PDA

View Full Version : Munitorum Tape Measure

eldargal
06-29-2012, 08:23 AM
Just noticed Mr Servo Skull tapemeasure is up for advance order, not limited edition either which came as a surprise. Though it doesn't say 'while stocks last' in WD so it shouldn't have been,:rolleyes:
http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m2401151a_99230199005_40kTapeMeasure01_873x627.jpg

gendoikari87
06-29-2012, 08:24 AM
definately grabbing one of these grounding off that horrid aquila and painting it back up.

DrLove42
06-29-2012, 08:25 AM
But still not the dice, the things i ACTUALLY want

Kawauso
06-29-2012, 08:26 AM
But still not the dice, the things i ACTUALLY want

This.

Mr. Furious
06-29-2012, 09:24 AM
They aren't a "While Stocks Last" item but I imagine the tape measure, dice/markers and maybe the fancy templates will be a Splash release that have limited numbers(although many more available) or limited time to get them from your GW retailer or GW direct.

It sucks that they couldn't have put them up for preorder the same weekend as the limited edition books so we could take advantage of the over $50 free shipping.......hey, wait a minute......I see what they did there.

Anyway, I found them for 25% off and added mine to another order I had to make from that retailer.

Cpt Codpiece
06-29-2012, 09:35 AM
well there is my order placed :) so thats the templates, psych cards and now the measure. (im waiting for the box set foir the rule book as im more of a collector than gamer ATM.

i love how the measure is marked though. an inch per high lord of terra then the 13th for the emperor :)

Mr. Furious
06-29-2012, 09:37 AM
I just can't wait for the dice.....July 28th seems so far away.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-29-2012, 05:37 PM
I saw it today guys! It's awesome!
So ergonomic, fits right in yo' hand! :D
Buying one!

Igen
06-29-2012, 06:12 PM
I was able to get my hands on one early. They feel... cheap... like they will break within a month or two. The one I got couldn't even hold the length of tape out without it sliding back slowly. Right out of the package.
EDIT: that aside, they are cool as hell =D I love the look and feel of them. Just hope it holds together.

Rapture
06-29-2012, 06:47 PM
I was able to get my hands on one early. They feel... cheap... like they will break within a month or two. The one I got couldn't even hold the length of tape out without it sliding back slowly. Right out of the package.
EDIT: that aside, they are cool as hell =D I love the look and feel of them. Just hope it holds together.
Looks like it was made in a third world country. I bet the paint is loaded with lead. All of the tyranid players can give it the kiss of death to end their sorrows.

Mr. Furious
06-29-2012, 07:59 PM

If it doesn't work as advertised, I'm sure GW will make it right. Say what you will about GW but it is tough to beat their customer service and their willingness to stand behind their products.

Maelstorm
06-29-2012, 08:29 PM
No worries, if it breaks crack it open and put a better tape measure inside!

Brass Scorpion
07-01-2012, 10:45 PM
Please allow me to address some of the issues raised in previous comments:

1) GW has announced a delay of certain July releases. Here is a copy of the announcement:

Stuck in the Warp!
Those of you who have read this month's White Dwarf will have seen some great-looking Munitorum Dice, Battlefield Objectives and Vehicle Markers, which come supplied with a lasgun power pack dice tin as well as pewter-effect dice holders. These have unfortunately been delayed in the warp, but will be on sale in a few weeks. Check back on games-workshop.com for further updates."

2) The Servo Skull tape measure is not limited and is already in stores. All tape measures are consumables with a finite life. Anything with moving parts and springs eventually breaks. More wear means a shorter life. That said, it is quite cool looking. If you want something cheaper that lasts nearly forever, buy a modestly priced Stanley tape measure. The small Stanley I bought for Warhammer two decades ago still works.

3) The word "definitely" does not have an "a" in it. The root word is "finite" and like other forms based on this root word (e.g., infinite, infinitely, definitive, etc.) there's no "a" in any of them.

