PDA

View Full Version : So what's changed in your list?

Mr Mystery
07-01-2012, 03:47 AM
6th Ed is here! Hurrah!

And I've spent a few minutes putting together a 2,000 point Necron list for my first game, which is against Chaos, possibly allied with Daemons or Guard. Not too fussed about the outcome, it's just a chance to have a decent sized game and run the new rules through properly.

From the new rules, I've managed to alter my wargear and stuff fairly well. First up, I used to have a phase shifter on both my Overlord and Lord. But not any more. They always have the 2+ save, and since Power Weapons aren't the threat they were, and I'll be striking before anyone that can ignore my armour, I feel the combined points total of 90 points is better off being spent elsewhere (like, I dunno, an Annihilation Barge....).

Fliers are definitely in. I've got two Nightscythes and a Doomscythe in the list. So far they look very, very pokey on paper. Massively resilient, and a tricky proposition for my opponent. As my best weapons on them are twinlinked and Tesla, I'm quite happy to evade when it suits me. I suspect my opponent will be fielding a Vakyrie/Vendetta or two, and I very much look forward to knocking them out the sky!

Overall, I'm looking forward to playing with more movement. Sure I remain relatively plodding in place (barring the Nightscythes of course) but as it doesn't reduce my firepower, I hope to present a very fluid battle line,

And that's just the stuff that is immediately obvious. I'm sure once I've played a few games other bits will be popping up!

How about you? And please, whilst pros and cons are very welcome, if you're determined it's the end of the world for your army, and have come here to whinge, please post in a different thread!

fuzzbuket
07-01-2012, 04:59 AM
not even seen the rulebook but:

ALIES AGAIN :D my BA and GK can brofist foes in the FACE.

SotonShades
07-01-2012, 06:28 AM
I may have to add even more Deffkoptas to my KoptaForce... Jink saves all the time, able to get most of the way across the board every turn? In the campaign I'm playing in, my HQ character can even make decent sized units of them troops, so taking advantage of some of the mysterious objectives and/or outflanking/improved reserves... nasty combination, even if they have lost I4 on the charge (making up for it with a I10 attack each. I all ready love takign the Ork bommers when I can, so no change there, just more of a reason too!

As for my other armies; more troops than before. Being able to fire more effectively on the move makes them better. Not running away as much/returning to the fight more often makes them even more viable (especially Space Marines). They'll be replacing a lot of my vehicles. Hull points make them far less survivable than they were, especially my venerable dreadnoughts, but I think they still have a place in most armies. Just don't expect to see me with a leafblower any time soon (not that my guard ever did... far too much a fan of Leman Russes).

Fortifications? I dunno maybe. I like the idea of some defensive lines. Having some anti-air power will deffinitely be appreciated. Landing pad? Maybe if I am planning on using a reserves heavy list. Bastion... possibly for my Guard. I can imagine it being more useful than a chimera for my objective hold veterans, but who knows. The fortress? Only because I have a serious desire to convert an orky equivolent :P

gendoikari87
07-01-2012, 07:02 AM
guard+space marines.

eldargal
07-01-2012, 07:05 AM
The only thing that has changes for me so far is that I'm struggling to find a way to include Howling Banshees in my eldar lists. I've never gone to battle without Banshees in 17 years.:(

Corvus-Master-of-The-4th
07-01-2012, 07:26 AM
I am taking Wraithlords in my Dark Eldar army :D

gcsmith
07-01-2012, 07:35 AM
The only thing that has changes for me so far is that I'm struggling to find a way to include Howling Banshees in my eldar lists. I've never gone to battle without Banshees in 17 years.:(

well think about it, all the aspect warriors people haven't used recently have an excuse to be used. Striking scorpions and warp spiders.

Lukaz
07-01-2012, 08:15 AM
I really love Draigo and his paladin buddies but draigo has taken a sucker punch with only having an AP3 force sword, he's not going to be that awesome in a duel, especialy not against someone like lysander. Its a shame because I like how hardcore he and his paladins are (whether or not you think they are competative :) ). If anyone can see how the titan sword might not be AP3 I would love to know.

