PDA

View Full Version : Judge Dredd trailer

MaltonNecromancer
06-21-2012, 11:19 AM
If you're in the UK, and you like 40K, you've probably read 2000AD at some point. You may well quite like it (given that 40K shamelessly ripped of 2000AD many, many times, and that the Arbites are basically the Judges lifted wholesale). There's a new Judge Dredd film out. It looks pretty average (and like they've forgotten to add the blacker-than-black humour, which is a real shame), but I figured there might be a few people here wh would like it.

http://io9.com/5920165/first-dredd-trailer-shows-off-judge-dredds-futuristic-urban-hellhole

Mr Mystery
06-21-2012, 11:27 AM
Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

I love Dredd me!

SotonShades
06-21-2012, 11:56 AM
Looks interesting at least.

Maybe one you see at the cinema and then never again. Not sure it needs to be in 3D though, or if they will be playing up to the 3D gimmic too much :(

eldargal
06-21-2012, 11:59 AM
Never really liked Judge Dredd (comics) and the Stallone film was hilariously bad. Never liked Arbites either.:p

Denzark
06-21-2012, 12:03 PM
Did I see the 'rookie' Anderson with an HK MP5 FFS? Can't the prop team do better than that? And does anyone else here thing the old, luger-esque long barrelled lawgiver MkIs are far better than the squat nosed pish that surface around Stallone?

MaltonNecromancer
06-21-2012, 01:21 PM
Dredd very much Depends Upon The Writer for me. I like Dredd when he's written as pure satire; it's not often you see explicit fascism played for laughs. Maybe 40K, but that's about it.

When he's written as a straight action hero, he's suddenly inherently duller than dirt. Like most action heroes. Dredd fighting baddies is just another action hero. Dredd sentencing some poor schmuck to five years for a late library book? Different and interesting.