I got my Battlefield Objective Markers and special red Munitorum Dice in my Gamer's Edition. They are quite nice.

DarkLink
07-01-2012, 11:28 PM
Overpriced, cheap POS.

eldargal
07-01-2012, 11:31 PM
I bought a servo skull 'cos I like servo skulls and I thought it looked cute, not going to use it as a tape measure. Just a fun piece of merchandise even if it is overpriced (and probably poor quality). Given that I seldom buy useles consumer goods I'm considering it a justifiable indulgence. ;)

Sister Rosette Soulknyt
07-02-2012, 05:45 AM
Hmm how hard would it be to open it up, drill out the lenses and put LED lights in instead.

How cool would your tape measure be then????

gcsmith
07-02-2012, 05:51 AM
Personally, I thought it was a piece of cheap rubbish as well, then I handled it. Like the templates, they look naff in pictures but overall feels sturdy and even with the measure sliding back a little it does stop and overall feels nice. Plus it looks cool.

DarkLink
07-02-2012, 01:43 PM
That's the exact opposite impression that the guys I played my first 6th game with got. Any tape measure that can't lock is cheap. If you like servo-skulls, then use this thing at terrain. LEDs would be cool, though. You could put speakers in it, too.

Wildeybeast
07-02-2012, 03:19 PM
I got my Battlefield Objective Markers and special red Munitorum Dice in my Gamer's Edition. They are quite nice.

They are really nice, but the tin is terrible. I was expecting proper storage foam or plastic or something in there. Instead you just have to chuck it all in and they rattle arround like hell in there. It's only a mtter of time before those dice holders get snapped.

isotope99
07-02-2012, 03:32 PM
They are really nice, but the tin is terrible. I was expecting proper storage foam or plastic or something in there. Instead you just have to chuck it all in and they rattle arround like hell in there. It's only a mtter of time before those dice holders get snapped.

You'd have to be pretty rough I think to snap those holders whilst in the tin.

The tin looks great but isn't all that practical compared to the current dice cubes as the lid is easily flipped over (it also barely fits in the pouches in the bag) . Once they release the objectives dice I'll put all the holders in one and all the dice in another and that should work better I think. Going to use the red dice as vehicle markers as I prefer standard spots when rolling normal dice and there are too many damage chart variations for the vehicle dice to be much use.

Wildeybeast
07-02-2012, 03:36 PM
You'd have to be pretty rough I think to snap those holders whilst in the tin.

The tin looks great but isn't all that practical compared to the current dice cubes as the lid is easily flipped over (it also barely fits in the pouches in the bag) . Once they release the objectives dice I'll put all the holders in one and all the dice in another and that should work better I think. Going to use the red dice as vehicle markers as I prefer standard spots when rolling normal dice and there are too many damage chart variations for the vehicle dice to be much use.

Good thinking Batman, I like your style.

eldargal
07-04-2012, 06:38 AM
I got my servo skull tape measure just now, it is a lot more solid than I was expecting. Still not sure how durable it would be but it's a nifty little thing.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-04-2012, 06:46 AM
I like it, it sits on my bedside cabinet. :D

alshrive
07-04-2012, 06:54 AM
erm you keep a tape measure by your bed?

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-04-2012, 06:57 AM
Dude, I'm packing, everything is everywhere.

The bedside table is the only free bit of space.

Wolfshade
07-04-2012, 06:58 AM
This is organisation
http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/home_organization.png

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-04-2012, 07:01 AM
A fair point.

isotope99
07-07-2012, 10:25 AM
Paints up nicely :)

http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/photopost/data/576/servo_skull.jpg

olberon
07-07-2012, 11:01 AM
just got 2 and tore the measure thingy right out of it, going to use the skulls for a nice terrain project i got comming up (see page 390-394 brb - yes im actually building that terrain piece)

Denzark
07-07-2012, 05:39 PM
Kuos to Iso and Olberon. Iso, days to do until ToS, surprised you have time to paint up that skull...