PDA

View Full Version : Canoptek Spyders and Scarabs swarms

thralkhan
06-30-2012, 11:31 AM
I'm getting back into Necrons and have decided to use Spyders.

In the old codex, Spyders could generate scarabs and put them in base contact with the Spyder.

The new rules states to nominate a scarab unit within 6", then roll for a Scarab base. Does this mean that if you don't have a Scarab unit, you cannot generate new Scarabs?

I already have my fast attack slots filled with Wraiths, Tomb Blades, and Destroyers, so I'm hoping I'm reading this rule wrong.

Thanks

gcsmith
06-30-2012, 12:41 PM
thats exactly what the rule means.

They are meant to be used in tandem, its a good example of synergy.

thralkhan
06-30-2012, 03:24 PM
Thanks. Though I was hoping it would be a different answer, that's what I thought it would be from reading the rules.

Now, I've heard quite a few things about Canopteks, and GW even has the following statement under the Spyder:

"If a triad of Canoptek Spyders operate together, one takes overall command, harnessing the processing capacity of the others to create a supermind far greater than the sum of its parts. This hyper-efficiency is passed on to all Canoptek Wraiths and Canoptek Scarabs in the immediate vicinity"

I've looked over the codex several times and haven't found anything close to what this implicates.
Does anyone have a page number to where it says something about Canopteks working in tandem like that?

I'd appreciate it.

gcsmith
06-30-2012, 04:14 PM
I think its fluff, and represented kind of by the creating scarabs. Maybe it just produces bases by making existing ones more efficient, and repairing dead ones.

DarkLink
06-30-2012, 06:26 PM
Don't try and pull rules out of the fluff. You'll only be dissapointed or wrong. Or both.