PDA

View Full Version : 6th ed Collectors & Gamer Edition Details

eldargal
06-20-2012, 07:47 AM
To save everyone asking and trawling through heaps of posts for details:

When the officers of the Imperial Guard pray to the Emperor for salvation, it is for the intervention of his Angels of Death that they beseech him. The Warhammer 40,000 Collector's Edition represents a sacred artifact, a reliquary of the Space Marines over which they invoke the Emperor's divine blessing. Its leatherette exterior features a debossed design of an iron halo and Imperial aquila. Two panels open either side to reveal four gold gilt embossed arched faces, within which are depicted four great heroes of the Space Marines. A secret panel pops open at the top of the reliquary, revealing access to a premium edition of the Warhammer 40,000 rulebook. The pages of this hardback rulebook are made from the very highest quality parchment paper, making it an even greater tome to possess. The Warhammer 40,000 Collector's Edition is strictly limited to 4000 individually numbered copies worldwide, so don't miss out on this great opportunity to own a genuine artefact from the 41'st Millenium.

The Warhammer 40,000 gamer's Edition represents a Munitorium Officer's kit as if it came straight out of the 41'st Millenium . The Gamer's Edition bundle consists of a versitile brown leatherette singal satchel, a Warhammer 40,000 rulebook, and a limited edition set of 12 red Munitorium Dice that are only available in this set and come with a power pack tin. The satchel is large enough to carry the rulebook along with any accompanying Codexes and Munitorium Templates, but also features three internal pouches. each designed to fit a Lasgun power pack tin. Two 4mm thick metal pin badges are also included (one representing the Imperial Aquila and the other the eight-pointed Chaos star), one of which can be fitted above the satchel's wooden toggle so that you may proudly declare your allegiance for or against the Emperor. The Warhammer 40,000 Gamer's Edition is only available to order from the website and is strictly limited in numbers, so don't miss out.

And pictures:
http://i.imgur.com/pIezp.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/HY8uFh.jpg

Prices are:

Collectors Edition: £85 (unconfimed)
Gamers Edition: £80 (unconfirmed)
Standard Edition £45

Extra bits:
Servo Skull Tape Measure
Munitorum Templates
Munitorum Dice
Battlefield Objectives

Picture:
http://i.imgur.com/GJVJm.jpg
Vehicle Markers

Brandoncbaker
06-20-2012, 07:51 AM
First..yes! Thanks for the scoop.gotta get one. Will they be available on the web site early Saturday? I'm sure there will be a rush on the gamer version

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-20-2012, 07:53 AM
My prayers are answered! Thank you. :)

energongoodie
06-20-2012, 07:55 AM
Thanks for this. I've tried reading it but I had no luck. I even dropped them into photoshop and tried to sharpen them up.

DrLove42
06-20-2012, 07:55 AM
Gonnahave to be a gamers edition. Oh boy.

Is it wrong that i just really want the satchel?

energongoodie
06-20-2012, 07:56 AM
Is it wrong that i just really want the satchel?

No. No it isn't.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-20-2012, 07:59 AM
Same here, I want another manbag. :p

eldargal
The satchel is nifty. Going to get the servo skull tape measure and psychic cards as well. Ooh, should add them to the OP.

Wolfshade
I want the gamer's edition gotta love a 40k man bag

Demonus
06-20-2012, 08:06 AM
I like the blast/template markers and the measuring tape is cool. Those dice are god awful, I got the "bone dice" when Fantasy came out, they are far too light, and roll like Sh-- for me :)

Ill stick with the basic book

TSINI
06-20-2012, 08:15 AM
What are little servo skulls next to the satchel?

DrLove42
06-20-2012, 08:15 AM
I think I can do without the tape measure, and the templates don't look that great to me.

But will need all 3 sets of dice and the physic cards

eldargal
06-20-2012, 08:20 AM
Apparently dice holders for marking certain things. No 'accidentally' taking a dice next to a unit for a particular reason to do something else with it.

What are little servo skulls next to the satchel?

I don't like the templates much either, plus I have a bunch of textured and painted templates I've made so I doubt I'll need more.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-20-2012, 08:24 AM
Apparently dice holders for marking certain things. No 'accidentally' taking a dice next to a unit for a particular reason to do something else with it.

That sounds like a good idea. I like that.

eldargal
06-20-2012, 08:26 AM
Yep, but the best thing is we can have little flocks of servo skulls following the mummy servo skull tape measure around.:)

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-20-2012, 08:33 AM
Yep, but the best thing is we can have little flocks of servo skulls following the mummy servo skull tape measure around.:)

And that's what we all want in this life isn't it? Baby servo skulls. :3

isotope99
06-20-2012, 08:34 AM
The tape measure is ridiculous and over-priced (and ridiculously overpriced) - Of course I'm going to get one.

