PDA

View Full Version : WD Spine Image

Wildeybeast
06-30-2012, 02:17 PM
Is it just me or is the picture at the start of the rules section of the rulebook the full version of the spine image on WD? If so, why is the one on WD still ongoing when the full image is now freely available?

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
06-30-2012, 03:37 PM
:? Because it would be kinda weird to change to a different spine picture halfway through? Just because they've released a whole version of the picture doesn't mean they should stop putting it on the spine.

Wildeybeast
06-30-2012, 04:23 PM
Indeed not. What I meant was there was a general assumption the image was building up to something and would complete on the release of said thing (starter box, DA codex, etc). If that were the case it seems odd to use an image from the rulebook and not one from the release. If it is just a random pic, why release the full version of the picture in advance of the complete image appearing on the spine?

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
06-30-2012, 04:50 PM
They probably didn't put that much thought into its timing. Probably went down like "Hey, 6th ed. is coming out this year, lets make the WD spines form a 6th ed. image!" "Sure, Dark Angels are coming out in the starter set, so let's use the Dark Angel one."

Hmmm, since the Dark Angels being a starter set army isn't "official" yet, maybe they're still using the spine as a way to build up to that?

Wildeybeast
06-30-2012, 05:17 PM
Quite possibly. Given WD's shoddy editorial standards, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if little forethought had gone into it.