PDA

View Full Version : My 6th Edition book has shipped!

JMichael
06-25-2012, 02:47 PM
Yup. Just got an email stating my Collectors and Gamers edition have shipped! Which based on past GW shipping, I should get it by Wed.

Btw, I live in California and I believe it ships from Georgia.

Wildeybeast
06-25-2012, 04:04 PM
I wouldn't bank on that. GW have said they aren't shipping anything out until Friday and they are pretty tight with that, it may just be that your order has been processed and is sat in warehouse ready to go, or has been picked up by the courier and is being held until Friday. Though I could be wrong, so let us know if you do get it before Saturday.

Wolfshade
06-25-2012, 04:08 PM
I would love mine to arrive on Friday, as otherwise it will try to deliver mine to my work which they wo'n't be able to do on Sat :(

Wildeybeast
06-25-2012, 04:12 PM
That's a gamble considering they said shipping on Friday. Given how fickle Royal Mail is, I played it safe and went for store delivery (the downside being I have to go to my local store and fight my way through hordes of smelly teenagers). Fingers crossed for you mate!

Wolfshade
06-25-2012, 04:31 PM
Yeah, I reckon it'll be the middle of next week as I get the re-delivery scheduled and all that jazz.
I can't change to my home address as I am out all Saturday anyway

mad_larkin
06-26-2012, 03:12 AM
There's a chance - and a slim one at that - that mine could arrive on Thursday, which would allow me to spend my lunch break on Friday standing outside my nearest GW store reading it ;)

Wolfshade
06-26-2012, 03:15 AM
Trolling like a pro :D
"What's that you want the new rules like mine? Oh wait that's right you have to wait for two days"

mad_larkin
06-26-2012, 03:45 AM
If I really wanted to annoy them I'd tell the how much I saved buying it from someone else :D

eldargal
06-26-2012, 03:48 AM
3rd party places sometimes send them out a lot earlier, I friend received his advance ordered VC stuff on the wednesday before the main release. Never heard of GW sending things out early though.

Wolfshade
06-26-2012, 03:50 AM
I had my line breaker squadron arrive from GW before it was released

eldargal
06-26-2012, 03:58 AM
Hm, unusual. That was just a repckage of vindicators wasn't it though, not a new kit entirely?

Wolfshade
06-26-2012, 03:59 AM
Correct, 3 vindis in a box, marginally cheaper than buy 3 seperate ones.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-26-2012, 04:03 AM
I have like 50 (somehow?) anyway. Vindicators out of my ears!

Wolfshade
06-26-2012, 04:21 AM
Wow, paint them in BA colours and give them to me at once!

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-26-2012, 04:25 AM
That would require commission. :p

Wolfshade
06-26-2012, 04:29 AM
:looks in pocket:
17p, 1 rubber band and a pen lid?

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-26-2012, 04:33 AM
For you my friend, certainly. :D

Wolfshade
06-26-2012, 04:35 AM
Awesome, I am assured that this written down agreement is sufficiently legally binding :)

Mr. Furious
06-26-2012, 09:44 AM
I received my "order shipped" email this morning. I'm on the east coast USA so hopefully it'll make it to me by Friday.

juliusb
06-26-2012, 08:23 PM
Just got my "order shipped" email; hopefully it makes it to Detroit on Friday.

mad_larkin
06-27-2012, 05:59 AM
Mine should arrive Friday while I'm at work, and my wife has refused to bring the book to me when it arrives which is totally unreasonable of her, even if it is a 1 hour round trip and she'll have to bring the baby.

Wolfshade
06-27-2012, 06:16 AM
... even if it is a 1 hour round trip and she'll have to bring the baby.
You got the manbagt as well! I like it but not sure I would call it my baby ;)

I'm fingers crossed for Friday also.

mad_larkin
06-27-2012, 07:22 AM
You got the manbagt as well! I like it but not sure I would call it my baby ;)

I'm fingers crossed for Friday also.

No, I meant my son.:D

Wolfshade
06-27-2012, 07:30 AM
I know, I was being obtuse for comedic effect :D

Wildeybeast
06-27-2012, 11:27 AM
I know, I was being obtuse for comedic effect :D

Clearly it didn't work then! Zing!

mad_larkin
06-28-2012, 03:53 AM
Trolling like a pro :D
"What's that you want the new rules like mine? Oh wait that's right you have to wait for two days"

Guess what was waiting for me when I got home tonight? Let the trolling commence! :D

Wolfshade
06-28-2012, 04:06 AM
D'oh mine has still not arrived. I am hoping that it is just that the post has not arrived at work yet.

energongoodie
06-28-2012, 05:12 AM
I got my mail last night at 2350. Yeeesssssssssssssssssssss :D

mad_larkin
06-28-2012, 07:10 AM
I've spent the last few hours flicking through the book (I should have been completing an assessment, but anyway) and I'm liking what I'm seeing so far.