I want the objective and vehicle marker dice but not the regular ones.

Whether I get the gamer's edition will depend on exactly how much you're paying for the bag - seems a bit steep but those servo skull dice holders and box are part of it and I want those anyway.

Pass on the templates, they don't quite look right to me, plus I always lose them anyway.

Wolfshade
06-20-2012, 08:36 AM
And that's what we all want in this life isn't it? Baby servo skulls. :3

When a Mommy servoskull and a Daddy servoskull love each other very much...

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-20-2012, 08:39 AM
When a Mommy servoskull and a Daddy servoskull love each other very much...

Hehehehehe.... :p

Kawauso
06-20-2012, 08:45 AM
Gamer's Edition it is, then. The goodies with it are too good to pass up.

Disappointed with the Collector's Edition. =/ Was hoping for something more like the WFB one...

eldargal
06-20-2012, 08:47 AM
Agreed, while it is very nice there is a precedent of the CE BRBs looking like arcane/inquisitorial tomes and this one doesn't. The triptych reliquary style clipcase is nice also but would have been better if it had been more reliquaryesque like and less fancy modern slipcasesque.:rolleyes:

Kawauso
06-20-2012, 08:54 AM
My thoughts exactly.

A glossy 'coffee table book' cover, embossed or no, doesn't make me think of the sort of tome an Inquisitor would carry about on a chain.

wittdooley
06-20-2012, 09:04 AM
Its a shame the collectors editions don't look more like the ones FFG does for their 40k RPGS.....

MaltonNecromancer
06-20-2012, 10:52 AM
My reactions to 6th are mixed.

All the rules stuff I'm hearing is really positive; looks like it's going to be a fun "new" game.

However, all this "collector's" cheap plastic tat is vile, and money grubbing of the worst kind; like when a film says "over 6 hours of bonus extras!", then you discover those 6 hours are just listening to the janitor talk about how his wife left him. Those dice look bad; the tape measure is a nice idea, but looks like it'll break on the third game; the satchel is basically a cheap bag you'd pay £3 for on a market bag-stall only with a cheap tin aquila/chaos star on it (I don't pay extra money for a Nike swoosh, I shan't pay extra money for an Imperial one); and finally, the blast templates are hideous. 5th's sleek green templates really looked the business, but these horrible "lightning" things look like some poorly manufactured toy. Not impressed.

I do like the little servo-skull thingys, though. They're quite smart.

As far as the new rulebook, the cover art is a bit of a mess (3rd edition had the nicest cover IMHO), but it does look like the kind of book you could use to murder a burglar with, which is always a good thing as far as I'm concerned.

Kyban
06-20-2012, 10:56 AM
As far as the new rulebook, the cover art is a bit of a mess (3rd edition had the nicest cover IMHO), but it does look like the kind of book you could use to murder a burglar with, which is always a good thing as far as I'm concerned.
Police: Did you hit the burglar with this book?
Response: No, I made him read it!

Wildeybeast
06-20-2012, 11:09 AM
Nice enough. The CE isn't nice enough to make me shell out that much money, but I think the gamers one is worth investing in. Nothing new compared to the fantasy one which is a touch disappointing, but I think it all looks good.

Renegade
06-20-2012, 01:05 PM
Eg: Are you using the basic conversion of $1.66 = £1 to get those prices? I have a feeling that GW are going to find that conversion to low by the end of the editions life, interesting to find out if it ends up covering the entire range.

Im torn between the CE and GE, but will probably get neither and just get the book. Dont like the templates or the tape, love the dice though.

Mr Mystery
06-20-2012, 01:14 PM
Kind of tempted by the Collector's Edition. I've got the Fantasy one, and it is lovely. And they'd go really nicely together in my antique bookcase (ponce? Moi? Yup!)

Gamers Edition likewise appeals. But due to fundage, I'm thinking I can go without either.

How much is the Gamer Edition again?

wittdooley
06-20-2012, 02:20 PM
Kind of tempted by the Collector's Edition. I've got the Fantasy one, and it is lovely. And they'd go really nicely together in my antique bookcase (ponce? Moi? Yup!)

Gamers Edition likewise appeals. But due to fundage, I'm thinking I can go without either.

How much is the Gamer Edition again?

I don't think we actually have a US price for it yet, since they rarely use actual conversion rates for the US prices vs. the UK prices.

I'd guess the gamers is going to weigh in about $104.25. You know, since GW like putting decimals in there to confuse us all.

Mr Mystery
06-20-2012, 02:25 PM
It's the UK Price I'm after :P

wittdooley
06-20-2012, 02:41 PM
Whoops! I think they were listing it at 65 GBP for gamers and 80 GBP for Collectors. I think.

