PDA

View Full Version : A new edition, a new army - What's your poison?

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-21-2012, 01:33 AM
Hello intermcwebs! What a wet day...

Today I am going to discuss new armies! With the glorious 6th edition soon to be released it's a general Salopian practice to start a new project!

What I wonder is, how many of you are going to be starting new project for the new rules?
And what are you thinking of doing? Maybe moving out of your comfort zone? (so a xenos player playing marines and vice versa)

I think that I may either start Dark Angels or Eldar... Grey Knights keep calling me though...

The AKH
06-21-2012, 01:48 AM
I've committed myself to "no purchases aside from new rules" until I get more of my Space Marines painted, so I'll be sticking to that and they'll remain my main army for 6th (as they have for most of 5th).

If the allies rumours of "add 1 HQ and 1 Troops" are true, I'll be reforming some of my Imperial Guard to use as an allied detachment for my Marines.

Once I've gotten through more of my power-armour backlog, then I'll revisit my first two armies, Necrons and Eldar. The Eldar will also get some attention if/when they get a new Codex.

And as far as "new" armies... the Dark Eldar have been calling to me for a while... hell, I'm even beginning to want to try my hand at the Tau for a bit of a changeup modelling/painting wise.

Wolfshade
06-21-2012, 01:49 AM
I think you should do space wolves, vikings in spaaaaaaaaaaaaace!

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-21-2012, 01:54 AM
I've committed myself to "no purchases aside from new rules" until I get more of my Space Marines painted, so I'll be sticking to that and they'll remain my main army for 6th (as they have for most of 5th).

If the allies rumours of "add 1 HQ and 1 Troops" are true, I'll be reforming some of my Imperial Guard to use as an allied detachment for my Marines.

Once I've gotten through more of my power-armour backlog, then I'll revisit my first two armies, Necrons and Eldar. The Eldar will also get some attention if/when they get a new Codex.

And as far as "new" armies... the Dark Eldar have been calling to me for a while... hell, I'm even beginning to want to try my hand at the Tau for a bit of a changeup modelling/painting wise.

Ah, that's a fair enough point, both of my 40k projects are basically done. So that's why I'm considering a new one.

Also Wolf, you are a bad, bad man. :p

Wolfshade
06-21-2012, 02:18 AM
Wolf, you are a bad, bad man
That's what she said!

But more seriously, I think some Dangels would be cool, though a nice thematic army with chaplains, and cloaks and plasmas .

I've been saying that since 3rd came out, so far no progress on keeping that...

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-21-2012, 02:27 AM
But more seriously, I think some Dangels would be cool, though a nice thematic army with chaplains, and cloaks and plasmas .

Yeah, that's the kinda vibe I was going to go for with them. :)

egorene
06-21-2012, 02:37 AM
I think i will start Necrons , they are really good looking minis .

And maybe Demons , but thats just upgrading and so doesn`t count .
(playing CSM , with some Demons)

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-21-2012, 02:41 AM
I can vouch for the Necrons when I say that they are fantastic.
Brilliant to paint, brilliant to play.

The AKH
06-21-2012, 02:47 AM
I've been saying that since 3rd came out, so far no progress on keeping that...

I've only been on the wagon for two months, so... I give myself at least til the 6th ed. box set comes out.

Mr Mystery
06-21-2012, 02:54 AM
No new army for me. Still completely enamelled with my Necrons.

Enjoying them so much it will take a lot to galvanise a change! Though the alloy rules sound interesting.

Doyouseewhatididthere?

energongoodie
06-21-2012, 02:56 AM
I will be starting a Brazen Minotaurs army and I will try to include all the best of the best with honours bits that we get with the rule changes and in the new codex, when ever that may be.

I love the idea of loyal marines hating other marines and kicking their ***.

Wolfshade
06-21-2012, 02:57 AM
I have loads that need painting.

For my new edition I shall be continuing my Orkses, I started them two months ago so they can be my shiny new army

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-21-2012, 02:58 AM
No new army for me. Still completely enamelled with my Necrons.

