PDA

View Full Version : Greater Daemon models acceptable substitute for Daemon Princes?

iktomi
06-19-2012, 10:25 PM
I'm thinking about starting up my second army and going with daemons. I'm not crazy about any of the DP models I've seen. I would really like to use greater daemon models to count as DP's. It would be one each of nurgle, tzeentch, and slaanesh DP's on the list. The only actual greater daemon in the list would be Fateweaver, using its actual model.

Would using the greater daemon models to count as daemon princes be acceptable at your typical independent tournament?

The AKH
06-19-2012, 11:39 PM
You would want to model them so as to be eminently clear that they aren't Greater Daemons, but I wouldn't have any problem with it.

Denzark
06-20-2012, 01:50 AM
I've considered similar but using the original GD models - slightly smaller but still chunky.

Learn2Eel
06-20-2012, 05:01 AM
My local GW staff were going to let me use the Lord of Change as a Tzeentch Daemon Prince (if I didn't feel like using a greater daemon in-game) as part of a sale sweetener.

EDIT: Sorry, missed the part where you said in tournaments.
I'd imagine they will as long as you model them to look different to normal greater daemons, but it will probably depend on the attitude of each tournament organiser more than anything else. Personally I'd allow it because I think as long as you clearly mark what a proxy model is, then there is no issue.

isotope99
06-20-2012, 05:12 AM
I think you'd be fine with this as long as you don't start mixing them together (e.g. the vomit coloured great unclean one model is a daemon prince but the excrement coloured model is a real greater daemon) so that it get's confusing. I've used it the other way around DP -> GD at GW's tournaments several times.

Bedroom General
06-20-2012, 06:28 AM
aren't they on different sized bases? surely just a rebase will do.

lobster-overlord
06-20-2012, 07:21 AM
aren't they on different sized bases? surely just a rebase will do.

No, they are all on 50mm monster bases for Fantasy and 60mm round for 40K (or at least that's what they all come with...your opponents might be basing them differently)