ha! You're right... didn't even know there was a FAQ yet. TYVM! :D