Enjoying them so much it will take a lot to galvanise a change! Though the alloy rules sound interesting.

Doyouseewhatididthere?

Yeah, and now I want to kill you. :D

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-21-2012, 02:59 AM
I will be starting a Brazen Minotaurs army and I will try to include all the best of the best with honours bits that we get with the rule changes and in the new codex, when ever that may be.

I love the idea of loyal marines hating other marines and kicking their ***.

Have you read all the Raven Guard stuff with the Brazen Minotaurs?

alshrive
06-21-2012, 03:04 AM
i am aiming to get my Necrons done and then i am tihnking about resurrecting my orks and giving them some love. or maybe DE, or a Marine army, or Tyranids, or.... basically i want to see the rules before i decide- i want to find something quirky to latch on to and do an army with!

Mr Mystery
06-21-2012, 03:06 AM
Yeah, and now I want to kill you. :D

You should have steeled yourself for my pun laden onslaught. I can have a real brass neck me!

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-21-2012, 03:08 AM
Mr Mystery, you are a very bad man.

Mr Shrive, cool, sounds like there will be lots of quirky in the new edition.

energongoodie
06-21-2012, 03:09 AM
Have you read all the Raven Guard stuff with the Brazen Minotaurs?

I know about the audio drama. What other bits are there? I do not like the idea of missing out on fluff. Hit me me up with info.

SotonShades
06-21-2012, 03:13 AM
Don't tempt me, vile creature!

I've been itching to start a Chaos combined force (Marines, Deamons and Guard) for a while. Lack of funds and too many thousands of points of unpainted Marines, Guard and Orks makes thgat seem a little pointless at the moment, but maybe when Chaos get their new Codex. Either way, preorders on Sat. Gamers Edition here I come. Please don't have tooo many awesome pictures of chaos... please...

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-21-2012, 03:23 AM
I know about the audio drama. What other bits are there? I do not like the idea of missing out on fluff. Hit me me up with info.

They're all by George Mann, there was Helion Rain, Labyrinth of Sorrows, Prey (online e book), and Unkindness of Ravens (limited edition release, that I have reviewed)

They are described as being hard as nails, they have a vendetta against a nurgle chaos sect.
They're like the exact opposite of Imperial Fists, relentless attackers.

Wolfshade
06-21-2012, 03:24 AM
Mr Mystery, you are a very bad man.

I think we may have found our 4th

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-21-2012, 03:31 AM
Yey!

Wolfshade
06-21-2012, 03:40 AM
Not sure it is a good things

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-21-2012, 03:47 AM
Got any planes yet Wolf?

Wolfshade
06-21-2012, 03:58 AM
Just the learjet...

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-21-2012, 04:04 AM
Learjet?

Wolfshade
06-21-2012, 04:09 AM
Learjet (http://businessaircraft.bombardier.com/en/3_0/3_2/3_2_1/3_2_1.jsp)
I was being amusing, no I've got none, my BA can't have them and it is against my ork philosphy, my ork philosphy is hit it with an axe, hit it with a bigger axe

DrLove42
06-21-2012, 04:11 AM
Well...*cough* OT

I've already got 3 armies, the wife would kill me if I even considered a 4th considering the space and money it would consume.

Better to just slowly increase the existing ones.

And lets face it, with a radical change in rules i'll likely need to buy stuff to make the armies good again

alshrive
06-21-2012, 04:18 AM
i am slowly bringing my soon-to-be-wife around to the idea that we do not have a spare room, we have a geek chamber! i think she has accepted that she is marrying both me and an inordinate amount of tiny plastic peoples!

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-21-2012, 04:22 AM
@alshrive - The plastic populace! :D

@Dr Love - I suppose when you get to our ages and you get a wife, and kid(s) you kinda have to withdraw on a lot of hobby stuff.

@Wolf - The Ork army I wrote up was full of Dakka!

Wolfshade
06-21-2012, 04:23 AM
i am slowly bringing my soon-to-be-wife around to the idea that we do not have a spare room, we have a geek chamber! i think she has accepted that she is marrying both me and an inordinate amount of tiny plastic peoples!

