PDA

View Full Version : Fearless - 6E

StarWarsDoug
06-29-2012, 07:39 PM
I have heard a lot of grumbling about fearless being unchanged. However, that's not entirely true.

While Fearless itself may be relatively unchanged as a USR, how it interacts with the rules is incredibly changed.

For instance, No Retreat!, the bane of many fearless troops with low CC ability, is gone. Instead, you cant disengage voluntarily if you are fearless even if you cannot damage the unit attacking you. While non-fearless troops can voluntarily fail the morale test and run away...subject to Sweeping advance of course.

Other examples exist, but I know that was a big pain point for some armies.

Apologies if this was buried somewhere in the other facts threads, but there you go...

Cheers!

DarkLink
06-29-2012, 08:28 PM
No Retreat was the one big thing that really, really hurt ork/nid hordes. Removing that is a pretty significant buff.

Tynskel
06-29-2012, 11:05 PM
I still never could figure out why...
I mean, how do orks n' Tyranids lose in cc? did you not wipe the other unit out? How did this happen?

DarkLink
06-30-2012, 01:06 AM
Are you kidding? I would regularly wipe ork mobs via no retreat. Kill 10-15, then force another 10 no retreat wounds, then finish off the last ~5 orks in the next turn to free myself up.

Tynskel
06-30-2012, 01:46 AM
Bad ork n' Tyranid players!

Gir
06-30-2012, 02:25 AM
I still never could figure out why...
I mean, how do orks n' Tyranids lose in cc? did you not wipe the other unit out? How did this happen?

10 assault marines fighting 8-12 termgants and a tervigon. Kill all the termagants, force the tervigon to no-retreat itself to death.

It was also useful for taking out huge amounts of scarabs, and anything locked in the same combat as scarabs.

Demonus
07-01-2012, 08:22 PM
Yup Scarabs are even more badass then they were before....

Tynskel
07-01-2012, 08:45 PM
10 assault marines fighting 8-12 termgants and a tervigon. Kill all the termagants, force the tervigon to no-retreat itself to death.

It was also useful for taking out huge amounts of scarabs, and anything locked in the same combat as scarabs.

As I said:
Bad Ork and Tyranid players. Who in their right mind exposes 12 guants and a tervigon to assault marines.

Mirumoto Hijiko
07-02-2012, 04:04 AM
I have an issue with Fearless, coming from my French Rulebook. It adds a last sentence from nowhere: “Fearless models cannot have a better cover save of 5+”!

I wonder where does this come from, as the original version doesn’t make reference to cover save (apart from the inability to Go to Ground). I do hope that the English version is the correct one, or it will the bane of Tyranids and Orks players, and pretty nasty for Cultist Chaos Space Marine.

Any ideas? How is this rule edited in others languages?

woodenronin
07-02-2012, 04:39 AM
Nothing like that in my rulebook.

Demonus
07-02-2012, 10:26 AM
Of course the French know nothing of Fearless....

I kid I kid!

Mirumoto Hijiko
07-02-2012, 12:23 PM
Of course the French know nothing of Fearless....

I kid I kid!LOL :)

Excuse-me to practice a reasoned, coherent and responsible heroism. Modern in sum.
- Fereus the Scourge

DarkLink
07-02-2012, 01:09 PM
As I said:
Bad Ork and Tyranid players. Who in their right mind exposes 12 guants and a tervigon to assault marines.

So I guess orks and nidz should just never get charged at all.

Emerald Rose Widow
07-03-2012, 03:43 AM
Yeah, I cannot begin to say how happy this change makes me, I cannot begin to tell you how I had to avoid multicharging, or the fact that I would lose whole squads by only losing half of them. It was so frustratingly stupid, but now its gone, mwahahahahahahahaa.

miteyheroes
07-03-2012, 03:48 AM
For Orks the loss of No Retreat is great. But the loss of +1 I from Furious Charge is horrible.

Thanatos_elNyx
07-03-2012, 05:25 AM
Not being able to Go To Ground to tough for Daemons.

But the loss of No Retreat is an okay price to pay.

Tynskel
07-03-2012, 05:38 AM
So I guess orks and nidz should just never get charged at all.

There is a difference. Your example is an extreme. Who in their right mind would allow you to multi charge like that! That's getting caught with your pants down.

Emerald Rose Widow
07-03-2012, 05:39 PM
There is a difference. Your example is an extreme. Who in their right mind would allow you to multi charge like that! That's getting caught with your pants down.

And your original point was pointless, how should it catch you with your pants down. Why should a unit that didnt get touched in assault take any wounds from another squad that died. It makes no logical sense. What, the tervigon is going to stay OUT of the assault where it can get shot instead? Oftentimes you just charge in to get into combat so you dont end up getting shot to death.

Mr.Flibble
07-07-2012, 01:38 AM
I have an issue with Fearless, coming from my French Rulebook. It adds a last sentence from nowhere: “Fearless models cannot have a better cover save of 5+”!

I wonder where does this come from, as the original version doesn’t make reference to cover save (apart from the inability to Go to Ground). I do hope that the English version is the correct one, or it will the bane of Tyranids and Orks players, and pretty nasty for Cultist Chaos Space Marine.

Any ideas? How is this rule edited in others languages?

Godd news, the first 6 ed french FAQ remove this issue of no cover save better than 5+ for Fearless models :)
http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m2440239a_FAQ_Livre_de_R%C3%A8gles_40k_6%C3%A9d_ve rsion_0.0_-_juillet_2012