PDA

View Full Version : 6th ed questions

joedrache
07-01-2012, 12:14 PM
#1 blast markers.

so a destroyer lord and 7 deathmarks DS in, and get blasted by 3 small blast hits on the Dlord. 24 direct hits, wounds.

does he take all 24 til he dies or does he take 3 while Dmarks take the remaining 21.

he is the center of the blast(closest to direction of the firer) so i think he does take them all, but hat seems wrong, since the other guys did get hit. and how do you look out sir multiple times during an explosion?

#2 Necron Command Barge(is awesome)

charges a group of guys with an IC
the O(Lord has mindshackle scarabs
he challenges the IC, IC accepts.

then what?

the challenge happens first? IC moves into base, but the initial targets(2 guys at the front of the unit) are also in base already from being hit by the chariot

then the hammer of wrath happens at I10, before initiative pile-ins(D6 hits against the 2 guys and the IC?)

pile in, rest of the unit gets into base w chariot.

then the mindshackle scarabs(after pile in, before blows are struck)

who tests for the scarabs? only the IC in the challenge, or randomly the whole base to base unit?( randomly select a unit in base) or is the challengee the only guy in base because of the challenge?

the guys in the unit are S4, they can not hurt the barge, but they can attack it, are in base with it, can they cheer him on, or are they forced to scratch his chariot's paint?

#3 Leaving Airspace
when a flier leaves airspace, what board edge does it return from?
in Apoc. it was any edge. in 6th im thinking its your long edge. though that doesnt really make sense.

my suspicion is that no one knows these answers but GW, any thoughts are appreciated.

mathhammer
07-01-2012, 01:08 PM
1) Per the rules on blast markers all the wounds are done as normal shooting, so start with the model closest to the shooting unit.

2)
2A) the challenge happens first?

No the actual challenge happens after initiative 0 per close combat rules.

2b) IC moves into base, but the initial targets(2 guys at the front of the unit) are also in base already from being hit by the chariot

Doesn't matter. The challengers are placed in base to base, it no other model is considered.

2c) then the hammer of wrath happens at I10, before initiative pile-ins(D6 hits against the 2 guys and the IC?)

the rest of number 2 is done in order of initiative.

3) It goes back into reserve therfore your deployment board edge.

DarkLink
07-01-2012, 01:20 PM
1) Somewhere in the blast rules, it states you measure closest models from the center of the blast. That might only apply to barrages, though.

Rolyroly
07-01-2012, 01:49 PM
Unfortunately you cannot issue or accept challenges from a catacomb command barge.

joedrache
07-01-2012, 02:02 PM
Unfortunately you cannot issue or accept challenges from a catacomb command barge.

well thats not so bad huh?

thanks

Wildcard
07-01-2012, 05:07 PM
#1 blast markers.

so a destroyer lord and 7 deathmarks DS in, and get blasted by 3 small blast hits on the Dlord. 24 direct hits, wounds.

does he take all 24 til he dies or does he take 3 while Dmarks take the remaining 21.

he is the center of the blast(closest to direction of the firer) so i think he does take them all, but hat seems wrong, since the other guys did get hit. and how do you look out sir multiple times during an explosion?

If its a direct fire weapon (like battle cannon)
- Determine what model is actually closest to the tank firing with battlecannon, then take the saves per rules (probably in your case the deathmark)

If its a barrage weapon (like basilisk artillery)
- If this is the case, your destroyer lord takes as many saves as it can before he runs to 0 wounds, then choose the closest one and repeat..