Good work :D

Deadlift
06-21-2012, 04:30 AM
I am committed to my salamanders at the moment, but when the new Chaos space marine dex comes, well then I may well be looking at Thousand Sons.

I was trying to keep away from starting yet another army, but as the OP says its kind of accepted practice to start a new army when a new edition arrives, that's all the justification I need :o

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-21-2012, 04:33 AM
Hah! That's the spirit Deadlift! :D

My mate has started Ultramarines, because he's the Opposite Hipster.

DrLove42
06-21-2012, 04:34 AM
Although that said io'm playing with a Pre/Mid/Loyalist Post Heresy Word Bearers in my head, using FW stuff.

And I'm not ruling out some future armies - always loved Orkses.

I long ago accepted my lovely lady will not be playing or painting with me any time soon, just as shes accepted i will spend far too much time playing with plastic men

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-21-2012, 04:40 AM
I long ago accepted my lovely lady will not be playing or painting with me any time soon, just as shes accepted i will spend far too much time playing with plastic men

Hah, women that I've dated have had to accept that too. xD

I'd like to do Pre-Heresy Thousand Sons, but their helmets are awkward.

Wolfshade
06-21-2012, 05:08 AM
I hid mine until after we were married XD

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-21-2012, 05:32 AM
'til death do you part. xD

Happosai
06-21-2012, 05:37 AM
I don't plan on a new army just yet. I'm still working on my first, as I've only been into 40k for at most 3 months now. ;)

Maybe I shoulda waited those months until 6th came out?

eldargal
06-21-2012, 05:37 AM
Might make some Ordo Xenos allies for my Eldar, during a big campaign my Craftworld signed a treaty with my brothers faction of Ultramar and Ordo Hereticus forces. Be nifty to represent that in the battlefield. Inquisitor-counts-as-Lord Inquisitor and some OH inducted guardsmen and a couple of tanks or something. Have enough so they are a little display army in their own right but just use them as allies.

If Inquisitor Valeria ever gets a nice model might make a little Ordo Hereticus force.

Wolfshade
06-21-2012, 05:40 AM
GW just doesn't seem to get nice female scultps

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-21-2012, 05:41 AM
Might make some Ordo Xenos allies for my Eldar, during a big campaign my Craftworld signed a treaty with my brothers faction of Ultramar and Ordo Hereticus forces. Be nifty to represent that in the battlefield. Inquisitor-counts-as-Lord Inquisitor and some OH inducted guardsmen and a couple of tanks or something. Have enough so they are a little display army in their own right but just use them as allies.

If Inquisitor Valeria ever gets a nice model might make a little Ordo Hereticus force.

That'd be quite cool, you should have some Deathwatch Marines.
May I petition that Artor Llanorwi of Hyperion be in there? :p

alshrive
06-21-2012, 05:42 AM
i couldn't hide it for that long! plus when i met her i worked for GW so she just kinda had to shut up and accept it lol! following on with the theme of the post now- if the new Chaos Dex is up-to-scratch i may finally get around to doing a pure Nurgle CSM force (with Guard allies possibly!)

gendoikari87
06-21-2012, 07:07 AM
Hello intermcwebs! What a wet day...

Today I am going to discuss new armies! With the glorious 6th edition soon to be released it's a general Salopian practice to start a new project!

What I wonder is, how many of you are going to be starting new project for the new rules?
And what are you thinking of doing? Maybe moving out of your comfort zone? (so a xenos player playing marines and vice versa)

I think that I may either start Dark Angels or Eldar... Grey Knights keep calling me though...

with allies FINALLY in. I can make the army I've always wanted a mechanicus army done right. guard allied with marines. Going to be SO much fun.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-21-2012, 07:10 AM
with allies FINALLY in. I can make the army I've always wanted a mechanicus army done right. guard allied with marines. Going to be SO much fun.