Deadlift
06-20-2012, 02:46 PM
I'm going to get the gamers edition and all the extra bits and bobs. The tape measure looks a bit daft so will give that a miss.
My only complaint is the release date falls on the same date as Goodwood festival of speed which is "the lads" annual outing

http://www.goodwood.co.uk/festival-of-speed/welcome.aspx

I don't think saying I'm missing this year to play toy soldiers will cut it really with my mates :p Still at least it will be waiting for me when I get home.

Bulveye
06-20-2012, 02:46 PM
I just can't see spending 50 extra dollars on a man purse (with a cool logo) and dice. Theres other things i would rather spend that money on at the gamestore.

Now a extra 20 bucks wouldnt be bad for the purse :)

Deadlift
06-20-2012, 02:49 PM
I just can't see spending 50 extra dollars on a man purse (with a cool logo) and dice. Theres other things i would rather spend that money on at the gamestore.

I'm looking at it as a man purse for my iPad :D

Mr Mystery
06-20-2012, 02:56 PM
£65 you say?

That's not so bad. Really rather tempted by that. Bag is nifty....And I'm a sucker for limited edition dice....

isotope99
06-20-2012, 03:19 PM
Eldargal had them at £80 and £85 in the other thread. Seems more likely :(

Diagnosis Ninja
06-20-2012, 03:22 PM
I can barely justify £45, let alone £80. On top of that, I'd either get insulted for having a man bag, or for being a **** with the Imperial Aquila on a bag.

For the price difference, I can put the money into a flyer or something instead.

wittdooley
06-20-2012, 04:02 PM

Now a extra 20 bucks wouldnt be bad for the purse :)

Where are you seeing the extra $50? The base rules are $75 and the Gamer's Ed is expected to clock in right around $105.... I'm not great at math.....but I don't think that difference is $50.

billytwix
06-20-2012, 04:19 PM
Gamers ed. was listed @ $123.75 on dakka: fake leather purse, 2 badges (imperial & chaos), Dice set, book.

Bulveye
06-20-2012, 04:59 PM
Where are you seeing the extra $50? The base rules are $75 and the Gamer's Ed is expected to clock in right around $105.... I'm not great at math.....but I don't think that difference is $50.

I was commenting on the $125 amount i heard on another post, which would make ot roughly $50 more. Knowing how GW roles i highly doubt the fancy bag and dice edition will only be $105, but i could be wrong.

Deadlift
06-20-2012, 05:09 PM
You can't put a price on style.

Mr. Furious
06-20-2012, 05:28 PM
Is anyone sure that the diceholder servoskulls are included in the Gamer's Edition set? They are pictured with it but not mentioned in the fuzzy description as far as I'm able to see.

Rajden
06-20-2012, 10:50 PM
hideous[/B]. 5th's sleek green templates really looked the business, but these horrible "lightning" things look like some poorly manufactured toy. Not impressed.

I do like the little servo-skull thingys, though. They're quite smart.

Just felt the exactly same.
How hard could it be to actually make the servoskull measure tape look like a real servoskull? The idea is nice but I sorta looks like some amateur designed it, the bionic eye make it look more like a toy.

The blue flashes inside the templates probably will break after a short while unless they are made in a soft materiel.

Dice look great but I cat imagine playing with them, trying to figure out what the dice show every single roll.

The only thing really worth it apart from the book itself seems to be the objective markers. But they probably arn't included.

The Collectors book better have the same parchment paper as the Fantasy collectors to make it even worth concidering, pictures look soo much better on better quality paper. If memory serves me right the Fantasy rulebook didn't have any aditional items in the last Fantasy Collectors pack and this one probably wont either. A shame really.

I had really high expectations on the cover of the collectors edition since the fantasy book i exquisite in all regards. The game bag is tempting, but seeing how i rarely use the apocalypse bag from the Apocalypse splash release, I doubt I would ever use a man purse, probably not even once IRL. It just looks good and thats why you want it, but as stated earlier, better to buy a flier or another kit of models I will actually use.

The Fantasy Flight 40K roleplay collectors edition books have looked like both these covers are a big dissapointment. Even the 5th edition collectors looked more interesting than this.
(Below: Links to FFs collector ed books, and 5th CD ed ).

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=818
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=1759
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=2873
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41fuRLV3sQL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

woodenronin
06-21-2012, 05:31 AM
BRB, templates, and psychic cards for me please.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-21-2012, 06:18 AM
Listen to all of the bfs (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=*****%20Fit)! The sound of nerdrage is glorious. :/

wittdooley
06-21-2012, 06:41 AM
Well crap. I thought the collector's was $125.... fiddlesticks!

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-21-2012, 06:43 AM
Why? What is it in Dollars?

Wolfshade
06-21-2012, 06:50 AM
Gamers ed. was listed @ $123.75 on dakka: fake leather purse, 2 badges (imperial & chaos), Dice set, book.