Flammenwerfer13
07-01-2012, 08:23 AM
My Vet Guard Sergeants with Power fist might get shelved because of the ultra gay challenge rules. On the flipside I'm going to start taking melta bombs on all my Vet squads (for now), take that MC's!

Oow and now Ill refuse to pay anything less than 2000 points since I can use two FOC's to make my Air Cav list actually work as individual aircraft (Flyers now). Though not being able to assault after you disembark is still really gay :/

antennafarm
07-01-2012, 10:20 AM
i suspect flammenwerfer is either 14 or trolling. or literally, he responds to challenges with homosexual activity (good on you...?).

BUT, shining spears. not sure how i'll implement them but with the ridiculously fast nature and hammer of wrath, i think they might be pretty destructive (against non-2+ armor saves). surgical hunters!

CrimsonTurkey
07-01-2012, 10:57 AM
I pretty much have to buy a bunch of new models (which I won't on account of budgetary concerns) because I was running an all reserved hidden and burrowed army that is now against the rules.

Why did the company decide that burrowing 'nids, DOA Blood Angels, all reserved Elysians and the like are no longer kosher? These were always some of the more interesting and fluffy armies.

Anggul
07-01-2012, 11:44 AM

I've decided that I'm just going to use them as I always have, but restrict them to elite power-armoured things and leave Terminators to my Scorpions, Dragons, vehicles etc. It's annoying to lose the versatility but they're still death to anything without 2+. The real problem for them is when people throw characters with 2+ saves into said 3+ save squads. A captain with artificer armour in the midst of a tactical/veteran squad could really ruin their day.
EDIT: You can't disembark and assault even if the vehicle hasn't moved. This throws a spanner in the Banshee's works quite badly.

I've always been more of a Scorpions man anyway, and in 1500 I only have them, but in 2000 I often add a maxed out Banshee squad, so due to the greater size of the battle I think it will be easier for me to keep the girls away from any hulking 2+ armour blokes.

On the other hand Scorpions can no longer outflank and assault. They're going to have to be eeeeeven sneeeeeeeakierrr.

Lerra
07-01-2012, 12:08 PM
The change to reserves is probably the single biggest change for me. My Deathwing will have to be retooled so that the list doesn't rely on 35 deepstriking Terminators, but with a new codex around the corner, I was probably going to have to retool anyway.

I'll be adding wings to all my shooty Daemon Princes. Being able to fly should make them quite a bit tougher, and being able to move 24" and shoot will make it a lot easier to get rear or side armor on tanks. I'll probably add a Bloodthirster, too, and some Seekers of Slaanesh. Both of those units seem pretty powerful now.

Mr Mystery
07-01-2012, 12:14 PM
I think Terminators did incredibly well out the new rules. AP2 is quite rare after all!

DarkLink
07-01-2012, 12:41 PM
Psybolts on everything. Any squad of GKs with psybolts can now kill any rhino within 24" with a single round of shooting very reliably. Before, it was only worth it if you had spare points. I'm also planning on a lot more reserve shennanigans, and taking either Interceptors and/or a Dreadknights (who is now str 10, btw) in every game.

Surendil
07-01-2012, 12:52 PM
BUT, shining spears. not sure how i'll implement them but with the ridiculously fast nature and hammer of wrath, i think they might be pretty destructive (against non-2+ armor saves). surgical hunters!

IIRC Hammer of wrath for shining spears is at S3, AP-. Nothing to call home for.

DarkLink
07-01-2012, 01:28 PM
Yes, one automatic hit per charging model, at base strength and AP -.

Mr Mystery
07-01-2012, 01:30 PM
Unless you're a Chariot, in which case it's D6 S6 AP-......and then if it's my Chariot, Obyron setting about giving your dudes a good shoeing!

gendoikari87
07-01-2012, 01:39 PM
Unless you're a Chariot, in which case it's D6 S6 AP-......and then if it's my Chariot, Obyron setting about giving your dudes a good shoeing!

I play counts as mechanicus so my axes are going to be counts as hammers anyway.