Ah, yes. That one that you were talking about in the DIY Codex thread.
What's the plan gendo?

gendoikari87
06-21-2012, 07:22 AM
Ah, yes. That one that you were talking about in the DIY Codex thread.
What's the plan gendo?

well I have someone making me a custom Valeria (below) I'm going to use her as an explorator with a retinue of Mechanicus terminators (AOBR or whatever the new box is) as a secutorial retinue. With a base of veterans with carapace armor as skitarii. sprinkle in some tanks and some IC in 3+ armor saves for techpriest leaders for the skitarii and voila. Not sure on what to use as the IG HQ though....

and no, that's not a lightsaber, it's a sollex energy blade from the aegis fragment.
http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2012/6/18/378826_sm-.jpg

Wolfshade
06-21-2012, 07:27 AM
Looks good. I like the idea.
I think the idea of being able to use allies will open up the possibility of playing diy codex without having to make up rules/points

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-21-2012, 07:27 AM
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH! I like that!

Use Straken, he's pretty robotic.

gendoikari87
06-21-2012, 07:36 AM
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH! I like that!

Use Straken, he's pretty robotic.

strakens a lot of points, and also would make the skitarii CC oriented, which isn't what they are there for. Though if he affects allies I might have to get a techpriest and convert a straken.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-21-2012, 07:40 AM
Yeah, either him or maybe just a cheap Lord Commissar? Don't use him for anything, don't even purchase any upgrades except maybe a Plasma Pistol.

gendoikari87
06-21-2012, 07:42 AM
Honestly for the guard HQ i'm thinking of using the obvious techpriests since it was recently faqed that they can count as your manditory HQ's and giving them some Plasma cannon servitors.

Wolfshade
06-21-2012, 07:46 AM
The new plasa servitors should like they could be great

gendoikari87
06-21-2012, 07:47 AM
The new plasa servitors should like they could be great

are they new? I thought they were just the old ones moving to finecast.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-21-2012, 07:48 AM
Oh! I didn't realise that they could be mandatory! That's the obvious choice then! :D

gendoikari87
06-21-2012, 07:53 AM
Oh! I didn't realise that they could be mandatory! That's the obvious choice then! :D

yup, too bad they aren't IC.

Wolfshade
06-21-2012, 07:56 AM
are they new? I thought they were just the old ones moving to finecast.

They could be, I thought that the existing ones (now not on GW.com) were Heavy Bolter or Multimelta

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-21-2012, 08:09 AM
yup, too bad they aren't IC.

That is a shame... They don't have a brilliant statline either if I recall.

gendoikari87
06-21-2012, 08:15 AM
That is a shame... They don't have a brilliant statline either if I recall.

well technically the techpriests in the IG codex are really low level techpriests in training, not full out techpriests. They also aren't secutors and aren't really trained to fight.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-21-2012, 08:26 AM
D'awwwwhhh... Poor Enginseers.

I may do a Grey Knight/Space Wolf mix-up (1st war for Armageddon)

The Madman
06-21-2012, 08:27 AM
depending on how the Allies rules work out i'll be dusting off all my daemons from my 3.5 chaos marine army incluidng some old and new tzeentch that i got for fantasy (all have magnetized bases to play both games). so my Word Bearers will feel like Word Bearers again. :D

Wolfshade
06-21-2012, 08:29 AM
I may do a Grey Knight/Space Wolf mix-up (1st war for Armageddon)

Knew those space vikings were too great for you to pass up :p

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-21-2012, 08:30 AM
depending on how the Allies rules work out i'll be dusting off all my daemons from my 3.5 chaos marine army incluidng some old and new tzeentch that i got for fantasy (all have magnetized bases to play both games). so my Word Bearers will feel like Word Bearers again. :D

Yes! Awesome! Go Word Bearers! :D

The AKH
06-21-2012, 08:33 AM
I am committed to my salamanders at the moment, but when the new Chaos space marine dex comes, well then I may well be looking at Thousand Sons.

That's one thing I left out. Reading Legion and Deliverance Lost made me want to delve into the depths of the XX Legion.

I already play a XIX Legion successor so the Alphas are the perfect counterpoint!

