PDA

View Full Version : Idle speculation on what extra models I should get for 6ed (foot IG)

sneakyben
06-20-2012, 01:37 AM
I have 2000pts of foot-IG with no psykers or templates*/blast** weapons

It is awesome... No-one is geared up for it and the only thing that causes me big issues is DE and BA CC-based lists which I would have less problems with if my tactics were better :D

(*don't like building flamers...
** poor BS + filling nearly half the table after a couple turns of moving = too much scope for hitting my own units... taken lascannons and autocannons instead is good fun)

IF THE LATEST RUMOURS ARE TRUE (and I am well aware they may/may not be) I may need to get some new models :D

I have tried so hard just to wait until the book comes out BUT I CANNOT WAIT ANY LONGER so I need some idle speculation...

Will I need some missle launchers to get those pesky fast vehicles (based on the 'hitting on a 6' thing that was mentioned)?
(I guess we'll just have to wait for the book to see what is more likely to work for a certian points cost: volume of fire from X number of autocannons Vs volume of fire from Y number of missle launchers...
I'm an engineer so I like this sort of maths :D)

Will I need a primaris psyker and/or some psyker battle squads?
(Under the new rules will these be more useful than the stuff I have already?
Again, more good fun maths when the book comes out)

Will I need some flamers for helping with the hitting in close combat?
(Apparently not now, if template/blast cannot be used as this snap-firing thing, as per the latest story on the front page)

Kawauso
06-20-2012, 09:30 AM
Will I don't know that you'll -need- to change much. Your list is pretty unconventional as-is and goes against what's typically regarded as 'good' in 5th, so I don't see things forcing your hand one way or the other.

I think IG psykers are going to get a -massive- boost in 6th, since in exchange for the powers they have now (which are good) they can pick from among all but 1 or 2 of the new psychic lores.

thecactusman17
06-20-2012, 01:34 PM
Sounds like some good ideas would be a bastion with dual auto cannons up top. That could help you significantly vs flyers.

Kaika87
06-20-2012, 03:09 PM
If you're willing to take a few vehicle units, I'd be willing to put down money that Hydras are about to get a whole lot more awesome.