Col.Straken
06-28-2012, 10:09 AM
Why is all of America getting 6th before GW's home country.... My order is still being processed an I live 2 hours away from GW HQ... We have all been told no shipping until Friday, and given the royal mail we probably won't receive it until Christmas... Next year...

stormnut
06-28-2012, 10:25 AM
Why is all of America getting 6th before GW's home country.... My order is still being processed an I live 2 hours away from GW HQ... We have all been told no shipping until Friday, and given the royal mail we probably won't receive it until Christmas... Next year...

Because America is the Space Marines of the 2k universe.

JMichael
06-28-2012, 12:07 PM
Crazy how many Royal Mail complaints I'm seeing on the net.
My experience here is the US with our Postal Service is outstanding!
I live in CA and often order from online stores on the East Coast. I ussually have my item(s) within 2-3 days and thus never need to pay to express shipping!

Col.Straken
06-28-2012, 02:42 PM
The Royak Mail are famous throughout Britain for being thieves (never post cash in an envelope), morons, mixing up postcodes/addresses, being late, being generally crap... Etc.

Mytaru
06-28-2012, 02:50 PM
Finaly im reading it real no more rumors for me! Germany is 6th Edition now ;-)

Demonus
06-28-2012, 02:57 PM
Germany needed something to drown out the sorrow of losing to Italy today :)

Wildeybeast
06-28-2012, 03:28 PM
The Royak Mail are famous throughout Britain for being thieves (never post cash in an envelope), morons, mixing up postcodes/addresses, being late, being generally crap... Etc.

That's because about the half the people that work in the sorting offices are Nigerian immigrants who only got a job there to rob people's credit card details. There was documentary on it and everything. Though tbf, only brainless halfwit would send actual cash through the post.

In other news, where are those folk who have their boks already ordering from? Surely these are not direct from GW?

Calmsword
06-28-2012, 04:52 PM
When someone gets it, could we get some love from what's going on with the story? I've seen two links to sites with photos of every rule in the book... but none about what's happening to the fluff.

Kawauso
06-28-2012, 08:55 PM
When someone gets it, could we get some love from what's going on with the story? I've seen two links to sites with photos of every rule in the book... but none about what's happening to the fluff.

It'll be the same, but different.

The overall story isn't about to 'advance' much farther than it has in the last 25 years.

Farseer Uthiliesh
06-29-2012, 01:10 AM
Just received this email an hour ago:

Good Afternoon

This Email is Concerning your order for the Warhammer 40'000 Collectors Edition. Due to a shipping error from our Games Workshop UK office, your copy of the Warhammer 40'000 Collectors Edition has been delayed and will not ship out from our warehouse in Sydney on the 29/06/12.

We are sorry for any inconvenience that this has caused to you.Your copy of the Warhammer 40'000 Collectors edition will be able to be sent to you, but there will be a delay in the shipping as it will be sent direct from our UK office.

If you would like to discuss this issue with us please contact Hobby Service Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm Sydney time.

After a few emails, I was informed I will have to wait two weeks for my copy. GW didn't offer anything of recompense - nor was I expecting anything more than priority shipping. Oh well, just going to have to wait now.

eldargal
06-29-2012, 01:42 AM
My local store let me take my advance order home yesterday afternoon, not sure it was technically allowed I think the staffer was trying to impress me. Wasn't going to say no.:rolleyes:

madlib
06-29-2012, 02:14 AM

Someone with the book already posted that the fluff hasn't changed, just some additional stories have been added.

JMichael
06-29-2012, 10:57 AM
Well I received a USPS tracking # yesterday, but still no books. Methinks that it will actually ship today, and the email on Monday was more a 'is boxed and in shipping dept awaiting dispatch' rather than the actual shipped.
So be it. My local GS has it in stock (and will sell it at midnight tonight) and some local stores had it on the shelves yesterday!

Mr. Furious
06-30-2012, 11:32 AM
Still no Gamer's Edition for me. Kind of feels like those of us who advance ordered direct from GW got the shaft.

Kawauso
06-30-2012, 11:34 AM
Still no Gamer's Edition for me. Kind of feels like those of us who advance ordered direct from GW got the shaft.