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-21-2012, 08:36 AM
Knew those space vikings were too great for you to pass up :p

Only so that I can have Hyperion. :p

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-21-2012, 08:37 AM
That's one thing I left out. Reading Legion and Deliverance Lost made me want to delve into the depths of the XX Legion.

I already play a XIX Legion successor so the Alphas are the perfect counterpoint!

Raptors?

Wolfshade
06-21-2012, 08:52 AM
Only so that I can have Hyperion. :p

Excuses, excuses

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-21-2012, 08:55 AM
Actually, I preferred Malchadiel, he was a boss!

Wolfshade
06-21-2012, 09:04 AM
Actually, I preferred Malchadiel, he was a boss!

Who>?

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-21-2012, 09:07 AM
Hyperion, Sothis, Malchadiel, Dumenidon, and Justicar Galeo - Squad Castian, 8th Brotherhood of the Grey Knights.

Learn2Eel
06-21-2012, 09:09 AM
Depends.
I started Grey Knights a fortnight ago but if the rumoured Allies chart is in, and for normal 1v1 games, I'll be buying a lot of Tzeentch daemons. It might not be the best idea because Chaos Space Marines are being re-done but meh, I want more Tzeentch flavour in my list.

If it isn't, then I'll continue the Grey Knights.
I'm still yearning to do an all-wraith Eldar army though.

gendoikari87
06-21-2012, 09:10 AM
God I can see the purifier/longfang builds now.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-21-2012, 09:14 AM

:eek:
DAS IST NICHT GUT!

However, I shall not be doing that, I want Squad Castian at the time of Armageddon.
Unfortunately by that time Sothis was dead. :(

Learn2Eel
06-21-2012, 09:17 AM

Surely GW has to restrict it so that we don't see stuff like that.

Wolfshade
06-21-2012, 09:20 AM
Hyperion, Sothis, Malchadiel, Dumenidon, and Justicar Galeo - Squad Castian, 8th Brotherhood of the Grey Knights.

I see, from the book

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-21-2012, 09:23 AM
I see, from the book

The Emperor's Gift, yes.

Wolfshade
06-21-2012, 09:24 AM
DAS IST NICHT GUT!

However, I shall not be doing that, I want Squad Castian at the time of Armageddon.
Unfortunately by that time Sothis was dead. :(

There I fixed for you, alas a lament for missing fudgecakes

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-21-2012, 09:27 AM
Oh f*** you man.

gendoikari87
06-21-2012, 09:47 AM
Surely GW has to restrict it so that we don't see stuff like that.

if you had Grey knights, and you suddenly COULD wouldn't you buy some long fangs?

WAIT A MINUTE. People could ally a unit of broadsides. Holy **** tanks will be dead everywhere.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-21-2012, 09:53 AM
Mother of god.

Tauownz
06-21-2012, 09:58 AM
Got a feeling each army is going to have a different ally. IG get GK, Chaos get daemons, etc. Being a tau player we need more survivable troops, hoping for a space marine alliance personally.

Throatpunch
06-21-2012, 11:30 AM
I am going to continue my Necrons, slow build up the Corsairs (which I have a great start to), and potentially Dark Eldar.

Black Hydra
06-21-2012, 12:10 PM
Man so many armies to choose from. I'm already building my Necrons and Chaos/IG armies, but I've been eyeing that sexy Corsair list for some time. There's also the less than sexy Orks. Power armored orks? Where's your God-Emperor now Space Marines?

Wolfshade
06-21-2012, 12:12 PM
Oh fudgecake you man.
there fixed it for you
(Sorry latency was my commute)
O_o do I want to know what it is to fudgecake someone

Deadlift
06-21-2012, 12:18 PM
there fixed it for you
(Sorry latency was my commute)
O_o do I want to know what it is to fudgecake someone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9W4rhhEq_U&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Puts a whole new twist on this advert.

eldargal
06-21-2012, 12:23 PM
I'm also tempted to start an Alaitoc Eldar army based on the Path series of novels, with a converted Thirianna as Farseer. Squads and characters named after those in the books. Pathfinders will be pretty good in 6th, though Guardians probably won't be. Also a welcome change from painting white, pink and purple Eldar.

