PDA

View Full Version : FAQ updated?

Akaiyou
06-29-2012, 10:46 PM
So any word on how soon these will get updated for all armies to conform to 6th ed?

gresha
06-29-2012, 10:53 PM
I would think no later than Monday. Usually GW doesn't update anything on the weekends but they probably have FAQ's ready to go for it. Saturday is Possible as well as Sunday but I'm gonna put money on Monday, July 2.

DarkLink
06-30-2012, 01:08 AM
This is GW. Don't get your hopes up. It might happen, or it might be another 6 months.

eldargal
06-30-2012, 01:32 AM
Not so, the 8th ed WFB FAQs were out fairly rapidly after the BRB. Obviously we don't know 40k is even getting such treatment for sure, but if they do it shouldn't be too far away.

daboarder
06-30-2012, 01:40 AM
I'm....not entirely sure we WILL be getting FAQ's there are a number of rules in the BRB that discuss how to use older rules with the new edition, notably power weapons.

eldargal
06-30-2012, 02:02 AM
Codex FAQs won't impact on power weapons at all anyway so I'm not sure that is particularly valid. It's also less about making the old rules work and more about making existing models work. Vital psyker rules are in WD too, I can't imagine them not getting FAQed into the books either. No compelling reason to assume we won't be getting a FAQ based on the WFB precedent, no reason to automatically assume we will either.

LostInTheDark
06-30-2012, 03:37 AM
I do wonder how GW can be so disorganised for the re-launch of one of their two main systems. At least Forgeworld managed to put the almost nonexistent effort to remove their 40k related FAQ's from their website. Why does GW still have the now obsolete ones up?

Surely they could have managed a blog post to celebrate the launch of the new book, or at least a hold over page to say, "FAQ's coming soon", or something?

It's just so comes across as amateur small business, what's this internet thing you’re talking about?

And I have to wait till Monday to get my new book. Boo hiss to Australia Post :p

gresha
06-30-2012, 06:33 AM
They have their stuff together better than i thought.

FAQ's are up for all armies here (US site) (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?categoryId=1000018&pIndex=1&aId=3400019&multiPageMode=true&start=2)

Kawauso
06-30-2012, 10:20 AM
I anyone else disappointed by the complete lack of Skyfire outside of the IG Hydra?

Seriously, how the hell are we supposed to deal with flyers - particularly in armies that don't have their own?

eldargal
06-30-2012, 10:38 AM
At the moment, only with fortifications and paying extra for it to have an Icarus lascannon batterything. I'm sure it will get FAQed soon.

Kawauso
06-30-2012, 10:42 AM
I'm not holding my breath... :(
It should have been FAQ'd now.

This is something that genuinely concerns me about the new edition. Everything else is fine...different, but fine - but I don't want to have to be forced to have flyers in all my armies all the time