PDA

View Full Version : Did Tau get a lot better?

newdigitaltau
06-22-2012, 11:47 AM
So from what I'm able to tell from supposed leaked rules did Tau just get a ton better?

Rapid fire finally a reliable shot.
-possibly half range for moving and rapid fire 2 shots
-Two shots at full range!!! (if you don't move)
-Moving and still able to fire a single shot
-Plasma on Crisis suite (Crisis suits always fire as if stationary so possibly 2 shots all the time???)
Massive bonuses for Jet Pack units

I'm sure I missed some stuff but damn I think this may actually push back a Tau update if it works out well enough. But then again everyone possibly got a huge bonus too so could still suck down.

Wolfshade
06-22-2012, 01:22 PM
Its purely situational, as everyone else could benefit from those as well, so while they may have improved so has everyone else

jifel
06-22-2012, 03:56 PM
If the new psychic powers are really good and a "must have" then they may not improve so much, or at least relative to other books. Almost every army has a few improvements from the looks of things though. The Rapid fire rules, even though we re not 100 percent on how they work, look to improve Tau more than others. That 15" double tap is quite nice. However, I can say that Tyranids also look to improve (yay!) and Im sure every marine army will also, so Tau may move up a bit in the field, but not to the top.

Black Hydra
06-22-2012, 05:45 PM
Tau were always pretty decent in IMO. This new ed will just make them viable enough for beginners to use. I might even take a look at them to ally some IG with.

Charistoph
06-22-2012, 09:06 PM
First: "Did" is past tense, 6th has yet to start, so it's "Will".

Second: You forgot the longest ranged Rapid-Fire gun IN THE GAME! The Kroot Gun on the Krootox! A Rapid-Fire Autocannon doesn't sound so bad anymore (the cost on the other hand, could use some work, still).