Wildeybeast
06-21-2012, 12:41 PM
I personally don't see the draw in starting a new army with a new edition. Given the rules changes I'll probably need to make tweeks to all my exisitng ones, so I prefer to wait until a new codex comes along that grabs my attention.

Charistoph
06-21-2012, 04:13 PM
Hmmph, I think I need to finish my poor Chaos Cursed descendants of VII Legion before I start any new projects. I need to get ONE army up to painted status! Especially since I can barely squirrel a way a night a month to do anything with them. Note: Tiny Children + (OR(Models, Paint)) = NOT GOOD.

It'll be nice when they are old enough to be trusted with plastic and brush, but until then, my experiences are limited.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-22-2012, 01:03 AM
I'm also tempted to start an Alaitoc Eldar army based on the Path series of novels, with a converted Thirianna as Farseer. Squads and characters named after those in the books. Pathfinders will be pretty good in 6th, though Guardians probably won't be. Also a welcome change from painting white, pink and purple Eldar.

I am tempted to steal this idea. :p

Good responses so far everyone! Loving the thoughts of new projects.

It'll be nice when they are old enough to be trusted with plastic and brush, but until then, my experiences are limited.

My friend has said the exact same, his hobby is suffering too.

Wolfshade
06-22-2012, 02:02 AM
Also a welcome change from painting white, pink and purple Eldar.

there isn't enough purple in 40k :(

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-22-2012, 02:11 AM
There's usually something purple in each of my armies. :p

Wolfshade
06-22-2012, 02:15 AM
My Orkses have in the obvious place, but none in my BAs maybe I could paint the librarians purple instead of blue (blue makes me think of ultra marines which isn't good)

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-22-2012, 02:19 AM
Necrons have purple markings, Storm Wardens have purple purity seals and cloaks. :D

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-22-2012, 04:55 AM
I'm thinking Eldar for 6th!

Craftworld Kaelor

Farseer Amonthyryr (Ah-mon-thigh-ihr)
A powerful yet reckless Farseer, true aryan appearance (blond hair, piercing blue eyes)
He walks a doomed path and threatens to take his Craftworld with him.
Will not stop until he cleanses the galaxy of intruders, really hates Necrons.

The previous "head" Farseer is now interred in a Wraithlord and serves as a kind of guide to Amonthyryr. Haven't got a name for him yet.

The Craftworld is famous for it's raid-like tactics, constantly on the offensive. Eldar from this Craftworld are particularly hot-headed and angry. The youth of the Craftworld typically join Corsair bands to get most of the excitement out of their system, as such the Eldar tend to be covered in war paint.

The Craftworld symbol is the sigil of Khaine’s Rebirth, embodying the War aspect of the Craftworld.

They're also in the Calixis sector, which means that they'll run into the Storm Wardens a lot.

A few ideas so far. :D

Wolfshade
06-22-2012, 05:14 AM
I don't think of Farseers as being reckless, admittedly it has been a long time since I've read their fluff or played them, but I always imagined them almost vulcan like with their pragmatism and always looking for the long game

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-22-2012, 05:26 AM
Re. my Sun Mage comment.

woodenronin
06-22-2012, 05:48 AM
I have an IG army that has only seen Killzone. Time to step up and play with the big boys.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-22-2012, 05:53 AM
Hell yeah! :D

Wolfshade
06-22-2012, 05:57 AM
I see, they are hot blooded, I always like armies with a story.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-22-2012, 06:08 AM
I always have a cool story!

Chris Copeland
06-22-2012, 06:51 AM
I've been a Xenos player for all of Vth Edition. I think I'll begin VIth Edition by taking a walk on the Power Armor side: Blood Angels, here I come!

PS I've acquired 60 Marines, 2 Baal Predators, 1 Whirlwind, 3 Dreads, 2 Devastator squads, I Scout Sniper squard, 2 Rhinos, and a Stormraven (as well as a smattering of special characters and individual models). All of the above is mostly assembled and unpainted (except for the Stormraven which I painted as a one-off last year and then traded away). I traded my Flames of War stuff for it all.

