PDA

View Full Version : Gamers and Collectors Sold Out!

Mr Mystery
06-24-2012, 10:16 AM
That was fast! Just browsed the GW Site, and they're gone in the UK!

Anyone know when the dice and other bits are going up for order?

isotope99
06-24-2012, 10:21 AM
Less than 2 days, they should be pleased with that. This is on the facebook page about the other stuff. Not very informative but confirms not an intentional delay.

Due to problems with the warp, the limited edition dice sets and the servo-skull tape measure - as shown in White Dwarf this month - have been delayed. (These are standard sets, not the red ones that come with the Gamers' Edition.) We'll let everyone know as soon as they're available to order, but for now please accept our apologies. Now, to purge some Daemons...

Mr Mystery
06-24-2012, 10:25 AM
Ah sweet I missed that! Got a Gamer's Edition on the way, and I fancy filling those ammo pouches!

Corvus-Master-of-The-4th
06-24-2012, 11:10 AM
I ordered the dice from Wayland Games on Thursday... They probably still have stock :)

DrLove42
06-24-2012, 12:05 PM
Glad i ordered my gamers yesterday then!

Good to hear the dice will go onlk.e at some point. Iwants them, and cant make it to store on release date so theyll probably all go before i can get any

juliusb
06-24-2012, 12:31 PM
Still available in the US, I'm sure they'll shift some US stock to the UK. Also, I don't really think GW make limited editions in the sense that they only produce a limited number. They'll make as many as they can sell and then cut it off after a certain date. Just like they Space Hulk; they actually said at Christmas that year that they had "found" more in the warehouse... Yeah, OK. If there's demand they'll make it.

Captainparty
06-24-2012, 12:41 PM
I ordered the dice from Wayland Games on Thursday... They probably still have stock :)

Wayland won't get them before GW, they are pretty terrible for telling you when something is in stock or not, sorry, you'll be waiting even longer

Mr Mystery
06-24-2012, 12:42 PM
More like they held a few copies back for Chrimbo.

When GW say Ltd Edition, they mean it!

Wildeybeast
06-24-2012, 04:25 PM
I'm glad I made the efforrs to get WI FI in the middle of nowhere yesterday and get my copy sorted. I thouhgt it was odd the nice and counters weren't up for pre-order and WD said 'coming soon' for the tape measure. Bit lame that they haven't managed to get these things properly made/distributed/whatever in time for release. I know they're not essential things, but that is bit worrying for GW.

gwensdad
06-24-2012, 06:14 PM
I put a half down on a gamer's edition here at a FLGS (during an apocolypse game-I should put up some pics from that). I'm hoping it gets ordered alright and gets here because WANT!. If not, the owner said he'd apply the cost to a regular book just to make sure I've got it. Gamer's and Collector's editions are still listed under preorder for now on the US site (as of 8:15 EST).

Mr. Furious
06-24-2012, 08:21 PM
I'm glad I made the efforrs to get WI FI in the middle of nowhere yesterday and get my copy sorted. I thouhgt it was odd the nice and counters weren't up for pre-order and WD said 'coming soon' for the tape measure. Bit lame that they haven't managed to get these things properly made/distributed/whatever in time for release. I know they're not essential things, but that is bit worrying for GW.

I have a sneaking suspicion that they're going to spread the goodies out over 2 weeks or a month so we all have time for our wallets to recover and buy ALL of it instead of having to choose one or two of the cool items along with the rulebook this week.

They managed to get the red dice in stock for the Gamer's Edition set so I don't think they're really having issues, they just want the hype(and sales) to last a little longer.

My 2 pennies

pgarfunkle
06-25-2012, 10:07 AM
Yeah I'm glad I ordered my gamers copy on the Saturday now instead of putting it off to have a think.

Hopefully the other dice should be available soon, my store said a couple of weeks probably.

david5th
06-25-2012, 11:53 AM
I phoned GW today to ask about my order when "this product is no longer available" appeared when i checked it online and i asked about the tape measure and dice and was told they go on order Sat 30th June.

yrdetraxe
06-25-2012, 11:58 AM
They even removed all traces on the main page and on the blog.
Not a single Picture of the Gamers or Collecters Edition.
And in the US Store they only have the games edition.

Was it even there?
Another Conspiracy?
Just sayin... ;)

Wildeybeast
06-25-2012, 04:08 PM
I have a sneaking suspicion that they're going to spread the goodies out over 2 weeks or a month so we all have time for our wallets to recover and buy ALL of it instead of having to choose one or two of the cool items along with the rulebook this week.

They managed to get the red dice in stock for the Gamer's Edition set so I don't think they're really having issues, they just want the hype(and sales) to last a little longer.

My 2 pennies

probably, but they have been doing two release slots in month for a while now and they have just stuck dates on them, why all the mystery over this? We know they are coming, WD said so, why not just tell us when?

MC Tic Tac
06-26-2012, 03:43 PM
Well if its anything like when space Hulk" sold out" then there will be some left at Warhammer World in the UK.

Sucks if you're not local, but I will see on Saturday when I pop down.

Tynskel
06-26-2012, 04:01 PM
I just got my email.
The collector's edition is on its way... but White Dwarf 390 was sold out!