:confused:

Warhammer 40,000: Collectors' Edition Rulebook (English) Rulebook July 23-Jun-12
30-Jun-12 - $132.00
via Faeit212

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-21-2012, 06:51 AM
Leather purse? Sounds like a gay.

Wolfshade
06-21-2012, 06:53 AM
It's a manbag or satchel if you prefer :rolleyes:

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-21-2012, 06:59 AM
Oooooohh dapper (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=dapper).

Wolfshade
06-21-2012, 07:02 AM
Did it really need a link to UD?!

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-21-2012, 07:07 AM
Some people may not know what it means, it is there for clarification.

Better than a link to Love Can Bloom.

jonsgot
06-21-2012, 07:12 AM
Eldargal had them at £80 and £85 in the other thread. Seems more likely :(

I reckoned £75 and £80.

http://chaptermasters.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/lots-of-new-40k-products-for-junejuly.html

Knowing GW Eldargal is probably right. £65 sounds very unlikely.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-21-2012, 07:19 AM
YEY! If it's £75 then I can use the other 5er for food! EPIC WINZ!

Wolfshade
06-21-2012, 07:26 AM
Or beer?

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-21-2012, 07:31 AM
It's all good!

Galadren
06-21-2012, 12:32 PM
So...to get the Gamer Edition I have to cut my local game store owner out of the loop. Lame.

:mad:

Wildeybeast
06-21-2012, 01:05 PM
So...to get the Gamer Edition I have to cut my local game store owner out of the loop. Lame.

:mad:

Not really surprising though. Given they are only available in limited numbers, there wouldn't be much point sending them out to third party retailers.

Galadren
06-21-2012, 01:08 PM
Not really surprising though. Given they are only available in limited numbers, there wouldn't be much point sending them out to third party retailers.

True, and put it that way I can see it. But I'd rather give my money to my friend than to GW, so I'll be passing on the nifty leather bag. I just hate that I have to make that choice.

Wildeybeast
06-21-2012, 01:13 PM
Yeah, it's a kicker, but there's no room for friends in business apparently

Galadren
06-21-2012, 04:15 PM
I talked to my friend/store owner. He said the Gamer's Edition is direct order, but no direct orders are guaranteed for this and it'll be so rare he might as well not be able to get it. I told him if he can get one I'll toss in a bonus.

Deadlift
06-22-2012, 10:06 AM
When do GW put the new stuff up for pre-order, will it be midnight or later on in the morning ?

eldargal
06-22-2012, 10:26 AM
Midnight usually, I think.

Dlatrex
06-22-2012, 10:27 AM
When do GW put the new stuff up for pre-order, will it be midnight or later on in the morning ?

Last month the flyer preoders went live at midnight BST.

Deadlift
06-22-2012, 11:36 AM
Thanks guys :)

Wolfshade
06-22-2012, 01:29 PM
It's almost here I'm too excited

Herzlos
06-22-2012, 02:10 PM
Gamers edition is £75 in the UK, but you'll find that out in 3 hours anyway :D

JMichael
06-22-2012, 02:38 PM
Well I'm buying 2 collectors, 1 gamer, and 1 regular. Certainly not going to take the collector's edition to my weekly gaming! Wish the starter set was coming out now too, then I could skip the regular BRB all together.

energongoodie
06-22-2012, 02:41 PM
Were the rumours saying the starter set was next month? There's been so many rumours and threads I've got a bit discombulated :confused:

uglytater
06-22-2012, 03:53 PM
Were the rumours saying the starter set was next month? There's been so many rumours and threads I've got a bit discombulated :confused:

I'm new to this, it's my first time experiencing an edition rollover, so I'm curious, is it plausible to wait for the starter set and the small rule book or will I need to dish out for one of these rule books?

Wolfshade
06-22-2012, 03:57 PM
Welcome aboard uglytater.
Its up to you and your group. If your regular opponents are happy to play 5th with you until you have the new box set then that's fine, tournaments and in-store gaming will all be 6th (well unless the TO declares otherwise)

Verilance
06-22-2012, 04:24 PM

next month's issue of WD is all about allied detachments according to the back page of WD390 so I would think it would at the earliest be end of August beginning of September

Deadlift
06-22-2012, 04:50 PM
I'm new to this, it's my first time experiencing an edition rollover, so I'm curious, is it plausible to wait for the starter set and the small rule book or will I need to dish out for one of these rule books?

I think we will see the starter set previewed at the end of september, just in time for UK gamesday and then a full release in Oct. Between now and then its going to be 6th and then Chaos if everything we read pans out :)

Welcome to the boards matey.

JMichael
06-22-2012, 05:21 PM
Books up and on sale now!

Wolfshade
06-22-2012, 05:24 PM
Too exciting! Ordered mine, time to wait, damn it it isn't here!