So, as you can see, VIth Edition will see me joining the Sons of Sanguinus... now I've got some painting to do.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-22-2012, 06:56 AM
Nice Stormraven dude!

Wolfshade
06-22-2012, 06:59 AM
That thing is a thing of beauty, and makes my flying box look a bit erm naff

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-22-2012, 07:05 AM
I haven't seen your painting Wolfie.

Wolfshade
06-22-2012, 07:12 AM
There is very good reason for that

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-22-2012, 07:14 AM
Are you a bad?

Chris Copeland
06-22-2012, 07:18 AM
Nice Stormraven dude! Thank you! I wanted it to look like the damn thing runs on diesel...

Wolfshade
06-22-2012, 07:21 AM
Are you a bad?

Yes, bad but not as youth on the street means it i.e. good, I mean bad as in poor quality. :( It frustrates me, though with patience and practise I could get better

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-22-2012, 07:23 AM
Thank you! I wanted it to look like the damn thing runs on diesel...

I do not want that hurtling towards me! :D

@Wolf - that's a shame dude, though I'll be the judge when we eventually have a game.

Wolfshade
06-22-2012, 07:25 AM
My orks are ok, just my blood angels, at times I look at them and want to scrap them and start again. It was the trouble of painting large amounts when I was 10

Chris Copeland
06-22-2012, 07:28 AM
I do not want that hurtling towards me! :D

Thanks, TDA! Here are some more pics of the completed model:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1539031478589.2072246.1318955238&type=3&l=acd32a8ad2

Like I said, I painted this as a one-off project. It was a "black box" model that I did for my LGS. Now that VIth edition is here I've decided to play Blood Angels. I've re-acquired this model and I've picked up a bunch of un-painted BA stuff. Time to get painting again...

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-22-2012, 07:36 AM
I'll check that when I get out of work, may I send over a Friend Request?

Chris Copeland
06-22-2012, 07:42 AM
I'll check that when I get out of work, may I send over a Friend Request? Sure, if you wish. However, that gallery should be available for public viewing even for folks without FB accounts. Cheers!

Wolfshade
06-22-2012, 07:49 AM
I'll have to check when I'm at home, FB is against company policy

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-22-2012, 07:51 AM
Yeah, but I can't get on FB at work. :/

Wolfshade
06-22-2012, 07:59 AM
Well this is the weird thing I can, but I am not supposed to access it. I wouldn't mind but the policy is from a company I don't work for!

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-22-2012, 08:00 AM
Awkward.

Wolfshade
06-22-2012, 08:08 AM
more frustrating

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-22-2012, 08:12 AM
I can use it on my phone.

Wolfshade
06-22-2012, 08:19 AM
I can, but have signal issues at work

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-22-2012, 08:42 AM
Why haven't you added me on Facebook? :p

Wolfshade
06-22-2012, 08:59 AM
Me? Because I don't like you :p
More seriously don't know your email addy

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-22-2012, 09:05 AM
Search Dale Jordan Parratt, I'm wearing shades in Games Workshop.

Chris Copeland
06-22-2012, 09:47 AM
Me? Because I don't like you :p

I don't like you either. You'd better watch yourself! We're wanted men. I have the death sentence on twelve systems!

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-22-2012, 09:54 AM
Hahahahaha! Nice.
This is my Brother-in-Law Scott, he's visiting from Hoth.

Wolfshade
06-22-2012, 01:25 PM
Hoth? More like Colth

Black Hydra
06-22-2012, 05:48 PM
I know I said Orks before for the Meganobz but they are kind of limited. So instead I might go the way of the Great Squat Muncher or the Greater Good. Why? Because both those armies can be allied with IG in some way or another. Tau auxiliaries anyone? Or Genestealer cult? All awesome. I love that IG are so flexible fluff wise which is why I'm fielding them with CSM.