I hear ya.
Plus it's a long weekend in Canada - I don't get to check the post office until Tuesday. :(

Fortunato
06-30-2012, 10:32 PM
I preordered the Collectors Edition from GW, and Fedex tracking says it won't be delivered until July 6th. :( Guess that's what I get for taking the free shipping.

neilasaurus
07-02-2012, 05:16 PM
Got email last Tuesday saying shipped. Just called customer service US because got another email today (July 2nd, Monday) saying shipped. Huh? Called customer service. Yeah they didn't ship everyone's preorders last week by Friday as promised. They supposedly shipped today, but yet, tracking number does not work. Um, yeah, I want my money back.

Kawauso
07-02-2012, 05:40 PM
Um, yeah, I want my money back.

Um...why? I mean, yeah it's not satisfactory service but you're still getting the product.

I sure hope mine shows up soon... :(

Tynskel
07-02-2012, 06:00 PM
Got email last Tuesday saying shipped. Just called customer service US because got another email today (July 2nd, Monday) saying shipped. Huh? Called customer service. Yeah they didn't ship everyone's preorders last week by Friday as promised. They supposedly shipped today, but yet, tracking number does not work. Um, yeah, I want my money back.

awww. go cry to someone.
So they made a mistake.

Well, I called them, and they said on tuesday last week that I would get my special edition ~6th of July. Oh noes! That's too long!

Mkvenner
07-02-2012, 06:06 PM
It can be a bit of a deal for people who are visiting family for a limited amount of time and had it ordered there hoping it would be there before they had to leave.

Just got my FedEx tracking number from GW today after just ordering the book the friday preorders went up. Waiting for the number to work.

neilasaurus
07-02-2012, 06:52 PM
Um...why? I mean, yeah it's not satisfactory service but you're still getting the product.

I sure hope mine shows up soon... :(

Am I getting it? If I was getting it the tracking number would show up on Fedex site...
Could buy one on ebay and get it before these jokers are even going to ship the preorders.
Dissatisfactory service is reason enough for a refund. They could have at least emailed when they knew Friday they weren't going to honor the terms of service.

Mkvenner
07-02-2012, 07:08 PM
Am I getting it? If I was getting it the tracking number would show up on Fedex site...
Could buy one on ebay and get it before these jokers are even going to ship the preorders.
Dissatisfactory service is reason enough for a refund. They could have at least emailed when they knew Friday they weren't going to honor the terms of service.

Exactly. I am calling them up tomorrow to ask what the deal is. Maybe get compensation in the form of 1-day shipping (wishing). There is actually a blog post talking about people not getting their books ranging from regular to collectors.

http://natfka.blogspot.com/2012/07/problems-getting-rulebook.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Faeit212+%28Faeit+212%29

Cheers

Absolon
07-03-2012, 06:22 AM
Had a lengthy conversation with FedX last night. GW chose a shipping option that averaged 5-10 business days for delivery. So in actual days you could be looking at 2 weeks from shipment in the extreme case.. Considering GW terms were order prior to Fri of that's week release, and delivery would be Mon or Tues of the week following the release weekend, it appears GW willfully and intentionally committed fraud in this case

Tynskel
07-03-2012, 08:14 AM
Had a lengthy conversation with FedX last night. GW chose a shipping option that averaged 5-10 business days for delivery. So in actual days you could be looking at 2 weeks from shipment in the extreme case.. Considering GW terms were order prior to Fri of that's week release, and delivery would be Mon or Tues of the week following the release weekend, it appears GW willfully and intentionally committed fraud in this case

bwahahahahhahaha!

Willfully and Intentionally committed fraud! hahahahh
Somebody needs to read the fine print before slamming the Good Name of Games Workshop.

6.3 Whilst we will take reasonable steps to ensure that your order is despatched and delivered on time, please be aware that despatch and delivery times are estimates only, and that time of despatch or delivery is not of the essence of any Contract.
6.4 We may defer the date of despatch or delivery or cancel any Contract, or remove from your order any Products ordered by you (without liability) if we are prevented or delayed in the carrying on of our business, due to circumstances beyond our reasonable control, including, without limitation, acts of God, governmental actions, war or national emergency, acts of terrorism, protests, riot, civil commotion, fire, explosion, extreme weather conditions, flood, epidemic, lock-outs, strikes or other labour disputes, fuel shortages, restraints or delays affecting carriers, or inability or delay in obtaining supplies of adequate or suitable materials.