PDA

View Full Version : 6th edition definition - Game Turn

Akaiyou
06-29-2012, 10:59 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but when using a solar pulse in 5th ed, it would run for the entire game turn affecting both players with night fighting.

Anyone else play this differently?

If so, the 6th ed rulebook has clarified that any rule referring to a turn only means PLAYER TURN affecting only 1 player. Where as if it says GAME TURN it affects both.

So Solar Pulses just got a very very nice boost allowing necron players to protect themselves from enemy shooting and not be hampered during their own player turn.

:) My Crypteks will most definetly enjoy this

isotope99
06-29-2012, 11:17 PM
No I thought it had always been like that.

Akaiyou
06-29-2012, 11:28 PM
just double checked, I guess the highlighting helped lol

funnily enough no one i ever played with necrons or against ever used it as a player turn effect. Everyone played it as a game turn effect go figure.

with that said I also like the moving & shooting rule update.
Moving & Shooting Rules
- This is now applied on a model by model basis, so a whole unit wont count as 'moving' if you move some models at least for the purposes of shooting the heavy weapons at full Ballistic Skill.

I think this opens up a number of options specially with how we can organize our ranks within the unit for dealing with wound allocation or to deal with assaults by moving key models to the front lines and not worry bout losing that heavy weapons shot.

DarkLink
06-30-2012, 01:04 AM
It did used to say that, though there was still confusion for some reason.

JMichael
06-30-2012, 01:00 PM
But the term 'turn' also meant player turn in 5th edition (5th ed p9).
So in 5th and 6th you can use the Solar pulse at the start of any turn (this being yours, or your opponent's) and it lasts until the end of that turn.

Soups
06-30-2012, 01:24 PM
what's old, is new, is old, is new again.

This is a bit of a GW flip floppity (at least in the understanding of my play group) The 5th BRB is a default game turn. The wording made it sound like a full return to the player who did something. Then the necron FAQ said game turn. Now it's player turn.

tun turn turn.

I'm waiting for the FAQ to make "turn" a full rotation from the original activation of an ability or item.

Gir
06-30-2012, 07:58 PM
what's old, is new, is old, is new again.

This is a bit of a GW flip floppity (at least in the understanding of my play group) The 5th BRB is a default game turn.

False. 5th ed if it ever referred to a turn, it was a player turn.

Melon-neko
06-30-2012, 11:21 PM
On the subject of turns. The rules state that a unit that used infiltration or scout cannot charge on the first turn. My thought was that this was the first turn, while my opponent thought it was the players first turn. For example, if I infiltrated a unit and went first I obviously could not assault. However, could my opponent assault with their infiltrated/scout unit on there turn, since while it is THEIR first turn, it is the second turn of the game...

Just looking for other opinions (or if we missed something)