KrewL RaiN
06-22-2012, 06:50 PM
I may get some CSM for my Daemons. I could go the Word Bearers route.

olberon
06-23-2012, 04:06 AM
since the new SM army will be Dark Angels (and a lot of mates are starting a DA army) i decided to go for a Crimson Fists army.

blog can be found here by the way:
http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=22002&page=2

Uncle Nutsy
06-23-2012, 10:17 AM
I'll still be playing DE, and my tau might make a reappearance... seeing as it's been such a long time no one will know how to handle them.

"and what do those railguns do?" hehehehehe :D

Deadlift
06-23-2012, 11:28 AM
I don't like you either. You'd better watch yourself! We're wanted men. I have the death sentence on twelve systems!

I like your hair.

Pendragon38
06-25-2012, 07:10 AM
Im gonna make a merc-marines force with IG as aux in my army:D

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-25-2012, 07:12 AM
Ooooh! Nice idea.

Allies opens many opportunities.

Pendragon38
06-25-2012, 07:21 AM
Ooooh! Nice idea.

Allies opens many opportunities.been at it since 2nd with SM,CSM,squats and IG. so with this in play I'll be able to have wide range of my minis on the table:eek:

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-25-2012, 07:26 AM
Yey! Go diversity!

Pendragon38
06-25-2012, 07:55 AM
Yey! Go diversity!yeah like this is what I cant wait to field http://i1062.photobucket.com/albums/t499/Pendragon38/Apollo003-1.jpg
built just for my theme

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-25-2012, 08:01 AM
O_O

What the f*** is that?!

Wolfshade
06-25-2012, 08:18 AM
That's some kinda of plasma monster,
Twin-Linked heavy plasma guns (look like they are from Devastators)
and an Executioner turret, extra armour and of course the land raider :)

Pendragon38
06-25-2012, 08:19 AM
O_O

What the f*** is that?! LOL thats my Apollo/Achilles land raider that I made:D. you like it, I've got 3 of them now...ohh thats gonna burn

eldargal
06-25-2012, 08:20 AM
I find plasma cannons very exciting.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-25-2012, 08:22 AM
I find plasma cannons very exciting.

Why...?

Also, yes, I love it! :D

Pendragon38
06-25-2012, 08:22 AM
That's some kinda of plasma monster,
Twin-Linked heavy plasma guns (look like they are from Devastators)
and an Executioner turret, extra armour and of course the land raider :) No its my Achilles with the SR's plasma, Executioner,and fully able to swap out the weapons.

eldargal
06-25-2012, 08:24 AM
In joke, I keep forgetting this isn't my games club.:rolleyes: Also NSFW.

Why...?

Also, yes, I love it! :D

DrLove42
06-25-2012, 08:28 AM
I don't need a new army...I have a cunning and evil 2000 point list idea

Apparantly 6th lets you double up your FoC slots when you get to 2000 points. Now...the named Farseer in IA11 lets me take 4 heavy slots. At 2000 points thats 8 heavy slots.

I'm considering;

Named Farseer
Wraithseer
And 8 Wraithlords.

Would leave me about 500 points for troops (400 once i take the required Wraithguard unit)

Sounds like fun to me :P. 2000 points, 9 Wraithlords.

Wolfshade
06-25-2012, 08:28 AM
That seems dull :p

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-25-2012, 08:31 AM
In joke, I keep forgetting this isn't my games club.:rolleyes: Also NSFW.

Which part is NSFW?

Pendragon38
06-25-2012, 08:33 AM
I don't need a new army...I have a cunning and evil 2000 point list idea

Apparantly 6th lets you double up your FoC slots when you get to 2000 points. Now...the named Farseer in IA11 lets me take 4 heavy slots. At 2000 points thats 8 heavy slots.

I'm considering;

Named Farseer
Wraithseer
And 8 Wraithlords.

Would leave me about 500 points for troops (400 once i take the required Wraithguard unit)

Sounds like fun to me :P. 2000 points, 9 Wraithlords. Yes,One can never have to many robots.....i might also do Dogs of War army need I say more....